Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I ever be able to eat pizza again?

So I know that eating bread is difficult for a while. That being said, how long usually until a VSG'r can have pizza again? Will I at least be able to eat the toppings any time soon? I am one week out.

Of all the foods I thought I'd miss, I didn't think pizza and toast with butter would be at the top of my list.

AniO

You will in a few months I was a lil over 3 when I did my small slice it was very hard on liquids seeing all those pizza commercials its mind over matter

I knew that pizza would be one of the things I would miss, so I am hoping that in a few months I will be able to. I am craving the homemade pizza that we usually make on a saturday night with a lot of vegetables and mozzarella cheese! Saturday nights aren't the same anymore I have to admit :001_smile:

I've never liked the pizza itself, I've always wanted to just pick off and eat the toppings of melty cheese and crispy salty pepperoni. When I have access to a kitchen again I will try the "pizza bites" recipe from "The World According to Eggface" blog - they give the pizza deliciousness but are high Protein low carb.

I am 2 1/2 months out, and I have eaten pizza several times already. I dont eat the back crust, get a really thin crust pizza and cut it into tiny bites. I absolutely love the World according to Eggface's pizza. Carb balance tortilla (small size), sugar free pizza sauce, light motzarella, and turkey pepperoni = Yum!! I also do one with light alfredo sauce sliced grilled chicken, light motzarella, and 1 piece of microwave bacon crumbled, kind of like a chicken carbonara pizza.

I am 2 1/2 months out, and I have eaten pizza several times already. I dont eat the back crust, get a really thin crust pizza and cut it into tiny bites. I absolutely love the World according to Eggface's pizza. Carb balance tortilla (small size), sugar free pizza sauce, light motzarella, and turkey pepperoni = Yum!! I also do one with light alfredo sauce sliced grilled chicken, light motzarella, and 1 piece of microwave bacon crumbled, kind of like a chicken carbonara pizza.

When I wrote my comment I had totally forgotten about her awesome tortilla pizzas! Her "bites" aka crustless quiches, are awesome too and she has a recipe for a pizza bite.

So I know that eating bread is difficult for a while. That being said, how long usually until a VSG'r can have pizza again? Will I at least be able to eat the toppings any time soon? I am one week out.

Of all the foods I thought I'd miss, I didn't think pizza and toast with butter would be at the top of my list.

AniO

of course you will be able to have your pizza again. . .i'm 8 months out and enjoy EVERYTHING just like before surgery. . the only difference is you can't eat as much as you did before the surgery. . . the only thing i can't eat (cause it hurts) is salad and steaks. . . otherwise i can enjoy whatever i want. . . cheers!!! Hang in there life gets better. . . less but better!:001_smile:

It'll take a couple of months, but you know what's so weird? As soon as I tried my favorite pizza from pizza Hut, I thought it tasted like cardboard. Literally, it was so disgusting that I took 1 bite, and spit it out.

Now, I can eat 1 slice of pizza as long as it's thin crust, and I never eat the doughy part of the end crust if it's a medium crust. Pizza used to be a favorite, but now it's kind of an "ehh, okay I guess I'll eat it."

AniO

OMG, This is exactly what Im craving too. I don't even like pizza that much.

You will be there soon! It was last Saturday for me (3 1/2 months out). My family has been so great in adjusting their diets to match mine and they had just not asked for it until then. I think I could have done it at 2-2 1/2 months out though. I only ate the toppings and one bite of the crust. At this point, I just don't want to use the limited tummy space on breaded stuff, mostly due to daily Protein needs vs. space. The suggestion of getting the thin crust and the tortilla pizza was a great idea,The World according to Eggface rocks! So don't worry, you will have it again. That is the best part of this, nothing is forbidden, you just want less.

Pizzas not that great, it's just the 'idea' of pizza. A residual yearning from the old days. I had as much pizza as I could manage a couple of months ago and I was up most of the night with the worst acid. never again, I will stick to chilli and high Protein stuff.

Jane x

I eat pizza about once a week. Usually it is just one slice of thin pizza and maybe a wing or two.

(I seem to enjoy the wings more than the pizza. Maybe it's because of the mental challenge to get in all my Protein & pizza isn't the best source.)

Thanks for all of the replies! I have been looking at Egg Face's blog. I can't wait to try her things. I'll be on mushies this coming Wednesday.

Now, I'm just wait for the kids to serve me the wonderful "Play Doh Surprise" dinner they are making for me. Yum! :)

AniO

I eat pizza all the time. I take my kids out for pizza at least once a week. I can eat one piece and I am stuffed. It doesn't bother me that I can't eat more because I am full.

I watch them polish off the rest of the pizza, and wonder where they put it.

If you have a take and bake place, they offer a really thin cracker crust. I can eat 2 pieces of that kind.

i don't miss alot of things so funny all my favs like fries and milkshakes just don't have an urge for it plus none of it tastes the same and i get deathly ill when i eat anything that has too much grease. when we go to mcdonlds i get my large coffee with splenda and i'm content i have a set diet that works for me and my works outs and i never was a pizza lover could be in highschool all of us worked at pizza hut and well let then say after working there from age 14-18 pizza is non exist in my world.