Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello to everyone, My name is Laura Phillips, I am from Lafayette, Ga and I was sleeved back in December on the 8 th, 2009. While I didn't plot everyone of my weight losses and I do regret that. If I was to do this over again that would be the only thing that I would do different. I would take a picture and write down how much I weighed and how much I loss in a month. So if you are new and just recently sleeved I would suggest you do this just for your info. Just to see where you progress and where your most losses have been.

I am 7 months out and while I didn't loose mine in 4 months, I have officially lost 100# which is just amazing to me. I have gone from a size 24/26 down to a 14/16. I can fit behind the steering wheel without my belly touching it or having to sit so far back that it is hard to reach the pedals!! I am also volunteering for different things at work that I have never done before. I will be competing in a dragon boat race next week to help one of the local children's hospital. I would never have done that 284# ago, just because I would be afraid that I would've sank the boat!!!

I am getting use to being able to fit into a size 14/16 again. It has been years sine I wore that size. It has been 20 years to be exact. If there are new ones out there or ones contemplating having the surgery go for it babe. It has been the best thing that I have ever done just for myself. The self confidence is amazing that you get when you loose 100#. I feel so much better.

Last year my husband and I went to an Atlanta Braves baseball game and barely fit into the seat. If we had to have gotten up really fast the seat would have went with us!! HaHa. But this year we both fit into the seat and still had room to spare. I have been meaning to post them on here because he had an rny 2 weeks after I had been sleeved so we have been doing this together. Again it has been amazing and I am so sorry that this was long. I also want to say that I have had no problems with my surgery or any major problems. I have had some reflux issues,but with some meds everyday it keeps it under control. I also had some dizziness problems at about 4 months and it just went away at about 6 months. It lasted about 1 1/2 to 2 months. I guess that was just my body getting use to things. The amount of weight I have lost, blood trying to equal out in my body and hormones trying to equal out too.

Gratz on such great success. It's great to hear from someone doing so well. Take care and best of luck on your continued success.

Amazing!!! 100 pounds gone FOREVER. I can only imagine how great you are feeling. Good luck and best wishes on your upcoming dragon boat race. Thanks for sharing :-)

Deb

Thanks for sharing Laura. You and your hubby look great! I am just starting on this journey as I am doing pre-op requirements and have been wondering if I am crazy to be doing something so drastic. Your post is truly inspiring!!

Renee

You've done so amazing ! ! ! I'm so happy to hear all your wonderful victories, Laura, and so glad we've gotten to know each other along the way.

congrats!!! I love that you and your hubby did it together!!! how fun and motivating!!!

thanks for sharing! I am getting sleeved soon, so I love inspriation like this!