Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saving up money to get the sleeve in mexico

Ive had enough of fighting with my weight. Ive decided to have the sleeve done in Mexico. I dont have good credit due to some problems that ive had, so a loan is out of the question and i dont have anyone who will let me borrow it. so Im currently saving up my money and hope I can have the funds saved up by Oct. anyone else have/had money issues trying to get WLS done? what did you do to get the money?

For me, it took several different sources. I used my tax return, flex pay benefit at work and then put back what ever I could afford out of every check. I was so surprised that I was able to get it all together! However, it was worth every penny and I would do it all again in a heart beat!!!!

I am having surgery in MX and I'm paying with a credit card. I have good credit but a high debt to income ratio so I couldn't get any loans. I looked at my credit report and saw I had two CCs that I thought I had closed years ago. I am so thankful that I didn't. It's not ideal to put that much on a credit card but I really want this surgery and will do what I have to do! I hope you are able to save enough to have your surgery in October. If not, maybe you can file taxes first thing in 2011 and use that towards it. Best of luck.

I know that you said you dont have the best of credit but you could try Care Credit I dont have great credit either but wound up getting aproved for it for dental work. Dosen't hurt to give it a look. goof luck!

I think there are several companies (like Care One) that do higher risk loans for medical procedures. For some reason I'm thinking Capital One does it too. Of course the rates will be through the roof, but it's another option if you aren't able to save enough.

Beliteweight offers in house financing with a size-able down payment...maybe this could be an option for you...good luck...i had to save too, i just kept putting back everytime i could..this is really important to me

Thanks for all the advice! im gonna try the care one i guess theres no harm trying. im putting money away hoping that nothing gos wrong in the next few months were i have to put any extra money out. My goal is to have surgery this Fall cuz i want to be skinnier for the cruise im going on in May. if all else fells Ill use my income tax money. Much Love!!!

I am saving also. I am using BeLiteWeight also. I am going to Juarez and since I live in TX I can drive there so I won't have the cost of the plane tickets. I am going to use my income tax so hopefully I will be sleeved in February.

i am a self pay for mexico ..............dr almanza. i seen a company that said good credit or bad credit they will loan you the money . i clicked on something from here. im so sorry i cant remember but i will look for it again.

why not save up money from your tax returns ?.. that's what im doing.. 5 grand in "2011" and 5 grand in "2012". What ever pennies i get my hands on im gonna save that as well... It'll take me 2 yrs , as im a stay at home mom and it was the best choice for my husband and i, so that we wont go into debt any further.... i don't want any loans !! i've been over weight for 20yrs.. what's 2 more years...lol..

I'm also self pay. I have saved, called in for advances on future birthday, Christmas, etc gifts from family and the rest is coming from a 401k loan. LOL. I get to pay MYSELF back interest at 4.25%!!

Beg, borrow and steal!....well, not really the stealing part.....but plenty of the 1st 2!

Good luck to you!

That's a very good plan...hope you have chosen Dr. Aceves in Mexical....he's definitely your best choice. Goodluck and wish you the best.:(

I am saving also. I am using BeLiteWeight also. I am going to Juarez and since I live in TX I can drive there so I won't have the cost of the plane tickets. I am going to use my income tax so hopefully I will be sleeved in February.

Hey I am doing the same thing I am hoping to go in Feb as well. Maybe I will see you there :001_unsure:

I got bad credit and through mymedicaloans.com I had to come up with 50 % of the cost of surgery, for me this cuts about 7 more months of saving.