Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florida Sleevers!

Thanks tdov and WOW congrats on your amazing and continued success!!! That's awesome! Im Actually going for my full day pre-op today!!

Good luck JG407. Best wishes on your journey. :D

Deb

Hi Everyone!! I'm in Orlando (well Oviedo) and i'm going to Dr. Kim at Celebration for my surgery on 5/27/11 and i'm SO excited (and a little scared)!!

GO SKINNY FLORIDIANS!!!

hey JG I am going to Dr.Kim also and I live in Oviedo, i do not have a date yet still have 1 month left on the 6 month Nut classes, I have lost 50lbs pre-op.

:)

Hey ant! Wow, 50 pre-op, how amazing is that??? Congrats!!! I bet that last month is going to fly by!! Good luck!!

There seems to be quite a few Floridians on the boards here - this might be a good place to keep in touch.

I haven't really formally introduced myself yet - I'm 33, male, been overweight my entire life. I'm still on the fence about getting the surgery but it is very tempting as my my insurance does cover most of the procedure. I'm also a big wimp and have never had surgery so that's kinda scary. I watched a VSG procedure video today - bad plan.

Since my insurance does cover the procedure, I won't be going to Mexico. Has anyone used a doctor in Florida? I'm looking at Dr. Domkowski in Sebastian but I really can't find any first-hand reports about him or his practice online - good or bad. In fact I can't find too many details for any doctors in the Central Florida area.

I'm going to Dr D as well. My best friend is an ER nurse at Sebastian Hospital and raves about the way Dr D treats his patients if/when they come into the ER for anything. According to her, he's always there asap and takes excellent care of the patients. Personally, I love his bedside manner and his cautious nature. I'm higher risk than most because of some health complications I've had this year and he's been very thorough about making sure we minimize the risks to me during surgery. I feel like I'm in good hands. My surgery is set for Aug 30, so I'll let you know afterwards how it went. :)

I'm going to Dr D as well. My best friend is an ER nurse at Sebastian Hospital and raves about the way Dr D treats his patients if/when they come into the ER for anything. According to her, he's always there asap and takes excellent care of the patients. Personally, I love his bedside manner and his cautious nature. I'm higher risk than most because of some health complications I've had this year and he's been very thorough about making sure we minimize the risks to me during surgery. I feel like I'm in good hands. My surgery is set for Aug 30, so I'll let you know afterwards how it went. :)

Good luck keep me posted- I'm hopefully going Nov 22 for my sleeve- you will be eating Turkey- I will be sipping broth :)

Hey there, we're stationed in the NW panhandle area of Florida. I had my revision at a military hospital so I can't help you there.

But, if you haven't already checked out Dr. Althar in Milton, he is amazing ! ! ! I almost used him for my revision, but he had never removed a band. I needed someone with revision experience as my band screwed the pooch and destroyed my stomach tissue.

I don't know if you'd be willing to travel up here, but, he has a fabulous rep, great stats, and his office staff is top notch. I spoke with them for well over a month during my research phase.

If you need anything, please feel free to contact me.

Get off the stinkin' fence ! ! ! Seriously, you won't regret it, and believe me if I can do this, anyone can ! ! ! I'm living proof this works, and transforms your life. . .

Hi, I'm in Crestview, FL! Small world!!! I am scheduled with Aceves Oct. 10, never heard of Althar. Is he still practicing here? Do you know what his VSG self pay price was?

Hi, I'm in Crestview, FL! Small world!!! I am scheduled with Aceves Oct. 10, never heard of Althar. Is he still practicing here? Do you know what his VSG self pay price was?

From my understanding, he is no longer in practice.

Hi There, I had a band to sleeve revision done by Dr. D. on the 19th of April this year. He was wonderful. Gentle, caring and very cautious. I had one night in the hospital, and after a week, I felt really good. You will have a drain for a week, because he believes in them, but there was really no pain involved with it, it was just annoying. Once he took it out, I felt I could do anything. He's a great doctor. You'll see. Good luck.

Hi Everyone~

I am in Boca Raton, Florida near Deerfield Beach.. I was sleeved July 27, 2011- and losing daily! Thank Goodness.. I am so grateful for this site and the support received.. :D

I live in Central Florida and had my sleeve done in Orlando at the Celebration Center. It is the only Center of Excellence in Bariatrics in the state. Dr. Keith Kim was highly recommended to me by some surgeons in Miami. Look him up...they have a website. Good luck, and if you have any questions, please hit me up.

The Flagler Hospital Bariatric Surgery Center and US Bariatrics is a Center of Excellence also. Dr. Robert Marema was my surgeon and was the mentor of Dr. Kim. Surgery was In St. Augustine but all other appointments and post op visits are at their office in Orlando. We love St. Augustine and had a mini vacation before and after my surgery. Here are the websites for Us Bariatrics and Flagler Hospital

http://www.usbariatric.com/ http://www.flaglerhospitalweightloss.com/

Diamondatrix, aside from Dr. Marema, mentioned on the post before me, there are 5 more surgeons of Excellence in the Jacksonville area. Also St. Luke's Hospital in Jacksonville is a Hospital of Excellence and there are probably more.

Florabama, so happy to see you around here!!!!! Hope you are recovering nicely!

Diamondatrix, aside from Dr. Marema, mentioned on the post before me, there are 5 more surgeons of Excellence in the Jacksonville area. Also St. Luke's Hospital in Jacksonville is a Hospital of Excellence and there are probably more.

Florabama, so happy to see you around here!!!!! Hope you are recovering nicely!

Hey there. Still pretty tired, don't have enough energy to do my walk. I just take longer than the average patient to recover. I am alway challenged by my blood levels with any surgery, trauma or serious sickness. I will get there. Following my liquid diet and trying to get my fluids in. How are you doing?