Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm now 11 weeks out and lost another 1.5lbs this week, taking my sleeve weight loss to 31lbs. My heaviest weight really was back in November when i was 224lbs and did Weight Watchers until I made the decision to get the Sleeve.

So when I told hubby of my weight loss this week he had a challenge for me - to put the same amount of weight that I had lost in a bag, and lift it.

So I thought about it and counted it from my heaviest and put 46.5lbs in a bag.

OMG :001_tt2: - it was SO HEAVY!!!!!!! Hard to think that was spread all over me, let alone doing anything whilst walking with it....I could just lift it!!

I'd advise everyone to do this along the way just to remind you of where you have come from. Its an eye opener!!

Thanks Gary.

After years of yoyoing up and down I have heard this idea many many times before, but never actually done it.....if I had I may have realised exactly what the weight meant to me.... a lb here and there doesn't seem much unless you can equate it to something... a child, a pet etc.....I know I'll never want to (or have to) carry around that extra bag again, and all the rest my new tool will allow me to shed.

Bring it on!!

I am so glad that you are doing so well. I like the challenge. It is hard to imagine what I used to carry around.

Best of luck for continued success.

Similar story here. The final "aha" moment that led me to surgery was when I was weighing a suitcase I had packed to make sure it was under the 50 pound limit so I wouldn't have to pay the extra airline handling charge. It was so heavy when I put it on the scale I was sure it would weigh more...it didn't.... 45 pounds. Then it hit me like a sledgehammer, I am carrying around almost 3 times that in extra weight. I started researching gastric surgery the next day. I have now lost 73, so I still have a suitcase and a carry-on bag to go, but someday soon I will have lost all that excess baggage!

I would but I'm not allowed to lift that much yet! LOL

I love this idea. I can't imagine what it must be like to know what that extra weight felt like. I may have to do that soon. I'm almost down 30 lbs. and I can't even begin to understand what I have lost.

Its a really good idea to do a 'how far have I come' check to pep you up. I remember when we were out with friends and we were chatting about my weight loss and we realised I had lost the entire weight of one of us, Ming who is a very small Indonesian lady. So after that the joke was I had lost a Ming. Or I had been walking around with a Ming on my back.

When you look at the weight you have lost you realise why you felt tired all the time. We end up having lots of muscle under the fat just to bear it all. I read about cadaver dissection recently and apparently the fat bodies are impressively muscular after the adipose tissue has been removed, the skinny bodies are just weedy in comparison! Nice thought eh?

Jane x

lol - Jane that made me laugh!

It reminds me of that saying "Skinny people are crunchy, like carrots." :thumbup:

LOL!! Nice one.

This is a wonderful idea, but everyone tells me that I have lost an 8 year old lol

I have to laugh because I wouldn't be allowed to lift that bag HAHA. With my back I am not supposed to lift over 30 lbs... and I have lost 73... LOL!!! So I can't do your experiment but it does sound fun. My cat weighs 11 lbs so the other day I said to my husband "I've lost 6 1/2 Phoebes." haha

I have to laugh because I wouldn't be allowed to lift that bag HAHA. With my back I am not supposed to lift over 30 lbs... and I have lost 73... LOL!!! So I can't do your experiment but it does sound fun. My cat weighs 11 lbs so the other day I said to my husband "I've lost 6 1/2 Phoebes." haha

I almost spewed my Water when I read that your cat's name is Phoebe. Do you have a "smelly cat"? :lol0: