Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 years already? Wow

Two years ago today I was 303 pounds, crying, scared, and hugging my parents as I was wheeled into surgery. My life has changed so much from that day, I'm not that same girl. That girl had never had a date, thought she would be alone for the rest of her life. She was afraid to sit down on lawn furniture because of an embarrassing moment when a chair broke when she sat down on it. She had gone into Lane Bryant only a couple years before as a size 16 and was now leaving with the 26-28's. She was so scared of getting bigger and bigger and that it would never stop. And she cried herself to sleep many a night.

I still see glimpses of that girl, like last weekend at the family cook out, she thought twice before sitting down on that little plastic chair. But I'm not that girl anymore. I'm wearing swimsuits without a tshirt over it out in PUBLIC, I've had an incredible boyfriend for over a year, who has given me so much love, love that I hadn't been giving to myself for years. I can walk into a room and not be the biggest one there. Now, I'm telling Lane Bryant I won't be seeing them anymore, I'm in a 14 and plan on only shopping again once I'm a 12. I feel free, as if I have nothing holding me back and anything is possible.

I don't wake up and think about food, I don't eat Breakfast and only think about what I'm going to have for lunch and dinner. I enjoy walking/jogging and actually feel as if my heart is strong and healthy.

This morning I weighed in at 209, that's 94 pounds gone. Sure I had a goal of losing 100 for my one year anniversary, but things don't always happen the way you plan. I was hoping to be down 100 for today, but I know these 6 pounds will be coming off soon. And I WILL get to my goal. Like I said, I can do anything, I believe in myself now.

I really want to thank everyone on LBT, I only found this site a few months ago, I wish it could be given out to every single person even thinking about the band. The knowledge on here and the people are so wonderful. And a special thanks to the Gone for Good Club on here, you all are some of the most caring and supportive woman I have ever known, thank you.

THANKYOU.. THANK YOU. THankyou...

What an inspiration you are..

I totally needed that...:girl_hug:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all choked up... with happy emotions and tears.

I'm so happy for that beautiful girl who's finally being treated with lots of care and love.

Happy Bandiversary, Sweetie. *big big hugs*

You should be so proud of yourself! Congratulations!!!!! What a great day it must be for you. I look forward to my 1 year anniversary and hope I have as much success as you. Keep up the good work!

How wonderful for you. I think many of us can relate to your story and you just gave us all hope for our futures. Best of everything to you, you deserve it.

You are truly inspiring. Congratulations on you losses as well as the gain of yourself.

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on becoming the person you always were.

Congratulations on your great success! We all know it didn't come easily but you stuck with it and are now seeing the rewards. It's great that you have found someone who appreciates the terrific person you are and that you are feeling strong and healthy!

We are all so happy for you.

Emily

congratulations and happy anniversary. Youve done an amazing job and you are an inspiration to all of us newbies!!

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Writing that today really got some of my emotions out and I admit, I cried as I typed some of it. It feels so good to be here today and I feel really proud of myself. But it was sad thinking about the old me and that girl who was so sad.

I think I will be using some of my post today in a letter to my mother, she payed $18,000+ for my surgery and who knows the millions on raising me, lol. I really need to thank her more often for how much she has given of herself to help me.

Thanks again everyone!