Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florida Sleevers!

From Central Florida. Sleeved 12/28/2011 and doing great so far. First month down, many more to go! :)

Hello fellow floridians....

I live in Coconut Creek, Fl, ( north of fort lauderdale) I was sleeved Jan 24 2012 by Dr. Wizman in Margate Fl. and i'm already 10 lbs done!!!

Hello fellow floridians....

I live in Coconut Creek, Fl, ( north of fort lauderdale) I was sleeved Jan 24 2012 by Dr. Wizman in Margate Fl. and i'm already 10 lbs done!!!

Hi Floridians!!

I live in central Florida. I was sleeved on Feb 13 2012. I have currently lost 22 lbs. But the last 5 days I have only lost 1 lbs. I am in need of some encouragement and some ideas on what i could do to get my weight loss going quicker. :)

Hi Floridians!!

I live in central Florida. I was sleeved on Feb 13 2012. I have currently lost 22 lbs. But the last 5 days I have only lost 1 lbs. I am in need of some encouragement and some ideas on what i could do to get my weight loss going quicker. :)

Congratulations on getting sleeved and the weight loss!

I started this thread over a year ago and unfortunately haven't been big participant on the boards over that time. I guess life gets back to normal at some point. I did want to respond to your post, though. The best thing I can say is don't obsess over your weight loss (or lack thereof). You are going to hit plateaus every so often - don't get discouraged, it's normal. You'll also find that as time goes on, these plateaus will last longer. In fact it's quite common to have your first one about a month out from surgery. You'll weigh yourself every day and the scale won't move - or in fact it may go back up a few pounds. It's disappointing - but it won't last. Just think of it this way - you're not eating as much as you used to - your weight can't possibly stay where you're at. Over the past year and few months, I've had plateaus that lasted anywhere from a few days to over two weeks. During that time, though, I've lost over 170 pounds. That's more than I thought I would lose (in fact more than I'd prefer). It's quite exciting to say you're no longer morbidly obese, then no longer obese, then no longer even "overweight".

Your sleeve will work - just keep in mind it's going to take time. If you feel you need to speed things up, you could always hit the gym (I didn't), although you've just had your surgery and should probably wait a few weeks. Your doctor can tell you when it's safe for you to do that. Once you're able to eat solid/normal foods again, eating the right things will also help. I was a huge carb fiend pre-surgery, and after the surgery it seems all I want is Protein now. I guess it's because I can only eat so much, I prefer to eat the things that count. (Plus the fact that breads/pasta fill me up after just a few bites).

Again, congrats and best of luck to you!

Bumblestitch, Thanks for checking in with us! I'm thrilled to read your post, especially as our stats are very similar! :)

41 M Boca Raton Sleeved 11/17/11 down 111lbs Dr. Jeremy Eckstein of Hollywood Bariatric .Biggest regret of my life....NOT DOING IT SOOONER......!

I don't have a date yet, just finished 3 of my 6 month nutritionist stuff. I am using Dr. Keith Kim in Celebration, Fl. Has anyone been sleeved by him ?

Hi Stephen, I am having mine on May 30th with Dr Bass and after doing my research, I found some sanctions for him. Any advice. I am also a patient of the Hollywood Bariatrics....

From my personal experience and I may be bias. I say Dr.Jeremy Eckstein hands down..If you can request Dr. Adam Blumberg for anestesia.Any questions feel fre to ask. Where are you located ?

Hi everyone I am in Daytona and had mine done April 25th at Florida Memorial Hospital Daytona. Dr. Birkedal was my surgeon and he is awesome. I have lost 12 pounds in the past two weeks which kinda is depressing since almost everyone on here lost so much more, but its a start. I am on the puree portion of my journey now and I can't wait to get to soft foods, I am sick of broth and Soup and Jello has never been a favorite of mine. Any suggestions for the first real food when I get there?

Hi everyone I am in Daytona and had mine done April 25th at Florida Memorial Hospital Daytona. Dr. Birkedal was my surgeon and he is awesome. I have lost 12 pounds in the past two weeks which kinda is depressing since almost everyone on here lost so much more, but its a start. I am on the puree portion of my journey now and I can't wait to get to soft foods, I am sick of broth and Soup and Jello has never been a favorite of mine. Any suggestions for the first real food when I get there?

Hi DebraLea

Hang in there – it really gets better. It will be 2 years for me in July and all is good. The recovery process is slow and your body really takes over and controls what you can have and cannot have. My biggest problem was and still is my mind still thinks that I need to fill my plate and eat – but my stomach puts a stop to it fast.

Just start eating new things slow – a bit at a time and see how your stomach reacts to it. Start eating things like mash potatoes, finely mushed ground beef, eggs….

I was very lucky with little or no side effects – never lost a meal (up chuck) never lost any hair…

I keep a log of my weight loss and file it in every Monday – I averaged ~ 2 lbs a week with the biggest loss being the 2 week pre diet. I started worrying that I was losing too much weight (wife was worried) but as I said – the body knows best – and after ~ 1 year I stabilized. Now I can eat anything I want and stay between 85 – 90 lbs lost.

Any questions – I would be glade to help

Lou

Hi Lou thanks for the help. I plan on using a saucer for my plater from now on. Little scared of real food which is what the doctor put me on this week. Even worse I only lost two punds this week and on the same foods as since the beginning.