Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complication insurance for private pays!!!

Something I just found out...there is a company that offers a new insurance product strictly for private pays. It does cover complications for 30 days after your surgery and includes bariatrics.

Surgical Risk Solutions, LLC

9310 Old Kings Rd S, Suite 702

Jacksonville, FL 32257

904.493.7965, X205 (Office)

904.517.5805 (Direct)

904.493.7969 (Fax)

850.556.3388 (Cell)

jhaynie@complicationinsurance.com

Contact this guy for information. I bought a policy and peace of mind because that was my biggest worry about paying out of pocket, was running out of money if something went wrong. My doctor doesn't carry BLIS yet, which is the best, but it will take a few months to get it and I don't have a few months.

I just spoke with my agent and they said they hope to have the Medical Tourism package for complication insurance completed by the end of the year. So others down the road will have this benefit as well. 30 days post op coverage: up to $300,000 protection for $120.00. That's a bargain for peace of mind. I bought a policy when I thought I was having surgery with Dr. Husted. But I have a short window to work with and he has no privileges here in AZ yet. So I am thinking about Mexicali & Dr. Aceves. I figured my husband (who is way overprotective of me) would blow a gasket, but he is on board with me. So we're just waiting a little longer for Dr. Husted's next move, But I can't wait too long. I have been uemployed for 4 months and need to return to work soon. I want it done before I go back because no new employer is going to give me time off for elective surgery. AZ is a right to work state, and not employee friendly.

I love AZ weather and lifestyle, but I have to say the business and political climate here can be pretty hard to live with sometimes. And it's particularly difficult for overweight folks. People pretty much treat us like we're a communicable disease. Finding a job has been difficult for me, even though I have a lot to offer as an employee. I've been passed over for promotion more times than I can count -- losing out to less qualified but much smaller sized peers. OK, I'm done ranting now. I am so frustrated with this whole thing. I soooo want this surgery behind me so I can live the rest of my life in better health (and better opportunities).

wow... thats a good find. I would have felt better if I had had this when I had surgery.

Thank goodness. I got lucky registering here today. I'm going thru the pre-op diet right now and was looking for advice on everything to do with my surgery next month. You know, all the things that my doc may have not mentioned.

I'm in Texas and a private pay. Do they have a website to poke around on?

Any help on coping with this pre-op diet would help too. I hate it!

pamela

i didnt see that it covered the sleeve only the band

I looked a little further in, and during the application process they have you select a drop-down for the procedure you want to be insured with. One of the selections is"Gastric Banding AKA Gastric Sleeve".

Now, this does have me a bit worried. One is not the same as the other, so it is not considered an "AKA" - (Also Known As). I would definitely look into this further before putting my money down on it. What if I need to collect on a claim? I'm not getting the Banding, I'm getting a Sleeve.

Probably best to call and get confirmation first.

Darn! It's not available for Colorado

Oh well, I'm committed to this procedure and am going to do my best for the best possible outcome. I do have regular health ins from my employer, I'm just hoping my PCP will code my follow-up care correctly, so my claims don't get denied.

Folks,

Just to let you know, Overweight95 is a lurker and likely a reporter.

His posts started immediately after I declined to give a testimonial on the product via email this morning. (I only declined because I failed to use the product as I didn't have my surgery in the US so it wasn't valid.) I personally have no opinions on the product except that it seems like a really good option for the uninsured.

He is looking for a story on people who used the insurance product I mentioned here. And I mentioned it purely as something for the uninsured to check into, as one of my big fears was that a complication could bankrupt me. I did not mention it to sell a product.

Tsk tsk...so transparent. Shame on you to use this forum for your personal gain when it was established as a networking tool for patients to help each other.

my surgeons office has an insurance policy built in with the cost...I want to say bliss insurance...but I could be wrong. Anway, that policy covers you up to 6 monts post op! Everything is included too ie..hospital stays,more surgery if needed!

He said they can provide this insurance because it is only available for bariatric surgeons who have very low complication rates!

Hope I don't need to use it...but it's comforting knowing that it's there!

Yes, it is BLIS you speak of. My doctor and hospital in the US didn't offer it. But like I said, there was too much run around with my doctor's office. I really liked him but the price was high too, being unemployed and uninsured. Good thing I didn't use the US medical system, too. When I developed pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung, it was all covered under the Mexican system. Here in the US that little adventure would have cost me thousands. On the other hand, it might have been covered by this complication insurance. I still have no idea how I got the lung issues. I did everything right and so did the cargivers. Oh well...c'es la vie. Glad it's behind me now.

I read on here that a user was billed over $10k for the anesthiologist that was not part of the bariatric surgeons fees. Any one else have that happen?

I'll look into both the Bliss and complication insurance tonight. Does my surgeon have to offer Bliss? I did a quick poke on the complication insurance site and saw that they are in Texas.

Still hating this diet!!!

By the way, this is a great site. So much info and support.:lol0:

Thnx!

Back to work!:wave:

pamela