Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 months out - with photos (you didn't expect there NOT to be pictures)

Whew ! ! ! Where has the time gone? ? ? It's hard to believe that this time last year I was still recovering from my revision, waiting for my husband's return from Afghanistan and gearing up for my son to start school.

Life is great, and I am just living. Y'all have probably noticed I'm really not around as much, and I have no excuse other than I am just living, and I kind of feel like I've put out enough information out here that can sifted through. BUT, I log on once or twice a day, check my messages, and check in with everyone.

For anyone that has questions, feel free to message me. Especially if you ask me a question in a topic started and I don't reply, it's because that topic gets lost and I don't see it.

Weight wise, I'm doing great with maintenance. I'm still clucking along at 120-125 on any given day. I do bloat up around my ovulation and period weeks. It's probably because I carb load those weeks, but I lose it and I'm not sweating a couple of pounds here and there.

I'm still eating about 6 times a day. Protein focused meals for 4-5 of those meals, and one meal of veggies usually. It's what is working for me. I feel amazing, and couldn't be happier.

For those of you freaking out about surgery, or wondering "hmm, should I do this?" just do it, stop freaking out, and let go ! ! ! I never miss huge portions, I am still never hungry, and I live a very social, active life. Nothing stops me and nothing holds me back. I only wish everyone that is considering this surgery could believe me when I tell them just how "normal" my life is day in and day out.

I get asked a lot "what do you eat, how much do you eat?"

This is lunch from yesterday.

Skirt steak fajita meat

rice, Beans, sauteed onions with a bunch of queso poured all over it, and I ate a total of 3 tortilla chips with salsa, guac and queso.

I did eat 6 more onions from the fajitas that I didn't picture here.

40504_455870596417_744801417_6554284_2004123_n.jpg

So, you can all see that I eat literally anything and everything I want. I was not stuffed, or over full, but satisfied. It took me 30 minutes to eat what is on the plate. I ate 2 chips with salsa and queso before my meal was served, and took a few sips of Water because the salsa was spicy and salty.

For those not on my friend's list, here is the before and afters.

Me and the mister pre-op 270lbs, size 22/24W

24200_359686426417_744801417_5178200_5607898_n.jpg

After, Today at 121lbs, size 3/4

23248_744801417_9927_n.jpg

It's a beautiful ride, get in, hang on tight, and start living the life we were meant to live ! ! !

Edited by Tiffykins

You always look great and you always have great information to share with everyone. I started lurking on this site right around the time you had your surgery, and the entire time I spent considering the sleeve you were a big inspiration. Thank you for coming back and updating everyone on your progress even though you're out living your life now.

Really - THANK YOU!

~Cheri

WOW! I can't wait to look & LIVE like that! I've literally spent ALL day on here looking & reading your posts! Thanks for all the info & you've excited me. I'm just praying it all goes thru & I can get started with a new & improved life SOON! :thumbup1:

The story of your journey and progress is truly amazing! I feel so inspired from reading your story. You also answered some of the questions that I have had about post procedure eating.

Continued success ... you look fantastic.

Thank you so much for sharing.

You just made my day. I get energized after reading your posts and comments. I am all ready for Aug 16th. Pray for me that all goes well and I can lead a normal healthy and blessed life.

Thanks

Wow, how amazing is that. You look great! Thanks for all the post you do on this site. I have learned so much by reading your post.

Great Job!!!!!!:thumbup1:

Tiffykins,

Girl, you are so adorable! I'm so happy that you have such a healthy body to enjoy for the rest of your life.

Don't forget about us! :thumbup1:

You look great and I cannot wait until I also look that good. Thanks for all the info and the time you spend giving us the answers we need.

Tiffy, you are just the poster girl for VSG! Thanks for being such an inspiration to the rest of us!

I hope you know how inspirational you are to all of us here! Your success is amazing and it truly inspires me to follow right in your footsteps. . .LOL! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and provide hope to all of us waiting for our day!

Thanks so much for sharing -- you are truly an inspiration to all of us starting on this journey! You look terrific and soooo happy!!

I am so jealous and can not wait till I can get my sleeve. I love the photos and the information you provide. It keeps me from running away scared since I have to wait so long for the surgery.

Lily

Tiff, as always, you look great!

Tiffy is right. At 15 months post op, I rarely remember I had surgery. I eat anything I want all the time, and maintain easily without gaining.

It's like life was meant to be lived all along and I wish I had done this years ago so I had more years to enjoy being thin and feeling normal.