Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK. so I went to the nutritionist last week -- and besides having lost 29 pds since surgery on June 29th he was upset about my lack of Protein shakes.

To be honest, I have purchased muscle milk, Iso-Pure, Monster Milk, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, pure Protein, pure whey protein stack and a bunch of others and they all taste like medicine! I hate them, hate them, hate them. Now, did I mention that I hate them?

I don't mind eating a Protein Bar every now and again but my NUT said they have saturated fat which is bad for your arteries. So, I don't know what to do. I do try to have a protein at every meal. I eat lots of cheese, yogurt, Beans.. BUT, even prior to surgery I never really ate much protein (I wasn't a vegetarian) but I also didn't have a protein daily and my BLOOD COUNT was always great. The only thing I was ever deficient on was Vitamin D. My Calcium was great (even with lack of milk and yogurt in my diet) and I never took a Vitamin to save my life. I am just frustrated!! ;)

The only problem with that is if I don't like it.. I have 17 of them sitting in my house. :(

I drink premium nutrition Protein drinks. I get them at costco 18 for about $25. They have 30 gms of Protein and 170 calories. They taste good to me. I also don't like any of the ones you listed. If you haven't tried it, try it you might like it ;)

I like the Premier one's too. You might also try adding sugar free Torani Syrup to the shakes. This gives you some variety. Also if you can handle cold things now.. a quick zip in the blender with ice makes for a nice chocolate shake feel. Either way if the Protein Shakes are not your thing it sounds like your Nutritionist is concerned that you will get the alotted Protein each day. If you can find other ways to get your protein power to you. A lot of people get the unflavored protein and add it to everything else. ;)

I bought the BSN LEAN DESSERT range - these taste more like a milk shake than a Protein drink....I've not tried the banana based flavours as I don't really like bananas, but the choc fudge and cinnamon bun ones are lush!!

How about trying to sell the ones you don't like on Ebay? It might be worth getting something for them even if you don't get it all back.

I have been drinking the nectar brand Protein drinks. They are fruit flavored. So far, my favorite is the cherry. It tastes like kool-aid, but I have to Water it down a bit as it is strong. Also, my nutritionist said I could add a scoop of powdered milk to my milk or milk drinks to up the protein since I don't like so many of the others. btw. some others said you can get sample sizes of the Nectar brand online.

Where do you get these?

I would sell on ebay but once you open one of those GIANT tubs -- I feel like people would not think it is hygenic. You know? So, right now my kids are using them as stools. :sad0:

I bought the BSN LEAN DESSERT range - these taste more like a milk shake than a Protein drink....I've not tried the banana based flavours as I don't really like bananas, but the choc fudge and cinnamon bun ones are lush!!

How about trying to sell the ones you don't like on Ebay? It might be worth getting something for them even if you don't get it all back.

really? do you like them? I am going to research it and see.. :sad0: thanks!

I have been drinking the nectar brand Protein drinks. They are fruit flavored. So far, my favorite is the cherry. It tastes like kool-aid, but I have to Water it down a bit as it is strong. Also, my nutritionist said I could add a scoop of powdered milk to my milk or milk drinks to up the Protein since I don't like so many of the others. btw. some others said you can get sample sizes of the nectar brand online.

Do you know if they sell samples?

I also love the BSN Lean Desserts. I don't like any others. I especially like the banana nut bread flavor, you can see the nutmeg in it.

I have also combined flavors- like the chocolate fudge with the banana cream pie.

Lori--

I understand that it's difficult to find a Protein shake that you like; however, you mention you NEVER did this or that before surgery BUT you knew that by choosing this surgery you'd be having to change a lot of habits. Your blood count may have been great before surgery but remember your anatomy is completely different now.

It is crucial that you get the Protein in that you need! Your NUT is right about the Protein Bars. They are also very high in calories in comparison to the shakes.

I don't mean to sound harsh but it really is important that we get our protein in without all the empty calories. Trust me my NUT scolded me for not taking in enough H2O and it was that slap on the hand that has made me refocus.

May I suggest... Vitalady.com you can get plenty of samples before committing to a large tub of a Protein powder.

Good luck and let's keep moving forward...WE can do this!

Lovingly,

monica:001_tongue:

Hi, I was just going to say I found Vitalady.com - Protein supplements, Vitamins & Minerals and Safe Snacks! where I can get samples... woohoo!!

So, I am going to try the nectar and the bsn lean desserts. Any others you all particularly like???

Why not eat Atkins day break bars, they are Protein rich and taste nice. I also eat loads of chicken and steak. Why does it have to be liquid? I don't believe all this stuff about saturated fat. I have been eating this way with 2 eggs a day for over a year and I feel fine and have no signs of fatty deposits. I am defo going to get a cholestorol test and post my results.

Atkins Position on Saturated Fat

Jane x

PS Check out the dietry requirements in France, its completely different according to JudyM!!!

Edited by Jane_J