Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having surgery with Dr. Martin Lopez on sept 21st, when are you having yours?

Mine is November 19th. Please update me when you do have your surgery and let me know how it goes. I am excited to have the surgery and can't wait. Good luck with everything and please send updates. Thanks.:thumbup1:

I notice that you were schedule for your surgery yesterday. How are you doing? :)

How are the facilities? I am looking to schedule surgery and this info is really helpful. Thanks.

Hello I am back from Tijuana 4 days post op and very tired it is 3:00 am right now. I will tell you as much as I can right now, but if you have any questions please ask more I would like to help many people with their journey. I actually had surgery with a better surgeon named Dr. Ramos Kelly, I liked both Lopez and Kelly but early on I was told that Kelly was not going to be an option. Kelly last minute about a week before surgery became an option, I jumped on the opportunity and I am so grate full for it. If you compare the way he performs the procedures compared to how American doctors do it, you will see the exact same method. He has great bed side manner, he was very caring, and he put my nerves away very quickly by going over everything with his calm and cool confidence. I remember researching doctors for years on several sites, and I always see people posting that their doctors would see them for 10 minutes before the surgery and that would be it. Dr. Kelly was there everyday constantly asking me questions and making me ask him questions and he even came to my hotel a few minutes before I was about to leave, just to say good bye, good luck, and that if he was in my area of Florida he might check me up. Dr. Kelly is a down to earth guy who is very understanding to his patients. I got out of the surgery 4 days of good care, great hard working nurses that don't speak English but they know what they are doing. All the Doctors I saw speak very good English, and if you need a translator or go between there is a very nice woman named Trish who will pretty much bend over backwards for you no matter if you ask for it or not. Going to Tijuana was very scary but from the moment you get there you meet this nice man named Ricardo who is very lively and animated, he is the driver. He showed me and my companion around Tijuana before going to the hospital, my impression of the hospital is mixed, yes its a little small, but it is very clean and very nice especially compared to some of these clinics that some people go too. I also had my final leak test performed at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana, another hospital Dr. Kelly is connected with and I really liked that place, probably out of most people's price range but I was impressed. I stayed at this nice hotel called the Baja Inn that has great Mexican food which I have taken pictures of, but I wasn't hungry just would have liked to get a taste. I would really like to go to Tijuana one day when I get better, the place is covered with great food everywhere from fresh sliced up fruit, and freshly grilled steak tacos. I will post my Tijuana pictures in my profile some where and maybe even a blog, but you should get a look at them to get an idea for yourself.:glare:

Yes! Dr. Kelly is wonderful! It's nice to hear that you had such a good experience! Surgery is scary and not fun! I'm so happy to hear that you were made confortable. Congratulations on having surgery! Dr. Kelly's team including Trish and Ricardo are great too! Keep us posted on your weight loss and congratulations!

I had Surgery on Sept. 23rd with Dr. Ramos Kelly in Tijuana...It was a great experience - as of today I am down 15 pounds already...Dr. Ramos Kelly took extra care to remove all of the fundus so I don't have any hunger pains! Also, he hid my inscision in my belly button, so no one will ever say, " What are all those scars from?!?" (no extra charge)! Feel free to Contact me if you want more info...I am very, very happy with my surgery!!! I'm busy enjoying life so its better to email me at: 2MyNewLife@gmail.com

Hello I am back from Tijuana 4 days post op and very tired it is 3:00 am right now. I will tell you as much as I can right now, but if you have any questions please ask more I would like to help many people with their journey. I actually had surgery with a better surgeon named Dr. Ramos Kelly, I liked both Lopez and Kelly but early on I was told that Kelly was not going to be an option. Kelly last minute about a week before surgery became an option, I jumped on the opportunity and I am so grate full for it. If you compare the way he performs the procedures compared to how American doctors do it, you will see the exact same method. He has great bed side manner, he was very caring, and he put my nerves away very quickly by going over everything with his calm and cool confidence. I remember researching doctors for years on several sites, and I always see people posting that their doctors would see them for 10 minutes before the surgery and that would be it. Dr. Kelly was there everyday constantly asking me questions and making me ask him questions and he even came to my hotel a few minutes before I was about to leave, just to say good bye, good luck, and that if he was in my area of Florida he might check me up. Dr. Kelly is a down to earth guy who is very understanding to his patients. I got out of the surgery 4 days of good care, great hard working nurses that don't speak English but they know what they are doing. All the Doctors I saw speak very good English, and if you need a translator or go between there is a very nice woman named Trish who will pretty much bend over backwards for you no matter if you ask for it or not. Going to Tijuana was very scary but from the moment you get there you meet this nice man named Ricardo who is very lively and animated, he is the driver. He showed me and my companion around Tijuana before going to the hospital, my impression of the hospital is mixed, yes its a little small, but it is very clean and very nice especially compared to some of these clinics that some people go too. I also had my final leak test performed at Hospital Angeles in Tijuana, another hospital Dr. Kelly is connected with and I really liked that place, probably out of most people's price range but I was impressed. I stayed at this nice hotel called the Baja Inn that has great Mexican food which I have taken pictures of, but I wasn't hungry just would have liked to get a taste. I would really like to go to Tijuana one day when I get better, the place is covered with great food everywhere from fresh sliced up fruit, and freshly grilled steak tacos. I will post my Tijuana pictures in my profile some where and maybe even a blog, but you should get a look at them to get an idea for yourself.:glare:

I just found out I am having my surgery with Dr. Kelly on November 19th so I am glad to hear you had a great experience with him. I am getting nervous and excited at the same time.

ADokes

Nothing to worry about, you will be fine.

Thanks that is good hear. Did you fly back home after surgery? How was the flight? Have any advice that you would give methat you learned from your experience?

Thanks,

Adokes

There's nothing to learn, it is scary to have major surgery especially in a place you are not familiar with. Of course I flew back home after surgery, I wasn't going to walk back to Florida but the major thing to get over is the mental problem of having surgery, and the unknowns. Mind over matter, you will be fine.