Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OOooh my first 40's post (turned 40 three months ago)! Turning 40 was actually a big motivator for me to have VSG. Two years ago, I was embarrased by my size and I felt like I missed out on my "flirty 30s." I decided from that point on that I wanted to be "40 and fabulous." I am now a year out and down over 100 lbs. Today, I wore a size small blouse and size 4 pants. Fabulous is now an understatement. :D

OOooh my first 40's post (turned 40 three months ago)! Turning 40 was actually a big motivator for me to have VSG. Two years ago, I was embarrased by my size and I felt like I missed out on my "flirty 30s." I decided from that point on that I wanted to be "40 and fabulous." I am now a year out and down over 100 lbs. Today, I wore a size small blouse and size 4 pants. Fabulous is now an understatement. :D

Wow! Congratulations! Welcome to the 40's.

I'm 49 with three grown children, three grand chrildren, with one on way. I kicked diabetes and high colestoral since my surgery on December 4, 2013. I'm down 31 lbs and loving the energy that I have and new healthy life that my new sleeve has brought me. I am excited about what is to come over the next year.

Hi Everyone, some fabulous 40 stories on here. I turned 40 last June and we had a 70s dress up party and I felt like the biggest lump on my own Birthday. My surgery is in about 3 weeks and all your great stories are lifting me up. THANKS! I am hoping that my 40's are as energetic as my teens.

Hi Everyone, some fabulous 40 stories on here. I turned 40 last June and we had a 70s dress up party and I felt like the biggest lump on my own Birthday. My surgery is in about 3 weeks and all your great stories are lifting me up. THANKS! I am hoping that my 40's are as energetic as my teens.

40's are better than the teens! We don't have parents telling us no. Lol ;-)

Well this year I will be 43 and I am excited because this will be the first time in a long time that I will be under 250 in a long, long, long time. I would like to get these last 45 pounds off by September so I can be in onederland for my birthday. That would be awesome.

I'm 45 and ready to start this journey in May. I've lost 15 pounds since January 31 with my nutritional visits.

I just came across this awesome thread! I'm not 40 yet but will be in 5 months. I joined BP February this year 2014 looking to interact with people just like you! I started my journey in hopes of being sleeved well before my 40th birthday in January 2015. I'm done with all of the requirements and now I'm just waiting on insurance approval and surgery date! I am happily married to my supportive husband 17 years in September. We have 4 children. I am 5'0 -- 4'11 give or take, weighing the most I've ever been in my life! (I may share stats when I get my date) I suffered two major oji's in 9 years as well as weight gain comorbidities! I'm ready to be back in my right mind and enjoy the rest of our lives together at almost the same size as when we met:)

Edited by waitingtoexhale

I'm in my 40s and have made the decision to end the weight loss/weight gain insanity! Yay me! I do not want to face the health conditions associated with aging AND being overweight: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetic risk, joint problems, etc.

There were times when I felt I was getting too old for this option, but when I kept researching and found patients in their 60s, I thought it would be okay for me, too.

I've never been at a 'normal' weight as an adult. And dare I believe I will now find out?

I turned 42 last month and was hit with a stark realization: I'm only eight years younger than my father was when he died. He was also obese, and died at 50 from heart disease. I don't want history to repeat itself. I think since hitting my 40's I've grown up a lot; I was always the proverbial late bloomer. My weight hinders so much....I don't want to wake up one day and regret never finding the right guy, never doing the things I want to do but can't at this size. Lord willing, my 40's will be my Butterfly Decade- time to break out of this fat cocoon and fly :)

For my 45th birthday I am getting sleeved!!! I think it's going to be the best gift I've received in my entire life. My surgery is 7 days after my wedding anniversary and 3 days before my birthday!

For my 45th birthday I am getting sleeved!!! I think it's going to be the best gift I've received in my entire life. My surgery is 7 days after my wedding anniversary and 3 days before my birthday!

Good luck with your surgery and welcome to the sleeved life.

I am 46 and hope to be sleeved before Christmas :)

Well it is now getting close to my big day. I will be 43 in 25 days and I am 10 pounds from onederland. That would be the best birthday gift ever!!! Even if I don't make it the best part is I have not been this weight and size since I was in my early 20's. I have had people look at my pics and say I look young now.

post-181022-0-68776800-1409724873_thumb.jpg

So this is going to be a great birthday

You look great Mocha!! I can't wait until I'm in onederland as well. Surgery is 9/23