Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey ya'll, I am having a heck of a time getting in my Protein. I'm on my two week preop diet and have been trying to find some that I like. So far no luck. I have to force myself to drink it. What protein products have you guys come across that you like?? Any secrets on how to get my protein in?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

ooohh.. I know how you feel.... the prtien power is simply gross to me...

so far, i am really liking the Atkins stuff. shakes takes like milk, and the bars don't taste like chalk!

I was on Optifast shakes post op which were ok - I liked the coffee one the best but they are higher in carbs (17g Protein and I would have with skimmed milk which gave me an extra 8.4g protein).

I also discovered BSN Lean Dessert Protein powder which is delicious - these are I think 21g Protein (plus whatever you add into it - eg milk)

I've tried the Choc Coconut (ok), choc fudge(very nice) and cinnamon Roll (lush!!)

Ive also tried a couple of Protein Bars but didnt rate them at all... tasted very powdery to me..... spanish brands so no point listing.

Hope this helps....

For shakes you can get high Protein from Bariatric Advantage or Myolean shakes. Pro Joe drinks have 20 Grams and are similar to a bottled Starbucks drink. Gelatein cups have 20 grams and they are like a cup of Jell-O. You can drink them as a liquid or refrigerate for a Jell-O consistency. My surgeon has these products available at his office with the exception of Myolean, which he approves but does not sell. Good luck to you!

Edited by LovinLife

Try and get your shakes as cold as you can tolerate. Also, I found that if I kept them covered (leave the top on the shaker bottle) while drinking them, it helped with the awful smell. I used to mix them up with my majic bullet but found that it put too much air into the shake. The air filled my stomach up with "air" and it seemed to make the drink twice the size in appearance. Now, I mix it up with a shaker from GNC. It isn't full of air and visually doesn't look so "big" making it seem like it isn't so much to get down.

One of my favorite shakes is to take 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules, 2 tsp sugar free Decaf french vanilla instant coffee mix, one scoop each of vanilla and chocolate Protein powder, and 8 oz of really cold Water. Mix and drink. The coffee makes it seem not so sweet. When I really wanna get "wild" I'll put a little malt powder in this and it seems like a malt. Yummy. :(

Today, I got some of those iced coffee mixes from starbucks. Gonna try it with vanilla Protein Powder tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it tasts.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. You will do great.

whey Gourmet powders are the absolute best. Not cheap, but there's a reason why. The manufacturer is called PVL. If you don't have a specialty nutrition store in your area, Walmart tends to carry a few basic flavors. I've tried a few chocolate varieties, strawberry banana, and some sort of vanilla ice cream flavor and they were all amazing and really smooth (with 1% milk, anyway - never tried them with water).

I have tried a few different protien powers/ drinks but the only one I can find that will actually go down in Chike the chocolate tastes like a melted fugdesicle and the vanilla tasted like frosting the strawberry was okay but not m y fav have not tried the oreange or the bannana. they are a bot higher in cals and carbs then my Nutrishinalist wants but i figue that if its the only way i can get my protien then i will cut the cals and carbs out someware else. Goo luck!

I've probably posted this a million times, but I swear by Isopure Zero Carb vanilla Protein whey isolate powder (25 grams of protein a scoop) flavored by a DaVinci sugar free syrup--whichever I'm in the mood for. It mixes well with a small or large volume of Water with just a spoon. I also mix it with iced coffee. If you're sick of sweet things, use the unflavored IsoPure Zero and mix it with chicken broth. Mix the powder with a little warm water first and then add that to the broth and heat, but don't boil so the protein doesn't clump.