Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sorry there's so many of you struggling! We'll be your cheerleaders, because I know if it happens to me, I'll be the first one to complain! I too was under the impression it wouldn't be as much of a struggle, I know there's always work to do & no magic cure, but come on, you're missing part of your body!

Good luck & ((((hugs))))))!

I love my sleeve and it has changed my quality of life. I guess our bodies are still trying to hold on to the fat stores. I'm just going to quit weighing so often (or try to) and exercise the same as I have been. I wonder what other forum members did when the weight loss slowed to 1-2 lbs a month? Did they ramp up the exercise, do a 5day pouch test or simply let time take care of it?

Don't forget that sometimes you lose inches, but not weight (due to more muscle buildup, Water retention, etc). So the scale is not always the most accurate way to judge total fat loss.

Hey Doug just noticed that you are from Vegas and jumping through the same hoops as I am Just wanted to sat HI :wave:

I would like to say "ditto" to all of you. I am also in a stall, and I am starting to get worried. I try not to think about it, but it is right in front of you. I am falling back into my old habits due to the lack of success in the past few months. The monkey on my back that craves chocolate (not choc. Protein shakes) and tortilla chips. I know I will get through this too. I am hoping that the weather here in North Texas gets cooler soon (106 yesterday) so I can enjoy walking more and family activities. Also, school just started along with fall sports, so my life will become more hectic than ever. At the office, I only keep light cheese, Protein Shakes, and Peanut Butter at my disposal. This keeps me honest. Hugs sent your way, and thank you for allowing me to feel the frustration without guilt. I am not alone in this journey, and I thank you for that.

Hi All, At 4 months out I was averaging 10lbs a month loss, which is no help to you except for me to say what I was actually doing at that point. I was not exercising except walking. I was taking in around 1000cals a day, and I was getting very high Protein with very low carbs.

Jane x

If anyone knows what you are going through, it's those of us who have been there. I hit stalls, freakout moments, OMG What have I done?, etc ... everyone told me to hold steady, keep up the work, and it would come off. Well, I'm 4.4 pounds from my goal, so I can say "They were right".

Here are my stats for average lost per month:

• Month 1 - 18
  • Month 2 - 11
  • Month 3 - 10
  • Month 4 - 8.6
  • Month 5 - 7
  • Month 6 - 5
  • Month 7 - 4

= Total - 63.6 pounds down in (just shy of) 7 months

It is definitely slowing down ... I expect the last 4.4 to take 2 months. But, the point is that it IS COMING OFF. Yours will too!

I must be honest and confess that I have not been working out like I should. I planned to start back with the treadmill this week, but I tore the cartiledge on my left rib cage so most activity is too painful right now. I know the exercise will help me get things back "into shape" so I hope I can heal quickly.

Edited by MINI-Me
added exercise note

Hi All, At 4 months out I was averaging 10lbs a month loss, which is no help to you except for me to say what I was actually doing at that point. I was not exercising except walking. I was taking in around 1000cals a day, and I was getting very high Protein with very low carbs.

Jane x

OMG thank you so much Jane for saying this! I was starting to doubt my decision after reading this, because this sounds EXACTLY like my daily struggles with the band. Your cocktail of success sounds so simple... and is exactly what I had intended to do to get to goal.

I have 130 Lbs to lose, so that is pretty significant - and I'd like to lose it in the first year. Very doable, IMO. :wave: Thanks again!

I'm a lightweight so my numbers are naturally going to be smaller than everybody else's. But I want to let you know that in my fourth month I only lost 1.6 pounds and it about drove me crazy!!! I just went to FitDay and figured out my losses for each month, at it looks like this:

March (2 weeks): 8.6

April: 5.6

May: 5.8

June: 1.6

July: 6.6

August (so far with a week to go): 5

Total: 33.2, which is more than halfway to my goal, and just 5 pounds away from a "normal" BMI.

I noticed that after things slowed way down in June, they really picked up again and July and August have been much better. I did up the exercise -- I started working with a trainer at the gym twice a week in addition to taking tap dancing classes twice a week, and I also try to get in a good walk another day or two a week. I have actually INCREASED my calories to an average of just over 1,000 per day, making sure to get all my Protein in, and I think that's helped, too.

I think almost all of us, no matter how much we have to lose, feel like we're losing too slowly! I know I started out thinking I was going to lose ALL my weight in six months, and now I realize it's going to take the better part of a year. But the point is, the weight is coming off (I'm a week or so away from seeing the 130s for the first time in YEARS!), and more importantly, I know that this time it's going to STAY off!!

Just wanted to stop in and say that this seems common at this stage to slow down. Last month was 10 lbs with a big 3 week stall in the middle- so 1 week of great loss followed by 3 week stall and then another half a week of great loss. Then, I thought I blew past it as I quickly dropped 8 more lbs and was expecting to be on track for 10 lbs in 2 weeks, then this last week @$&*)BLAM!@)#! I hit a wall and woke up 3 lbs heavier than the day before and have stuck there again this week. I am not saying this to vent really--just that its a common theme regarless of the level of exercise. I am up to 4 miles on my running every other day and I am adding in weights a couple of times a week too. I mention this to say that its not just the level of exercise that plays a part. The body can only take so much weight loss it seems and then it has to adjust. I guess I am fortunate that even with the adjustments I was able to drop the 10lbs last month--I hope to at least get in 10 this month too.

Minime- I hope you heal quickly :001_rolleyes: Thanks for responding, it really helps to know that this is normal, that the weight loss tapers off BUt it does come off if we keep on track. Saying to myself..keep on track..keep on track. I think I might up my Protein jsut a tad.

C Walker..I never though of myself as a lite weight..lol..actually I had the band for almost 2 yrs. After having the band removed I gained 25 lbs. in 4 months..what a nightmare...I have since taken that off though..it is a slow process..I would rather lose it slow though..less saggy skin..hopefully working out will also help with that issue..

Well, I'm 6.5 months out and my weight loss slowed to about 5 lbs a month several months ago. I'm so excited I am still losing steadily and have accepted where I'm at. I think what helps me is that I have trust in the sleeve and in nature. If my body is fighting to lose slowly now then I figure it is because I lost so much so fast in the beginning. Also when I do lose now it much more noticeable. My body is shrinking little by little and my husband says I am starting to look like a smaller person. He still sees changes, and the clothes still get bigger. Sometimes I notice clothing changes faster than I see it on the scale. I am really hoping to be at goal in 1 year. But if I'm off by a couple months, oh well. Just the fact that I may actually reach my goal is super exciting.

My weight loss has slowed, too, but I still lose about 2 lbs per week. For me, eating salads, cutting out the carbs and aerobic exercise seems to keep me on track. I don't get frustrated though because I keep comparing it to how well I did losing weight before the surgery, and since the scale keeps going down and not up like it did before, I don't lose hope. My quality of life is so much better now, too. Everytime I find myself sweating while working in the yard, or racing my grandgirl, or running down the stairs instead of taking them one at a time with both feet, I feel like I've come SO FAR. To my mind, so what if it takes a year, or even two, to lose the 100 lbs? I'm already experiencing the benefits!