Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery 9/15/14. I'll be 45 on 11/11. I just want to be healthy! I'm down 22 pounds in 6 weeks. Slow and steady wins the race! ????

Im 48. I was sleeved on 11/13 and I've lost 23 lbs since.

Welcome to the best years of your life! I will be 48 in January and I have been sleeved for 2 years now. It's been the best decision I ever made. I wouldn't change a thing. There's been challenges along the way and still more to come but I'd do it again in a heart beat!

I had gastric bypass jan 21/14. I was 40 at the time. My life today is completely different than it was before.

I am still single as I was for 15 years before but am now considering dating again.

I have energy again! I average about 6000-9000 steps a day on my fitbit. Preop I was lucky to get 2000-3000 a day.

I have self esteem again. I lost it for many years.

My stats.

Highest weight 250lbs August 2013

Surgery weight 210lbs January 2014

Current weight 145lbs.

Largest pant size 24

Current pant size 5/6

I can share clothes with my 16yo daughter. I went paint balling with my family and had a blast.

All in all surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself. I am living life again and loving it.

post-199634-14196114428894_thumb.jpg

You look awesome!!!

My 40's are fantastic. I never have felt this happy and relaxed in life. I'm almost to my surgery goal. I'm jogging in 10k's , snowshoeing and just overall enjoying the hell out of life. Trying to experience so many things that I let myself miss out on. So bring on the 50's !

@@jenn1 congrats on all your success! You are amazing! I have my surgery date on January 22nd. Getting inspired by people like you! I want to do a 5k! I want to ski again! I want to ride a roller coaster again! I want to ride horses again! So much I want to do! 2015 will be my year. I want to make up for all those years I stayed at home or stood on the side lines. :)

@@Eurogirl10

This will be you're year. So many amazing things to look forward to. Many things to Celebrate on the way to you're goal. Hope you bounce back quickly from surgery.

Wishing you the best,

Jenn

@@jenn1 congrats on all your success! You are amazing! I have my surgery date on January 22nd. Getting inspired by people like you! I want to do a 5k! I want to ski again! I want to ride a roller coaster again! I want to ride horses again! So much I want to do! 2015 will be my year. I want to make up for all those years I stayed at home or stood on the side lines. :)

You can and will. I did two 5ks my first year post op. 40 and beyond really does just keep getting better.

I turned 43 in September, I was put on blood pressure meds the same month and started my VGS journey the next month. Had surgery a few days ago. January 20th. I have been married to an amazing man for 5 years now and we blended our families and have 4 wonderful children. When I decided to do this, I made the decision that this will be my best year ever. I had my surgery, enrolled back in school and have taken steps to change my financial situation. I am beyond excited about beginning my life again.

Hi all - I'm 46, will be 47 in another 6 weeks...I have been married for almost 24 years and have three kids (22,18, 16). I'm pre-op in my second month of a six month supervised diet. It's so nice to read all the comments from people who have been successful!! Very inspiring!!

I'm 44 and a stay at home grandma. I watch 4 grand babies. A 10 month old and her3yr. sister . And 2yr. And his 3yr. Brother. Handful. I'm happy I've lost weight just to keep up with these babys. I pray everyday for strength.

Popping in to say "hi" to the 40's group. It's taken me a while to get here, but I think I'm finally in the right place in my brain to be successful with this surgery! I don't have a surgery date yet, but my final paperwork has been submitted to insurance so, fingers crossed, it's only a matter of time! I'm aiming for May 10th because that day is also my birthday. What a better way to hit 47 than to begin a new chapter in my life?!

Popping in to say "hi" to the 40's group. It's taken me a while to get here, but I think I'm finally in the right place in my brain to be successful with this surgery! I don't have a surgery date yet, but my final paperwork has been submitted to insurance so, fingers crossed, it's only a matter of time! I'm aiming for May 10th because that day is also my birthday. What a better way to hit 47 than to begin a new chapter in my life?!

Hope it all works out and you hit that May 10th date. Your life will be so much better.