Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am frustrated today. Feels like things are going So slowly... I am trying to be patient and appreciate how far I have come, but some days are hard....

My surgery date was 3/16/10. Since then I have lost 47 lbs, but in the last seven weeks I have only lost 5 lbs. I have increased my excercise and trying to really watch what I eat, but it really has not made a difference.

Does anyone have any advice...?

Is this normal to have such a long stall this early on? Could this be it? I am delighted to lose this much, and with a brave face have been saying that if this is all I lose, it will be ok. I don't really mean it though. I was hoping for a little more... I will say that I was ecstatic to finally reach Onderland for the first time in my adult life!!!! I now weigh 195-197.

I love my sleeve...

heygale

Thanks for your reply Goodlife. I always start my day with coffee made with the wonderful hot chocolate mix I learned about from McMadame with 15 gr Protein. About 2 hours later, I have Greek yogurt with berries for Breakfast. From there, things are never the same. I may not be getting in enough food, but when I was tracking everything on Fitday.com, I found I was getting in an average of 60 gr protein, and 700 - 800 calories I keep telling myself that eventually the scale will start to show.... I am trying to be patient...

I will tell you I lost a lot at first and now it is 5-6 lbs a month. I'm okay with that though. I think it is possible you are at a stall, b/c how can you not eventually lose weight on 700-800 calories a day. I only lose weight 1 week of the month now. It is kind of in b/t periods.

I'd like to know more about the hot chocolate. Why do you call it coffee if its hot chocolate? I drink coffee every day, but of course I'm getting no Protein. Does the hot chocolate taste like Protein?

Just my 2 cents also, looks like your calorie intake may be ok but what are you consuming in carbs and fat? Also, do you drink enough fluids throughout the day (64 ounces minimum)?

I am only 8 weeks post-op so can only go from limited experience but i know my loss has slowed to about 2 pounds a week and I am sure it will get slower as I get closer.

Oh, the hot chocolate! I first read about it from McMadame, who calls it "mommie's crack"! I thought this was hilarious and must have been good so I ordered some. I now drink it Everyday. It is a little pricey at 9.95 for 7 servings, however there are discounts available and at 15 gr/serving I look at it like a meal. It mixes wonderfully with coffee, (I use is as my justification to have my morning coffee) makes a great mocha, and it does not taste like Protein at all. For an occasional special treat, I add a few miniature marshmallows. I like the plain hot chocolate, though they have several flavors. It is made by HealthSmart and sold by Nashua Nutrition. I order it online. It is so worth trying...

Everyone's body is so different. I personally didn't eat fruit just because of the sugar/carb counts. I know they are "healthy" carbs, but for me, a carb is a carb is a carb. I was a carb counter, and I've always said that's why I never experienced a stall, nor did I have issues with eating them. I didn't introduce them in large quantities until I was well past goal. I still don't huge amounts of white carbs, but I do eat them now.

A few people have asked me, and I tell them the same things, 1) shake things up with your calories add 50-100 calories for a few days then go back to your normal routine 2) increase Fluid intake, clear, calorie free fluids 3) take measurements, if you're working out, you are building muscle, toning, and losing the bulky fat which will show a decrease in sizes, 4) cut carbs to no more than 30gr per day if you want more carbs, do 40-50 if you're taking 80+grams per day. Just cut some of the sugar your body is processing, regardless of it's "healthy" factor.

Anything that registered medium to high on the glycemic index, I avoided like the plague during my losing phase.

The scale will move. Stay the course, and don't give up.

tiffy, when I was on mushies I was at about 30g carbs a day but now it's usually 40-50. How can I cut more out? I only get them from flatbread and crackers which I have about 1 cracker a day usually, and a flatbread maybe every other day. The rest come from the other foods that are also high Protein. What suggestions do you have to cut out more carbs but not feel like I am ONLY eating meat all day every day? I try to eat shrimp once per day because it is so high protein, low cal, low fat and has pretty much no carbs either. Also tuna usually every other day. I am just getting bored though with all the meats I feel like I can only eat chicken/beef so many ways. Help! :) You are so good at this stuff.

heygale - I feel your pain, I have been complaining about the same thing in several threads tonight. Frustrated with how slow things have been. The first month was great and now nothing is happening. Hopefully Tiffykins can help :) She is like the Sleeve Guru!!!

Thanks to all of you for your advice. I am feeling better this week.

I saw my surgeon for my 3 mth f/u also and he thinks things are going fine. I have not been getting enough Protein OR fluids, and I believe this is the problem. I just have to find high protein Snacks and fluids that I can stomach. I used to drink huge amounts of cold Water, and can't do that at all any more. I got really burned out on shakes in the beginning, and am having trouble getting them down at all now.

I think all this is a learning curve that I will get eventually... I have to remember that I have lost 52 lbs in 16 weeks. I guess this is pretty amazing...

I feel better than I have felt in years, and am so grateful for the opportunity for a new beginning! I do love my sleeve...:thumbup:

By the way, thankyou so much Tiffykins for the gift of your time to encourage all of us... You make me feel like I Can do it! You look great by the way. I know you are so excited... I thought about you when I went shopping at Lohmanns this weekend! It was the first time in Many years that I have been able to shop in a regular store. (started at size 20 - 22) My daughter handed me a pair of shorts size 14 - with a waist. " I can't wear those", I gasped. "Just try them Mom", she insisted.

They fit - with room to spare! I was so excited... Another NSV!!!!

Have a great day,

Heygale

please don't feel frustrated, you have accomplished a lot and you will keep losing more and more. this stall is perfectly normal, continue doing your exercise and you'll see results when you least expect it. goodluck and bestwishes.:thumbup: