Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breezy, I think I'll try the saladswith my Protein and cut out the Pork rinds completely, looking back i see the weight loss slowed way down when they joined my pantry :P I don't care how long it takes but I am a nervous/stress eater and the lack of loss had me going back to grazing on the darn pork rinds way too much. Who knew I would ever consider them a big treat.lol

I have no advice because I am only less than 5 weeks post op. But, I just wanted to make some comments.

The first month, I lost 23 pounds. To me,...that was NOTHING because I had read where some people lost 50. 23 pounds???? Are you kidding? That's obviously not good. But I am slowly realizing that EVERY person is different. I can't compare my weight loss to someone else's.

Frustration to me is different than your frustration. Someone else may be ecstatic for losing 2 pounds in a month, where for me...it would drive me insane.

All I can say is...it's all relative. Best we can do is..our best. We're ALL eating better. We're ALL more conscious to what is going on with our bodies. Is it a little maddening and...dare I say...obsessive? Yes. It totally drives me crazy that I freaking dream about Protein and that the word 'Protein' rules my life.

But....I am trying to stay positive. SOMEDAY I WILL BE THIN AGAIN.

'Chin up' friends. We're in this together.

Breezy, I think I'll try the saladswith my Protein and cut out the Pork rinds completely, looking back i see the weight loss slowed way down when they joined my pantry :tongue_smilie: I don't care how long it takes but I am a nervous/stress eater and the lack of loss had me going back to grazing on the darn pork rinds way too much. Who knew I would ever consider them a big treat.lol

It seems like if I "fill my sleeve" with the salad/chicken, it prevents me from grazing. I know what foods I can eat too much of because they are sliders. One, for me, is popcorn; I can eat a whole bag of popcorn before I get full. So I try to fill my sleeve 3x a day with the right stuff. That seems to keep me from going to the sliders so much.

Yeah Breezy you're right. I did up my Protein and changed my exercise into twice a day on the treadmill and I lost 2 more lbs. It's coming off, I just have to not graze. Three meals and one snack..no grazing.

Breezy is totally right! I went through a period about 3-4 months out when I was eating a lot of "slider" foods like popcorn and cupcakes and Cookies. My calories were still low, but I was getting pretty snacky. And guess what? My weight loss slowed to a crawl and I was going nuts!!

When I cut out the junky stuff and concentrated on getting all my Protein in, my weight loss started to speed up again, even though my total calories went UP! Go figure, huh? I also got serious about exercise and now I'm working out with a trainer twice a week, which is doing wonders for my mental state as well as my body. And this month is shaping up to be my best weight-loss month since the first month, even though I've gone from under 900 calories average per day to over 1000.

I don't feel like it's fast enough lol! I usually have a Protein shake for brekkie, some kind of Protein for lunch/dinner, less than 30 carbs a day. 700-900 calories/day.

I'm not perfect. I eat better on the weekends than work days. I have the occasional glass of wine. I've even had 50 calories worth of dark chocolate on occasion. I snack on cheese or have a Protein Drink when I feel my energy lagging during the day. I drink tons of Crystal Lite when I get hungry. I don't exercise every day. I do drink 64 oz Fluid and eat 60-80 grams of protein a day. For more details, see my blog (link below). Now my nut says 100 gr carbs and 1,000 calories a day are ok but I don't believe her lol.

I've got to become more strict, but it's hard while working full time.

Very true. The fact is, we are the same people after surgery as we were before. Same issues, same wants and desires. We can't pig out like we once did. That in and of itself is a great blessing and if you did nothing else you would loose weight, but very slowly. This is a diet tool, we still have to diet. If I could diet successfully I would of not needed the surgery. Thing is, when I would hit these same stalls dieting before surgery, I would get discouraged and give up, go out and eat 1/2 a pizza. Now I can only eat the toppings off 1 or 2 slices. ha ha. Anyway, we still have to work at dieting or it will take forever. Exercising pushed me out of my slump, lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm 57, I have bad knees, ankle, shoulder, hips, and have found a way around it all. Just have to change things around, can't go for an hour on a treadmill. So I do a little bike, a little eliptical, a little treadmill, etc and get it in without causing to much stress to any one joint. I hope that getting the rest of the weight off will really help these weight bearing joints.

Find something fun to do is the best thing, I really liked the dance classes, made me very sore for sure! ha ha I can't move like the instructor does, but I keep moving something! ha ha lol, what a riot!

I'm almost totally off track. Life's been crazy and I've been using food not in the huge way I used to, but the ism's of addiction are still there. I haven't lost any weight in over a month. I'm totally depressed about it, but trying to keep a "good face" as I did before surgery. I'm going through a phase of plantar fascitis which prevents me from even walking very much. I needed to say all of this just to hear it myself. I'm grateful this forum is here so I can do it. If anyone has any suggestions or has fallen into this pitfall and has their experience to share with me, it would be so appreciated!!!! Thanks One & All!

Breezy is totally right! I went through a period about 3-4 months out when I was eating a lot of "slider" foods like popcorn and cupcakes and Cookies. My calories were still low, but I was getting pretty snacky. And guess what? My weight loss slowed to a crawl and I was going nuts!!

When I cut out the junky stuff and concentrated on getting all my Protein in, my weight loss started to speed up again, even though my total calories went UP! Go figure, huh? I also got serious about exercise and now I'm working out with a trainer twice a week, which is doing wonders for my mental state as well as my body. And this month is shaping up to be my best weight-loss month since the first month, even though I've gone from under 900 calories average per day to over 1000.

Thanks I needed to hear that. I'm going to go back to 2 Protein shakes a day for a week and see what happens! Thanks again, Sheryl

Very true. The fact is, we are the same people after surgery as we were before. Same issues, same wants and desires. We can't pig out like we once did. That in and of itself is a great blessing and if you did nothing else you would loose weight, but very slowly. This is a diet tool, we still have to diet. If I could diet successfully I would of not needed the surgery. Thing is, when I would hit these same stalls dieting before surgery, I would get discouraged and give up, go out and eat 1/2 a pizza. Now I can only eat the toppings off 1 or 2 slices. ha ha. Anyway, we still have to work at dieting or it will take forever. Exercising pushed me out of my slump, lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm 57, I have bad knees, ankle, shoulder, hips, and have found a way around it all. Just have to change things around, can't go for an hour on a treadmill. So I do a little bike, a little eliptical, a little treadmill, etc and get it in without causing to much stress to any one joint. I hope that getting the rest of the weight off will really help these weight bearing joints.

Find something fun to do is the best thing, I really liked the dance classes, made me very sore for sure! ha ha I can't move like the instructor does, but I keep moving something! ha ha lol, what a riot!

Thanks for sharing! I've been beating myself up mentally which only leads to defeat... You've given me a shot of hope to try, try, again! :confused1:

I'm almost totally off track. Life's been crazy and I've been using food not in the huge way I used to, but the ism's of addiction are still there. I haven't lost any weight in over a month. I'm totally depressed about it, but trying to keep a "good face" as I did before surgery. I'm going through a phase of plantar fascitis which prevents me from even walking very much. I needed to say all of this just to hear it myself. I'm grateful this forum is here so I can do it. If anyone has any suggestions or has fallen into this pitfall and has their experience to share with me, it would be so appreciated!!!! Thanks One & All!

Hi Sheryl! I know I have had times when life seemed out of control and I was not eating right. I am concerned that since I eat so little now, I have to be sure to eat nutritious foods. I have found that I have to slow things down and stock the fridge with veggies and Protein. I've found some deli foods that I like...peppered turkey breast meat, chicken salads (without pastas), bean salads....it helps me if I can have something I can grab fast.

I started cutting up salads (with every color of veggie), then store it in a plastic food container with a paper towel on the top. I store it upside down so the excess moisture gets absorbed by the paper towel, and I change the towel when it gets damp. I've found I can make one salad and then eat on it for 4-5 days! I've bought baked chicken breast at the deli then sliced off portions to put on the salad.< /p>

I guess, for me, it helps to have the right food easy to prepare. Try going to the store 2x a week and concentrate on stocking your fridge with Protein and veggies. Don't buy anything that is high in calories and you can't stop eating. For some it's pork rinds:001_tt2:, for me it's sweets!

I hope you get to feeling better physically so you can move more. You might try getting some shoes with better cushioning under your feet.

I'm pulling for you! You can do it! Don't let a slip-up get you down. Just start the next day out with the right foods!