Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florida Sleevers!

There seems to be quite a few Floridians on the boards here - this might be a good place to keep in touch.

I haven't really formally introduced myself yet - I'm 33, male, been overweight my entire life. I'm still on the fence about getting the surgery but it is very tempting as my my insurance does cover most of the procedure. I'm also a big wimp and have never had surgery so that's kinda scary. I watched a VSG procedure video today - bad plan.

Since my insurance does cover the procedure, I won't be going to Mexico. Has anyone used a doctor in Florida? I'm looking at Dr. Domkowski in Sebastian but I really can't find any first-hand reports about him or his practice online - good or bad. In fact I can't find too many details for any doctors in the Central Florida area.

Howdy!

Islamorada here, sleeved in January - loving every second of it so far! All I can tell ya is DO IT!!! You really won't regret it, promise!!

About a surgeon - I was sleeved in Mexico by Aceves but a dear friend of mine was sleeved in March by Enrique Whitwell in Miami. We researched him extensively together. He's one of the best in the area, without a doubt. I would have gone to him myself had my insurance paid for it. I know you are in Melbourne but to me, a trip to Miami or any comparable distance would be well, well worth it for a top gun surgeon...!

Cheers and Good Luck!!

C

Hi

I live in central Florida and was sleeved 2 months ago Saturday. I used Dr. Radulescu ? office downtown Orlando and ORMC. Both were great. Dr R is fantastic. I have been reading this board for some time now and had an idea what to expect after surgery like gas and ?feel like a kick in the stomach? I had neither. My only pain was when I came to in recovery and that only lasted a bit. The rest of my hospital stay was just uncomfortable. I went in on a Wednesday and was slated to go home on Friday ? but had a minor set back when I walked around the floor 3 times and my heart beat went up ? so I was released on Saturday.

Dr R. is great. He is over precautious which is good. He put me through many test/labs to make sure all was ok and I had to have a sleep study?.

I definitely would recommend him and his office staff?

Lou

Hey there, we're stationed in the NW panhandle area of Florida. I had my revision at a military hospital so I can't help you there.

But, if you haven't already checked out Dr. Althar in Milton, he is amazing ! ! ! I almost used him for my revision, but he had never removed a band. I needed someone with revision experience as my band screwed the pooch and destroyed my stomach tissue.

I don't know if you'd be willing to travel up here, but, he has a fabulous rep, great stats, and his office staff is top notch. I spoke with them for well over a month during my research phase.

If you need anything, please feel free to contact me.

Get off the stinkin' fence ! ! ! Seriously, you won't regret it, and believe me if I can do this, anyone can ! ! ! I'm living proof this works, and transforms your life. . .

Yes, Thanks Rommie :biggrin2:

I live in Tamarac, FL (west of Ft Lauderdale). Looking into scheduling surgery soon after months of researching and reading. I have to say that finding this forum has been great. People going thru similar issues/situations, so many successfull stories, lots of info..............the opportunity to share all of it!!

About me: Currently 245lb (not for long), 5'7'' and 36 y/o next Monday.

You all have a great weekend!!

Happy Birthday Carolina!

I'm Christina 38. I live in Miami/Homestead area. I love all the support I get from everyone here. When I start to get a little scared I turn to the boards and all of you to lift my sprits. Thank you to everyone....Even to the ones who attact people..lol:001_tongue:

I usually think time goes by so fast. Now that I have my surgery date it seems to dragging on and on. I would have scheduled my surgery for earlier but I have a cruise scheduled for mid-September. Oh well, it will come soon enough I guess.

I live in Central Florida and had my sleeve done in Orlando at the Celebration Center. It is the only Center of Excellence in Bariatrics in the state. Dr. Keith Kim was highly recommended to me by some surgeons in Miami. Look him up...they have a website. Good luck, and if you have any questions, please hit me up.

I'm in Central Florida. Having Surgery with Dr Keith Kim at Celebration Health. They have a great program here but in may be a bit of a trip from Sebastian. Good Luck on you Quest.< /p>

I am in Miami, Florida and I had my sleeve with Dr. Nestor de la Cruz-Munoz at the university of miami. He is amazing. His staff is wonderful. Here is the link if you are interested: Surgical weight loss Institute |

Thank you. It was a good day wiht the family. We went out to dinner and cake of course. Today i started a diet so i can loose a few lbs and show my PCP that I'm in this for real.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will pray for you (not that you need it but for a speedy recovery). Everything will be fine and before you know it will be out on the town looking fabulous. Let me know how you are doing when you get a chance.

BIG HUG........................

Jacksonville Florida here.. I was sleeve in May by Dr. Webb. I don't regret my decision in the least. The only advise I can give is to just do it.

Hi!

My name is Kim and my surgery date is 8/26. I'm so excited. I'm a self payer as I did not want to wait the 6 months of jumping through hoops for Aetna to pay half. I'm going to Dr. Althar in Pensacola/Pace area. You can go to his website at weightlosssurgerycenterofnorthwestflorida.com. So far, I'm very pleased with the process and Dr. Althar and his staff. I will keep you posted!