Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TODAY - 7 months out and 64.2 pounds gone!

Very embarrassing ... let's just say I was ah hem ... "wrestling" with my husband. I must have turned the wrong way or something and tore the cartilage between my upper ribs on my left side. :001_cool: But on a positive note, if you are gonna get hurt - what a way to do it! :confused1:

I'm in a rib brace right now. The pain is tolerable, but I'm limited in motion while it heals. Hopefully next week things will be healed enough that I can do the treadmill flat & then start progressing to inclines.

Too much TMI?

LOVE IT!!! :lol0:

ok..well I don't love that your'e hurt....but I love how you did it...hehehe

Very embarrassing ... let's just say I was ah hem ... "wrestling" with my husband. I must have turned the wrong way or something and tore the cartilage between my upper ribs on my left side. :blush: But on a positive note, if you are gonna get hurt - what a way to do it! :)

I'm in a rib brace right now. The pain is tolerable, but I'm limited in motion while it heals. Hopefully next week things will be healed enough that I can do the treadmill flat & then start progressing to inclines.

Too much TMI?

Ohhh, haha, ok! I thought maybe it had something to do with the surgery, so I was a bit concerned for a minute, as I was planning to start running in about a month. I was like, "Woah, I have to wait 7 months!?:blink:" LOL. Best wishes on your recovery....:)

Ohhh, haha, ok! I thought maybe it had something to do with the surgery, so I was a bit concerned for a minute, as I was planning to start running in about a month. I was like, "Woah, I have to wait 7 months!?:blink:" LOL. Best wishes on your recovery....:)

No ... but be careful ... there definitely seems to be a correlation between the scales going down and more "wrestling" happening at our house! :)

Well done Mini Me - Its lovely to read as we're about the same, I was touch heavier than you, and you're a bit taller than me, but its nice to know I could be almost at goal (( I am aiming for 140lbs to start with) in a few months time.

Can I ask have you upped your calorie /food intake at all, and how much you are losing at the moment? I seem to have stabilized after a fairly quick start then some weeks of hardly anything going to lose about 1-2lbs a week at the moment, but think it may slow down nearer to 'goal'.

My calories are between 1000 and 1200. Last month I only lost 4 pounds so. It has really slowed down for me. But that makes sense since my calorie deficit has dropped. I have definitely noticed the body changes in the past 6 or so weeks - sides curving in more and hips slimming down. I still have areas that still have fat on them so that is why I am considering losing a little bit more. If it takes the rest of this year, I am ok with that. Slow and steady feels right at this stage.

Hope that helps.

My calories are between 1000 and 1200. Last month I only lost 4 pounds so. It has really slowed down for me. But that makes sense since my calorie deficit has dropped. I have definitely noticed the body changes in the past 6 or so weeks - sides curving in more and hips slimming down. I still have areas that still have fat on them so that is why I am considering losing a little bit more. If it takes the rest of this year, I am ok with that. Slow and steady feels right at this stage.

Hope that helps.

Yes it has - thanks very much for that - keep us informed how you get on.

Brilliant news Mini-Me. Love the wrestling story!!

Jane x

WTG. You have been so committed, you deserve this. I can't imagine being so close to goal. You must be ecstatic . Best of luck on kicking those last few pounds to the curb. You have been such an encouragement to me, thanks.

Ok the rib thing sounds painful!!!!! But definitely more enjoyable than when I fractured mine. Fell over in the family's RV when someone pulled out in front of my dad on the highway... hit my ribs on the countertop as I went down. Ouch!

Congrats on all of your success. Size 8 is awesome. I am 5'5" with a goal weight of 160 and I think that will be a size 8-10 and that's where I want to be!

Hello :biggrin2: Congrats on your loss...what an amazing journey :frown1:

I am scheduled with Dr. Umbach on 09/10/10...outpatient. Did you have this procedure? Is there anything you can tell me about the process? I am super anxious and would love to speak with someone who he has operated on :)

Much love :)

Sarah

Thanks for giving us newly 4 days out from surgery hope.

As far as the ribs, I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or envy you. lol

Hello :) Congrats on your loss...what an amazing journey :)

I am scheduled with Dr. Umbach on 09/10/10...outpatient. Did you have this procedure? Is there anything you can tell me about the process? I am super anxious and would love to speak with someone who he has operated on :)

Much love :)

Sarah

Yes, Dr. Umbach did my sleeve on 1/27/10 as outpatient. He is a great surgeon & you will like him a lot. He really made me feel comfortable with my decision and very confident in his skills.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

Very embarrassing ... let's just say I was ah hem ... "wrestling" with my husband. I must have turned the wrong way or something and tore the cartilage between my upper ribs on my left side. :blush: But on a positive note, if you are gonna get hurt - what a way to do it! :)

Too much TMI?

OMG I thought I was the only one to ever sustain an injury from that sort of thing. My hubby gave me a hairline fracture in my vertebrae about 3 years ago...I had to have some major manipulation and some healing time.

Once healed he still finds it a weird badge of honor...that he broke me. ::rolls eyes:::cursing: