Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight watchers anyone?

I'm 2 years post op and have lost 100 lbs, I've wanted to lose about 10-15 more pounds and instead of accomplishing that recently my weight has even started to creep up again.

I know it's because of my relationship with food, I still make bad choices when I'm feeling depressed, tired, stressed, anxious, whatever.

The other day I was discusted with myself for not being able to lose anymore and i put some chocolate in my mouth!

So, I need some support and am thinking about weight watchers, has anyone tried that?

I am 8 months out and 15-10 pounds from my goal. I am thinking of joining weight watchers for the accountability and just because I always dreamed of becoming a Lifetime member and I know that I can do it now!

It sounds like you have had great success so far. Are you gaining weight now, or just haven't quite got those last pounds off? Good luck to you in your journey!

I did WW from Nov to April pre op... and lost 21lbs. I found it quite good, as it had smaller portions than other diets I had tried. I'm not sure I would be able to even get near the amount of points they would allow you to have each day tho.... not sure how that works - but maybe you could go along and have a chat to them.

personally i would join something like OA thier sessons are better and you can really talk about what bugging you and you can go to one everyday if you need to plus meet some friends and perhapes a spousor to. good luck and hugs

Weight Watchers is one of, if not the best, weight loss programs out there, in my opinion. Whenever I was successful with weight loss prior to my surgery, it was with WW. As someone else mentioned, I am not sure you would be able to eat the amount of daily points they require. Perhaps you could speak with the WW leader and ask them if they might be able to alter the points plan to meet your needs.

thanks!

Well I went on Saturday and registered. I weighed in at 185 pounds- exactly 100 less than when I had my VSG, 5 pounds higher than my lowest. of 180

So they recommended 22 points a day for me, and that's not really that much, considering a small mcdonald's cheeseburger is 8 points! LOL

With grazing, I was getting way more calories than I needed and I could really tell that by counting my points this weekend. Plus I noticed that if you drink high calorie drinks you won't have any points left for food!

I need to remember that the surgery is the tool, not the miracle cure and that I need to do this work on my own as well.....

Well wish me luck, I'm tired of beating myself up about my pants being too tight, it's like being 285 all over again

personally i would join something like OA thier sessons are better and you can really talk about what bugging you and you can go to one everyday if you need to plus meet some friends and perhapes a spousor to. good luck and hugs

What is OA??

Overeaters Anonymous.

After my revision and I'm all settled in with it and eating solids regulary I do plan to use this as another tool toward figuring out whats eating me, instead of what I'm eating.

Once this weight is gone, I want it to stay gone forever. One thing I've learned with my current WLS is, never thing this weight will be gone forever simply because you have WLS. It can and it *WILL* come back if you continue to over eat and eat emotionally.

Good luck to you! WW is a wonderful third tool option for Weight loss, but I for myself, I'm going to work on my issues from the inside out. I believe it will help me the most.

I'm gonna disagree with the majority and say that WW is probably not the best choice for you. WW is good for someone who doesn't know how to eat right, not for someone who has a troublesome relationship with food that's plagued by guilt and feeling out of control. I think you'd benefit much more from counselling.

I have to agree, it sounds like OA might offer you a more comprehensive tool that addresses the cause and not just the symptom.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say WW is not going to do it for you. Did WW do it for any of us pre-op? I will bet the majority of us here have tried WW at some point in our lives, lost weight and regained because many of us are food addicts! WW does not address the mental and psychological stuff that goes on in our heads when it comes to food.

We went through a drastic surgery and we should have learned the proper eating techniques during our "honeymoon phase" when we were dropping pounds like crazy. Return to eating lean, dense Protein, good low-glycemic healthy veggies and perhaps some low-glycemic fruits. Start and exercise program. You have already lost 100 pounds, and you know what to do. Be honest with yourself, start a food journal and kick those nasty, bad carbs out of your life for now.

YOU CAN DO THIS! :)

I have been going to WW for the last 4 weeks and have been losing about 2 lbs a week. I have to lose 16 lbs before my surgery. It costs me $12.00 a week which I really don't have the money for, but it is working for me. One of my friends who I met at our WLS Support groups is, or shall I say was going because she had her surgery like 2 years ago and feels she needs to be accountable, because she is falling of the wagon. She could not follow the points, and she could not eat all the veggies, and fruits they ask you to eat. She has not been the last couple of weeks so she may of quit. Good luck . I have my weigh in tonight, I always get so darn nervous on weigh in days, that I make myself sick.