Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something is missing

When I got my surgery, I had stopped wearing jeans because I had to lay on the bed to zip them up. I had been wearing a very tight 24. This week I decided to go root around in my closet and try on some old clothes for the first time since my surgery. I got into a size 18 jeans, zipped and buttoned (without laying on the bed, lol). I turned and looked at my backside in the mirror and noticed that my a$$ has fallen off. :confused1:

Also, my BMI has fallen under 30, which means I am no longer morbidly obese, or obese, I am just overweight. I never thought I would be happy to say that.

Then, I noticed how bad I needed to clean the streaks off my bathroom mirror. LOL

81738520.png

Edited by Maddie

Congratulations,!!! You should really be proud of your accomplishment. I'm still waiting for my primary physician's referral to a surgeon and the bariatric clinic. I think that it's going to be a long journey. Stories like your's inspire me. Keep up the great work!:thumbup:

Good for you! It is so nice to not have obese on the chart at the doctors office now! My bum, well the lack thereof, was the first thing I really noticed. I am kind of finding it hard to find pants that fit right now because my bum has lost quicker than my tum! It is really interesting because I have always lost weight in previous diets in my stomach and breasts first, this time has been my arms and butt. Are you noticing that you are losing differently than you previous attempts?

Your arse hasn't fallen off, it's just that the old baggy clothes are now way too big and swallow it like a python eating a deer! I'm in the same boat. I wore Levi's 550 "Relaxed Fit" jeans, and now even though the waistband fits me, the butt and legs are incredibly baggy. So it's not just the size of the clothes, it's the cut that changes. I'm probably going to go try on some new "normal cut" (IE, not relaxed fit, aka not fat man jeans) jeans this weekend.

hmmmmmm.. no "relaxed" fit or "stretch" jeans. I had forgotten they made anything else! Let us know how they fit...

Maddie, that is SUPER- DUPER!! congrats on your loss, cant wait til sept 17!!

Good for you! It is so nice to not have obese on the chart at the doctors office now! My bum, well the lack thereof, was the first thing I really noticed. I am kind of finding it hard to find pants that fit right now because my bum has lost quicker than my tum! It is really interesting because I have always lost weight in previous diets in my stomach and breasts first, this time has been my arms and butt. Are you noticing that you are losing differently than you previous attempts?

As a matter of fact, I have lost differently than before. In the past it was boobs and tummy, now it's legs and butt. Don't know if it's the surgery, the high Protein or what. But, I'll take it just the same, LOL.

Your arse hasn't fallen off, it's just that the old baggy clothes are now way too big and swallow it like a python eating a deer! I'm in the same boat. I wore Levi's 550 "Relaxed Fit" jeans, and now even though the waistband fits me, the butt and legs are incredibly baggy. So it's not just the size of the clothes, it's the cut that changes. I'm probably going to go try on some new "normal cut" (IE, not relaxed fit, aka not fat man jeans) jeans this weekend.

Duh, me! I am so glad you pointed that out. I think all I own are relaxed fit clothes. Of course they are gonna fit differently. THANKS! Hope the clothes shopping goes well for you.

Maddie dear you look fantastic. I am sooooo impress by what you have accomplish. WAY TO GO GIRLFRIEND. I am totally loving all of this. THE SLEEVE ROCKS.

:thumbup::thumbup::cool::thumbup::smile1:

{{{{ HUGS}}}

Deb