Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Met with the RE today--not so great VERY LONG SORRY

Just an update.

It's been a very busy few months. We made it through the homestudy process (the process you go through to be approved to adopt) and we have been matched with a lovely woman who is due with a baby girl in April. She and I have hit it off so well, I'm actually going to go meet her in a couple of weeks (she lives in a different state). I am so excited...already filled up the baby's room and closet, but also realize that sometimes these things do not always work out as we plann, but we decided to just enjoy the minute:-)

I want to wish everyone luck on both their weight loss and baby journey!

Happy holidays,

Dee Dee

Congratulations. That is so exciting. I'm glad everything worked out.

Someone shared this poem with me. I'm sorry it's long. But, it's a must read.

There are women that become mothers without effort, without thought, without patience or loss and though they are good mothers and love their children, I know that I will be better.

I will be better not because of genetics, or money or that I have read more books but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.

I have longed and waited. I have cried and prayed. I have endured and planned over and over again.

Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.

I will notice everything about my child. I will take time to watch my child sleep, explore and discover. I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.

I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold and feed himand that I am not waking to take another temperature,pop another pill, take another shot or cry tears of a broken dream. My dream will be crying for me.I count myself lucky in this sense; that God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child that my friends will not see.

Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or achild that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.

I will be a better mother for all that I have endured. I am a better wife, a better aunt, a better daughter, neighbor, friend and sister because I have known pain.

I know disillusionment as I have been betrayed by my own body. I have been tried by fire and hell many neverface, yet given time, I stood tall.

I have prevailed. I have succeeded. I have won.

So now, when others hurt around me, I do not run from their pain in order to save myselfdiscomfort. I see it, mourn it, and join them in theirs.

I listen.

And even though I cannot make it better,I can make it less lonely.I have learned the immense power of another handholding tight to mine, of other eyes that moisten asthey learn to accept the harsh truth and when life is beyond hard. I have learned a compassionthat only comes with walking in those shoes.

I have learned to appreciate life. Yes I will be a wonderful mother.

~Author Unknown..

Congratulatons! So happy to hear how things are working out. Keep us posted as things progress.

Hi DeeDee -- I'm an adoptive mom to two great kids (I have one biological one as well - and it was a struggle to have him) -- congratulations on the wonderful journey you're about to embark upon :) The only regret I have is that I wasn't the one to carry them for the 9 months before they were born -- I love them so -- AND theyre teenagers now. (so sometimes they try to act unlovable, but ya know, they just can't get rid of me :lol:) -- here are some pics of them 5271726845_0061c579dd.jpg

5272334104_712ea5eeed.jpg

5272339382_d276b28071.jpg

I was just thinking of you DeeDee! Congrats on finding your way and I cannot wait to see pictures of your lovely baby soon!

Congratulations! THat is such good news. It is sad to think you cannot have a biological child, until you think of a baby all alone in the world needing a family.

Destiny takes many forms.....I pray your family is complete soon!

Just an update.

It's been a very busy few months. We made it through the homestudy process (the process you go through to be approved to adopt) and we have been matched with a lovely woman who is due with a baby girl in April. She and I have hit it off so well, I'm actually going to go meet her in a couple of weeks (she lives in a different state). I am so excited...already filled up the baby's room and closet, but also realize that sometimes these things do not always work out as we plann, but we decided to just enjoy the minute:-)

I want to wish everyone luck on both their weight loss and baby journey!

Happy holidays,

Dee Dee

I'm bawling like a little baby. I"m so happy to hear your update Dee ! ! !

Many congrats, and I know you are going to be a fabulous mommy ! ! !

I will be praying for you! I wish you the best with your adoption. A close friend of mine adopted a baby and then became pregnant a few days after the adoption after years of infertility. You just never know what God has in store you you. Please keep us posted! HUGS!

I went to Mexico for a IVF (it did not work, but I was 39 at the time) The Clinic/Dr's were AWESOME, clean, professional, English speaking and I will be going back again later this year. (I haven't had surgery of any kind yet, I am in pre-approval/choice mode). My clinic was IECH in Monteray< Mexico. It is about 1/2 the cost. Cheap flight (or drive), stay in hotel nearby, work with Dr. here in US for as much pre-testing as possible and your off! Good Luck

Oh ha, I guess I posted too soon, good luck on the Adoption. Is there a extra baby out there? I'd adopt now...turned off by hassle cost here in Texas.

It's been so long, but wanted to share that I am now a mommy through adoption. Lucy Elizabeth was born April 13, 2011. I was able to be in the delivery room and the first to hold her after the nurse. It has now been over a month and I am so glad that I had VSG in order to keep up with this little one. I managed to maintain my weight until my month long stay in Louisiana while adopting Lucy where I managed to put on 9 pounds ohmy.gif I'm now back to teaching Jazzercise, so hopefully in the next month or two will be back down.

Here is a picture of Lucy and I from her first baseball game today...

29asf0i.jpg

And just a cute picture of Lucy...

2uy3xuq.jpg

It's been so long, but wanted to share that I am now a mommy through adoption. Lucy Elizabeth was born April 13, 2011. I was able to be in the delivery room and the first to hold her after the nurse. It has now been over a month and I am so glad that I had VSG in order to keep up with this little one. I managed to maintain my weight until my month long stay in Louisiana while adopting Lucy where I managed to put on 9 pounds ohmy.gif I'm now back to teaching Jazzercise, so hopefully in the next month or two will be back down.

Here is a picture of Lucy and I from her first baseball game today...

29asf0i.jpg

And just a cute picture of Lucy...

2uy3xuq.jpg

Tears of pure joy are streaming down my face ! ! ! I'm so stinkin' happy for you.

congratulations dee dee, i am so happy for you. i know the longing for a child and the awe that you feel when your child is placed in your arms. hugs....happy mother's day!!!!

Congratulations! I am so happy for you, it's great to hear everything ended up so well! The girl s beautiful!

I will be going through the process in a couple of years, I am so happy so to see you dream came true!