Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often did you change clothes sizes?

Hehehe I bought a light blue summer skirt suit by Bay for ?4.99 yesterday in a charity shop. I don't think it has ever been worn and it looks tres chic for work.

I buy virtually all my clothes from charity shops or eBay these days. I find it fun and you certainly get really good quality designer gear for a snip.

Tonight I am going to a Sex in the City party wearing a Monsoon dress that I bought for ?20 off eBay, I am planning to go as Samantha (without the sex though) and I bought a cinch waist sequined belt and some big blinging jewellery to tart it up with. To top it all I will be sporting a bleached blonde wig and a burka!!!! The burka will only be for the entrance behind my husband the Sheikh. Should be a blast :crying:

Life is so much more fun now.

Jane x

Jane, It sounds like you found some good buys. That party also sounds like it would be alot of fun, you will have to let us know how it goes.

Lisa:thumbup1:

i waited as long as i could before i bought anything. I got most of my stuff altered until i just couldnt do it anymore. I can tell you this has been amazing and SO ANNOYING!!!! at the same time...because that shirt you got...you know, the one that looked great on you and was the right size but not on sale...yeah, well wear it as many times as you can...because in 3 weeks it will be too big...in 2 months its going to the homeless.....

i have donated thousands and thousands of dollars of suits, shirts, shorts....i mean you name it....i used to get all custom shirts....pft...gone...gave them away...i couldnt even alter them anymore. I JUST bought a new suit...I was so excited--big birthday present! ...yeah that was 2 months ago...I had to put it on this morning to go to court...doesnt fit...looks stupid.

So, it will just happen at all times...its really wonderful...it frustrates me...but hey...i'll take it. The funny thing is that after losing 120 lbs i dont realize what my size is...so i get scared trying on a L or XL ...i always no no no...that wont work...so i try on the XXL and it swollows me...so i say oh my god!? let me try the XL...too big...so i try the large...too short! hahaha!!! but the point is that 9 months later and i STILL try on the 2XL 1st... (i finally got myseld to stop trying the 3XL...)

Southernlawyer, I guess the size changes would be alot to take in. I can just picture you going to court in a suit, that is to big, like a little kid in a grown up suit. lol, Well I'm back on the don't know when I'm going to have surgery, so I just kind of put this thinking on hold for now. It is hard like today I took my daughter school clothes shopping, and there were alot of good sales, but I did not even want to look because I dont know when I'm going to have my surgery. It is hard for me to picture myself in regular sizes the thought of it just blows my mind. I do have one good thing I work in an office with 5 other females, they are all different sizes, and they have all offered to clean out their closets, and give me everything that don't fit or they dont wear anymore. I am very thankful to work with good friends that support my WLS surgery.

I have been wondering, how fast did you change clothes size. Right now I have several sizes anyway due to my losing and gaining weight. But what did everyone do about clothes? I'm a size 24 right now, how long will I be in size 24 after surgery. I know everyone is different in their weight loss, but I just want to get a general idea. My surgery is August 24th, what size winter clothes will I need, and how fast did you go through sizes? I don't want to buy alot of a certain size clothes, and only wear it a couple of times, and move on. I did see the thread about clothes exchanges, and I plan on being active in that, but like when I go to Walmart, and see clothes for $1.50 I'm picking up different sizes, not alot because with my luck, my surgeon will post pone my surgery.

I just want to say I feel real comfortable here because I would never just blurt out my size to anyone. lol I feel as though you all are my friends, I mean I already have something in common with each and everyone of you. :crying:

I am a clothes horder so to speak, and have lost and gained weight a lot over the years. . . i never got rid of my clothing, I kept most of them so I had an array of sizes all over the place. . .when i had the surgery, i kept wearing my now clothes until they really looked out of place, then got brave and tried on others. . . it was funny cause many times i missed the sizes and they were just too darn big and fell off. . . hehehe. . . i loved that. . but what i didn't find too cool was my really nicer smaller clothes that i hardly wore became too big or i missed the size and can't wear them anyhow. . .now i'm in a W18's or XL. . . I used to wear 28's or 3XL . . . I know huh, this forum is great to discuss things. . .i don't feel embarrassed or anything

I haven't kept very good track about exactly when the sizes have changed but I am 2 1/2 months post op and my pants size has gone from 28 to 22. My tops have gone from 22/24 to 18/20 and some 14/16's. I was very excited about the clothing exchange thread, but, people don't seem to use it very much at all. I have been selling most of my big stuff in yard sales, no one on here seemed to need it, I guess I started bigger than a lot of people and most people were looking for smaller sizes than what I had to offer. Let me know what sizes you might need, I will keep getting rid of stuff. Right now I'm in 22 pants for example and would be happy to pass them on when I'm done with them... message me if you need anything and I'll do what I can!

jane did you take some pictures of your "sex in the city" party? if so would love to see you in your outfit. kelly

For you Kelly anything

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery (VSG) Forum - Jane_J's Album: Sex in the City party

picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=2093&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=2092&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=2094&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=2095&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=2097&thumb=1

It was a real laugh :cursing:

And our hosts house was really cool, a converted factory. I can't believe I wore those shoes from 7pm to 4 am the next morning. It's a wonder what a plentiful supply of wine can do to a person. :lol0:

Jane x

Summer_Party.html#20

Southernlawyer, I guess the size changes would be alot to take in. I can just picture you going to court in a suit, that is to big, like a little kid in a grown up suit. lol, Well I'm back on the don't know when I'm going to have surgery, so I just kind of put this thinking on hold for now. It is hard like today I took my daughter school clothes shopping, and there were alot of good sales, but I did not even want to look because I dont know when I'm going to have my surgery. It is hard for me to picture myself in regular sizes the thought of it just blows my mind. I do have one good thing I work in an office with 5 other females, they are all different sizes, and they have all offered to clean out their closets, and give me everything that don't fit or they dont wear anymore. I am very thankful to work with good friends that support my WLS surgery.

Your friends at the office sound lovely, you are lucky to have nice mates. And you will end up taking them up on their offers, I hope you get your surgery soon.

Jane x

Your friends at the office sound lovely, you are lucky to have nice mates. And you will end up taking them up on their offers, I hope you get your surgery soon.

Jane x

Thank you Jane, they are very supportive, and a group of great people to work with, most of the time. lol I pray every night for my sleeve, and I know it will come one day. I just hope it is one day soon. I'm just waiting for Huntington VA to schedule me a Consult, and working on losing that 10% excess weight. Tonight is my first weight in a Weight Watchers, wish me luck!!!! The thought of getting on a scale in front of a line of people I don't even know scares me half to death. :sad0:

I was a 2x or 18W. My surgery was on June 15. I am now 16W pant, 16W or XL top and a 16W or 14W dress. Top seems to be shrinking quicker than the bottom but that is due to my belly. I need to start exercising.

I have always changed one size about every 15 pounds. I started out at a size 28 and over the last 4 months, I've gone to 26, 24, 22, and now I'm in a 20.

I have always changed one size about every 15 pounds. I started out at a size 28 and over the last 4 months, I've gone to 26, 24, 22, and now I'm in a 20.

Katt, That is great.:blushing: It make me so excited to get my sleeve. I have been buying size 20, 18, 16, and 14 when I see them a yard sales for $1.00 or less. It is hard for me to buy size 14 because I can not picture myself that small, but I can't help it pluse my mom gave a bunch of her size 14's as she has her weight has been a yo-yo for years also. Maybe I will get news today from the VA, matter fact I'm going to call her shortly when they open to see if the nurse has heard anything. Wish me or luck or better yet say a prayer for me.

My surgery was on June 11th - I was wearing a size 18 dress and my shirts were 2x. I had a pair of jeans that were 40x34. I had one pair of capris that were a 16, Tommy Hilfigers, they ran large, I loved them because they were a 16, my smallest item of clothing!! :cool0: Last week I bought 2 pair of Capris, size 12!!! One fit, I'm wearing them now, the other, a different brand is snug, I should be able to wear them in a couple of weeks. A month ago I was wearing a 14. I am buying an XL in the Missy dept....I no longer shop in the "womens" dept. It is so weird!!!! It is amazing how quickly you can start wearing smaller clothing, just wait!!! Good luck!!!

I have been wondering, how fast did you change clothes size. Right now I have several sizes anyway due to my losing and gaining weight. But what did everyone do about clothes? I'm a size 24 right now, how long will I be in size 24 after surgery. I know everyone is different in their weight loss, but I just want to get a general idea. My surgery is August 24th, what size winter clothes will I need, and how fast did you go through sizes? I don't want to buy alot of a certain size clothes, and only wear it a couple of times, and move on. I did see the thread about clothes exchanges, and I plan on being active in that, but like when I go to Walmart, and see clothes for $1.50 I'm picking up different sizes, not alot because with my luck, my surgeon will post pone my surgery.

I just want to say I feel real comfortable here because I would never just blurt out my size to anyone. lol I feel as though you all are my friends, I mean I already have something in common with each and everyone of you. :thumbup: