Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IMHO, yes, you are crazy. Especially if you have to lift and move patients after surgery. Most surgeons place lifting restrictions after surgery. Check with your surgeon about how much time he thinks you may need to take based on the kind of work you do, and if you have any restrictions.

I have a desk job, no heavy lifting, and I was out for 2 weeks. I tried to go back after only 1 week, but I did not have the energy to sustain me through even 1/2 a day.

I'm an oncology nurse and don't really lift patients. The most I think I do is pull them up in bed with the help of another. I will not be able to do that. I will probably have to extend it a few days based on what I've read and heard. Thanks for your reply. :)

Hi there...i'm a nurse and will be 1 week post op tomorrow. There is no way i could go back to work and be at 100% right now...i'm still very drained and weak and tire very easily. Good luck!

I am an RN also, and I took 2 weeks off. A little over 2 weeks, actually. I felt great when I did go back, but I definitely wouldn't have been able to do it at a week. I was not to do heavy lifting for 4 weeks post-op.

I too am an RN and plan on going back to work after 1 week. I work in labor and delivery so there isn't much lifting. I know it will probably be a little rough but we nurses are tough!!!! lol. I also work with a great bunch of girls and know they will help me if I need it. Good luck to you! Please let us know how you do.

I think everyone is different. Just see how you feel. I was back to work in less than a week and felt fine. But I don't have to lift or anything. I actually felt great by day 3 other than being a little sore. I think each individual person is different and you will just have to wait and see how you feel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches