Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my 3 day Liquid Diet Tomm, and Surgery Wed eek!!

I am a bit nervous and excited for my surgery on Wed.

I am a bit worried I am not going to be able to do this liquid diet. Any suggestions on how to get through this for next three days?

Tonight I had what felt like a last meal.

Any words of advice on anything for my upcoming surgery would be appreciated. I fly out of Calgary Wed morning to Mexico, and Surgery the same afternoon.

Hi momoftwo! :frown1:

I just started liquids yesterday - I have to go until Friday when I have my surgery! It takes a lot of mental strength, but I guess for me, not doing it isn't an answer. I am having a kind of emotional night because I would normally be hanging out with friends or at home and having great food, and now tonight I can't. It's making me feel emotions that I can normally ignore with food. :blink: But, that being said, I still feel strong and encouraged - after all, it's only a few more days, right? I guess when I get a craving for real food, I just shift my brain back to the surgery and the fact that I have to make the right choices to get healthy again. I woke up this morning and celebrated the fact that I made it through the first day with no cheating. I'll do the same tomorrow...focusing on the positive and using self-encouragement to build myself up. I don't know if this helps or not, but maybe I'm typing this to help myself feel better too. Lol. Good luck, and if you want to be sleeve sisters, let me know! :) I love having this community of support - I would feel lost without everyone here! Good luck!!!

Andrea

I live in Green Bay, WI and am having the surgery done here with Dr. Kemmerling at Aurora Hospital. I've never had a major procedure done before (just wisdom teeth out when I was in high school) and so I'm a little nervous about that, but know that this is the right choice for me. Huge history of diabetes, heart problems in the family, and just need to feel like myself again! What are your goals for the surgery? How much do you want to lose?

Im considered a light weight. I need to loose between 50-60 pounds. However been struggling for about 10years with my weight and when I had my children it became tougher to loose the weight.

I have had surgery before (wisdom teeth, gallbladder, appendix and even a kidney removed) So I am fine with the surgery part, I am actually looking forward to the long needed rest from my busy life lol, although, I am a bit nervous to be traveling to Mexico and only one of my friends knows where and what I am doing, I cant tell my family, they would think I was crazy. Its good to have people to chat to on here.

I am from Alberta.

I get it...I'm actually quite excited about missing work for a few weeks. It will be nice to relax! Even if it is while recovering... I am lucky in that my family is quite supportive. I've even told a few people at work and most of my friends, so I feel very supported. Rely on us if you don't have people you can talk to in person! I feel like people don't always get it right away, but I've been trying to explain to people how I came to this decision, and most all of them are on board now...As far as my goals go, if I lose the 90 that I listed, I'll be a tiny version of myself. Lol. I would be completely thrilled losing 60 or so...so we're kind of on the same page, although I have a little farther to go than you. :frown1: What's your biggest fear/concern with all of this?

Yeah its tough when I cant tell anyone. I guess I am just worried about not being able to eat and hoping I wont still be hungry and crave foods like I do now. I have read so many postings on this site so its great to hear different stories, and i am also worried about the throwing up, I dont want to have any embarrsing moments.

Already, I have a problem with not telling my friends/family. My Parents are having an anniversary party BBQ one week when I get back, I wont be able to eat anything, so I may just say i am sick. Any other ideas let me know lol.

Well I just finished my last yummy snack and after midnight will be on the liquid diet, however, I notice you are on yours for a week, I am only on mine for 3 days so I should not be to upset about it lol.

My opinion if you can't tell them the truth is to tell a version of the truth. Lol. Just tell them that your stomach has been bugging you...lol...not that far off, right? I am running in to that this week - I forgot that I was going to be on liquids and told a friend I would do brunch with her tomorrow. Luckily, she knows about the surgery and said she would just come over to my place so we could chat. I was supposed to have a luncheon with co-workers on Weds at one of my favorite restaurants - I just told my boss I wasn't going to go (it wasn't a mandatory thing...) I know that I wouldn't cheat, but why torture myself if I don't have to? BTW, you will be just fine for three days! The first day might be the toughest, but if you just tell yourself that you have to do it, and there's an end in sight, then you'll be fine. I could easily do one more day of this. 5 more is going to be a bit of a challenge, but I'll make it. :frown1: There's an end in sight. :blink: