Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there and Hello! Just turned 41 in May. Married for twenty one years, this July, to the most wonderful, loving,caring,compassionate Man I could ever hope for.We have Three wonderful Children together and we share a beautiful step-daughter that has Blessed us with three Perfectly Wonderful Grandchildren. We are a part of a huge,loving,strong extended family and live a very Traditional Native American Lifestyle here on the Rez.I was sleeved on Feb.25th 2011 and am well on my way to a much healthier Me.I have lost 70 lbs so far and am starting to feel a nice difference in my own skin.I get here to the site every so often and enjoy reading the progress stories and similar experiences that others here are sharing.I wish all good things for everyone that comes here and my hope is that we all find our way through our Journeys safely and walk our paths to our futures in all good and healthy ways.... Peace and Beautiful Blessings to everyone.

WOW THAT IS AWESOME :) YAYYYYY

Hi everyone. I'm 46, will be married for 4 yrs to my wonderful hubby on July 7th. I will have my sleeve done on July 11th. I have 3 children, 26,25 and 7. I also have 4 grandchildren.

I'm so excited to finally put the fat me to rest. I want the next half of my life to be healthier and thinner. It's hard to keep up with a 7 yr old at 46 and you add fat to the mix, its really hard. LOL

Happy to meet everyone.

Congrats on your sleeve! Let us know how you are doing ;)

Looks like I am the old lady in this group. I am 49 years old, and faciing my half century mark in January. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 18 years. Between us, we have 3 successful adult children, and 8 grandchildren.

I had my sleeve done 2 weeks ago, and am thrilled to say that I have already lost 20 pounds! I can't say that I wish I had done this years ago, because this surgery wasn't available to me years ago. The VSG makes more sense to me than the other options.

Anyway, I feel like I "cheated" my children out of an active mother. I am not going to do the same to the grand kids! I am looking forward to playing with them as much as possible.

I totally feel you about not being as active for my kids when they were younger. Thank God for Sleevie Wonder :)

Hi everyone, I'm Lisa in northern California. I just turned 43 in May, have 6 kids (2 step, 3 bio, 1 adopted). I've been married for 19. Have my first grandbaby due next month!

I have a psych appointment this week, then hopefully, I'll be sent on to the case manager so I can get my surgery scheduled. I'm hoping to have it done in early August. I can't wait!

Hi Lisa! I am 43 too :) and originally from the bay area :). Congrats on your sleeve! You will LOVE IT!

Hello my birth certificate says I am 48, but my mind, doesn't think so. I have two great kids 23 & 25....recently divorced after 27 yrs of marriage. Husband turned 50 and lost his freaking mind.....but I digress.

It is very encouraging to see other 40 somethings being successful.

Sleeve 4 me...I saw you were quoting Joyce....I am a fanatic.....her program literally saved my life when I was going through my divorce....I have her teaching cd's and listen to her over and over.....Her encouragement and my ever growing faith in God is what gives me the strength to go and do this thing.

This isn't the twist I was expecting my life to take but I will continue to look for the treasure in my trials.......I am blessed to be able to finish my journey better than I started.

Many blessings to you all.

Me tooooo! I feel 30 :)

I LOVE JOYCE! I was physically, emotionally, verbally abused by my mother as a child and Joyce's books/teachings have helped me a great deal in the healing process. She has such a POWERFUL testimony, and GOD has used her mightily.

Girl, just remember our latter is going to be GREATER than our past....HUGS!

Wow! I am so inspired. Hope to fit back in mine by Christmas.

The BEST is yet to come :). I've been married 20 years this October. I have an 18 yr old son, and 13 yr old daughter. I'm hoping by next October to be able to actually fit back into my wedding dress, that would feel SO awesome!

I totally feel you about not being as active for my kids when they were younger. Thank God for Sleevie Wonder :)

"Sleevie Wonder" - I LOVE it!! :lol:

Awwww Punkin Head it's my old post sniff, sniff, it seems sooo long ago...Guess what??? I'm actually going to try it on hopefully this weekend 3 months ahead of schedule yippeee! And if it fits, I will post a picture yayyy! My dress was super trendy! It was 1990 and the puffy sleeve thing was very popular. Now I look at it and say what was I thinking LOL! I've been told by some of my daughters friends it looks like it's from one of the Disney movies.

"Sleevie Wonder" - I LOVE it!! :lol:

Me toooo! I got it from humpty dumpty, she's soooo funny! Now I use it all the time :)

Okay--cheating a little bit--am 39 currently, but will be 40 in Sept. Trying to get everything together to get sleeved by Dr. Aceves...Am married to a wonderful man (thin), and have the 3 most amazing children ever: 16, 10, and 9....am looking forward to spending my 40th birthday lighter and thinner than I am now!!! And looking forward to the next 40 years being better than the first 40 years!!!

I am just a month and change away from being 40 years old, and my BMI is even closer to being 40. Depending on what BMI scale I use, I have a BMI of 38 to 39.5 to 39.9/40. I've started the process to have a VSG. I have attended the initial seminar, found out it is covered by insurance and will attend my first consult with the surgeon next Monday. I am married to a wonderful guy for 17 years, and we have four children. I am enjoying reading about everyone's experiences on this board. I've been blogging and writing about my attempts to lose weight since 2006. I have a lot of written stuff but not much weight loss. :)

I'm Kristey and stone's throw away from 41. WOOT! Been married for 14 years and have a FABULOUS son who's barely five years old. (He starts kindergarten in a month...sniff, sniff...)

Having my sleeve done on Aug 24th. I cannot WAIT!!! Told the hubby that I want to be able to fit easily into a coach airline seat, so that when he takes me on some fabulous vacation for our 16th anniversary, I can be comfortable. LOL.

I'm 40, a first time Mom of an 11 month old and 5 days post op. Feeling amazing and looking forward to getting my healthy life back so I can have another baby :)

Hi everyone. I'll be 46 in December and have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 22 years (October). We have three adorable children, ages 20, 18 and 10. I'm being sleeved on July 25 and am so excited. I am so ready to find the skinny me again.

I'm a newbie and 41 years old living in Korea.

I saw many of your posts while checking out the forums.

I think you are just beautiful.~You will be my inspiration for my weight loss.:D

The BEST is yet to come :). I've been married 20 years this October. I have an 18 yr old son, and 13 yr old daughter. I'm hoping by next October to be able to actually fit back into my wedding dress, that would feel SO awesome!