Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas. Gas Gas Gas. Epigastric discomfort... and Gas.

Dudes, right in the middle of my sternum. Friggin' GAS! Taking lots of careful slow sips, trying not to take in air, not going too fast or I get hiccups as well). Taking Gas X strips. All I have to say is, goddamn GAS. I am exhausted.

I am occasionally farting too, although this does not bother me. What bothers me is this epigastric sternal GAS.

GAS.:thumbup1:

Erp, thank you.

Edited by pcindy

I'm 2 days post-op and I feel the same way. Ugh. I'm wondering how long this is going to last.

Hi Anio. I told my husband today that now i know why babies cry miserably when they need to be burped! I literally stopped a mom with a 1 year old in Whole Foods and asked her if she had any bottle suggestions for what type would allow the least amount of air intake! She said her kid had never had a bottle. I was dismayed, as I do not have this child's option! This too shall pass, right? (it had g-dd*mn better!)

Hmmm....I have sippy cups here. I wonder......

My husband now pounds/karate chops my back upon request. He is such a lucky man. Truly, a man to be envied...

I'm two & a half months post-op and still have gas issues both in my chest and downtown.

I've been back on normal food for awhile now and I'm still trying to figure out what is triggering it. I've started writing down everything i'm eating - not for weightloss (I'm already down to 225 from 305) but to figure out what is causing the gassiness.

I thought it would have passed by now (no pun intended)

I was just going to post something about this and you beat me to it. I'm 4 days out and every time I drink a Protein Shake, I get very gassy. Nothing else seems to do it but man those Protein Shakes are killing me. The gas-x sorta helps but not completely...any other suggestions?

I'm now 2 1/2 weeks out, and the gas is MUCH better! Walking and having my back pounded occasionally still does help, but mostly, I'm getting used to how much I can swallow in one moment. I don't force anything if I can help it. I know I'm still swollen and healing and it's getting better all the time. Hang in there, fellow gas-bags! :)

PS- the doc said that Gas-X won't really help because so much of the gas is from swallowing air- not intestinal gas that is being produced. Until we are fully healed, our stomachs and esophaguses are positive-pressure systems. I think the only thing that helps is walking, and time.

I had recurring gas pressure up to a week postop. I mean I was passing so much I was about to fly around like a balloon, but I still had pressure in my chest. It finally passed for good about 9 days out. But you're right, it's darned uncomfortable!!!

gg

Me too. At least mine is coming out so its not too painful unless I drink too fast. But jeez Im belching and farting all day/night. the hiccups with it hurt really bad!! but like the pain in the begining this too shall pass ( hee hee bad pun I know)

I knoooooooow! I hate this GAS!

HILARIOUS. I've heard this is by far one of the worst after effects, but your simple yet eloquent post drove the point home for me. Love it!

Oh dear, I hope your gas gets better soon. I have gas located in my mid and lower stomach all the time. I am currently in the process of scheduling a lapband removal and getting a sleeve gastrectomy replacement at the same time.

I do not know how to navigate around the is site very well. Can you tell me where to go to find out about my MD and his qualifications from other patients ?

I had the Lapband put in By Dr. Lopez Corvala. I was very happy with him and his staff in 2008. For many reasons, I am having it removed.

I just want to know that I have chosen a good MD to do the job. How do I find that out through this website ?

I am a bit nervous about the Gas everyone is experiencing as it has always been an issue for me anyway.

My new MD's name is Dr. Jamie Ponce DeLeon or Dr. Almanza. They work together at Mt. Zion medical on Revolutionary Blvd in TJ, Mexico.

Does anyone know about these 2 MD's ? Or the hospital ?