Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Times, Bad Times - Anyone Else Have Mixed Feelings?

Misfortune.... She documented all of her side effects ie rashes, smell, skin breakdowns... then its not considered cosmetic, but I think its also due to the state your from.... Washington State.... Also had a friend get a breast reduction for back pain from Washington and that was like 10 years ago

Meow.. I see.. I have also heard of breast reductions being done because of back problems.. Thanks for your reply. I was just curious.. Best Wishes. And congrad on your 25 pds..: )

I am only game enough to say this outloud in this post to anyone. I thought my life would be great when I lost my weight, but for years I dreamt of a Tummy Tuck. I would lay in bed at night praying to win the lotto so I could get it done. When it actually became reality and was booked in I thought my life was going to be perfect, nothing would get me down...NOTHING!!!!

Boy was I wrong. The TT has only made the other things bad on me more pronounced. I have keloid scars from banding. I have stretch marks from head to toe pretty much literally. My thighs rub together from major loose skin that my DR said would only ever be improved by a thigh lift...well that isnt going to happen. My tummy is in major swell hell and its hard to see it so big after what I have been through. I know my mind is playing head games with me and Ill never think of myself as anything but fat, nomatter what I have done. There is alot of other things I could go on about too but I wont. All Ill say is it will always be a "the grass is always greener" kinda thing for me.

I just wanted to add that it pi***s me off when I see someone who seems like they are never satisfied, and there probably is people reading this thinking "Be grateful I would KILL for a tummy tuck". I know, I used to think like that too. Like I said life would be perfect after one. It would answer all my problems. I am just stating it hasnt, far from it.

Hugs

Kellie... All I have to say is you are right! I totally agree! Mo matter how many tucks, cuts or whatever, if you are not happy with yourself mentally, then you will never be happy! I also like you phrase at the end;

Just Today!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches