Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four days post op and I'm getting stronger every day.

I haven't felt hungry at all. A little strange for sure. I thought that would fade in time.

Think I'm already 5 to 6 pounds down so hey I can't complain!

I hope everybody is doing great!

Kevin

i had surgery on the 28th...believe it or not on my birthday. i was a revision from a band. im doing pretty good, having a hard time getting fluids in, but i had the same problem with the band

congrats on your surgery Kevin! You will feel better every day! By two weeks, I felt normal - except the food part! : )

val ~ I also had surgery on my birthday! Decided it was a great way to celebrate!

hope you both continue to do well!

Hi and welcome to both of you.

Congratulations on taking the step to a new and improved life!

Keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks so much all!

Really love these forums. Everyone is so supportive and helpful!

I weighed myself for the first time in 4 days and I'm already 11 pounds down in 4 days.

I couldn't have done that before unless I starved myself lol.

Good luck to all!

Kev

Four days post op and I'm getting stronger every day.

I haven't felt hungry at all. A little strange for sure. I thought that would fade in time.

Think I'm already 5 to 6 pounds down so hey I can't complain!

I hope everybody is doing great!

Kevin

Hello Kevin , I am glad to hear you feel well and surgery went good. I have surgery 7/25 :angry: Im a little nervous so hearing storrys like yours are encouraging:smile1: please keep informing us of your progress.

I had surgery on the 29th also...and I'm just a little confused. LOL! I've had nearly no pain...besides severe nausea the first day and being a little sore. Is it supposed to be this easy? Although I am worried, because even though I'm not that hungry (since it's 4th of July....it's been VERY hard to go to the cookouts) I still feel like if I wanted to (although I havent), I could go eat a full course meal without any problems. Am I supposed to feel this way? At first I had a time sipping liquids..but that lasted less than 24 hours and now I can sip a bottled Water with no problem. (is that normal???) The only issue I can say that I'm having right now is gas...well at least I hope that's what it is. It a small throbbing pain that comes and goes. If I try to eat or when I'm not eating or drinking anything it appears. Usually wakes me up in the morning. Since the day of surgery I've lost about 11 pounds and I'm really hoping more comes off...I guess my nerves are just taking me over right now. Just concerned that I'm doing everything right.

I had surgery on the 29th also...and I'm just a little confused. LOL! I've had nearly no pain...besides severe nausea the first day and being a little sore. Is it supposed to be this easy? Although I am worried, because even though I'm not that hungry (since it's 4th of July....it's been VERY hard to go to the cookouts) I still feel like if I wanted to (although I havent), I could go eat a full course meal without any problems. Am I supposed to feel this way? At first I had a time sipping liquids..but that lasted less than 24 hours and now I can sip a bottled Water with no problem. (is that normal???) The only issue I can say that I'm having right now is gas...well at least I hope that's what it is. It a small throbbing pain that comes and goes. If I try to eat or when I'm not eating or drinking anything it appears. Usually wakes me up in the morning. Since the day of surgery I've lost about 11 pounds and I'm really hoping more comes off...I guess my nerves are just taking me over right now. Just concerned that I'm doing everything right.

Gas is natural. They pump us up with gas to make it easier to move around when they are doing the surgery. The bloat and pain feeling will go away. Mine took about 4 days and I occasionally still get what I call a gas bubble. It usually feels like a fist in your guts. But it does go away.

My wife had the surgery 4 months back and says she feels completely normal and until she has to eat she wouldn't know that she even had it either. So in that case yeah feeling normal is great. lol

Just keep up your fluids and Protein and the weight will slide off. I'm six days in and down 17 pounds already.

Good luck to ya!!

Kev

Hello Kevin , I am glad to hear you feel well and surgery went good. I have surgery 7/25 :angry: Im a little nervous so hearing storrys like yours are encouraging:smile1: please keep informing us of your progress.

Thanks Ellen!

The best advice I can give so far is to follow your doctor and nurses advice and keep your fluids up post op. I was always a good drinker but sipping 64 oz plus a day is hard. Plus get Protein where ya can too.

You'll be fine. Before you know it your day will be here and then you'll be home and on your feet wondering why you feel so normal as the weight slides off ya lol

Kev