Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Star Medica, Juarez week of sept 13th..ANYONE ELSE?

Hi! Just wondering if anyone esle out here will be in Juarez that week? I will be scheduling my surgery today!:thumbup:

that would be week.. not weel.. clearly I also need some kind of spelling surgery :)

Hi! Just wondering if anyone esle out here will be in Juarez that week? I will be scheduling my surgery today!:thumbup:

that would be week.. not weel.. clearly I also need some kind of spelling surgery :)

Hi, I just had mine done yesterday 07/01/2010 by Dr Rodriguez Jose and what can I say....the hospital is straight out of a magazine, the staff are so professional and couteous, the facility is ultra modern, everything is all inclusive (laboratory, radiology,etc) plus it is the approved medical facility for the American Consulate which is about a stone throw from the hospital.....so no violence here! I will be here till Sunday before leaving for Houston,TX.

I can't belive its my 2nd day out and I'm here lounging on the patio with a cup of ice chips chatting on the internet with my husband, took my own shower by myself, listened to some music earlier and actually tried a FEW DANCE STEPS...LOL.......:lol0:

After the initial gas pains immediately after surgery, its not so bad. I mean the pain is absolutely bearable. Believe me, I've done C-Section and that.....is painful!:mad0:

I am also connected free on Wi-Fi so I dont have to worry abt verizon sending me a humongous bill when I get home....lol

Now all I have to worry about is how cute I going to start looking in my pre-pregnancy clothes all the way down to a 10.....Yaaaaayyy!:mad0:

Edited by SlimMissy
typos

yahoo!!!!!!!congrats!!!! You must be soooo happy!

I am actully researching a few other places after a few negative comments, so I am sooooooooooooo happy to be able to speak to someone who is actually there!!!

When you feel up to it.. tell me all!!! :thumbup:

Ok. I am back in TX. Just crossed the Mexican border to El-Paso about 20mins ago and please do not belive all the horror stories. All you need is your passport or a valid photo ID.

I was able to roll my hand luggage with my laptop attached to the check-in gate without any hassles. Now am waiting for my flight and sipping my Apple Juice

I've been taught how to change my dressing and I did that this morning before leaving the hospital. All it involved was a breathable band-aid, an antibiotic ointment, a new washcloth/cotton puff, and my germ x ( although the doctors said anti bacterial soap but didn't have that so I made do with the hand sanitizer).

I have three small incisions (abt the size of pen tip, which I had been told I dont have to change until they fall off by themselves because they'd been glued shut.....relief!!!!!), the fourth one was the one with the catether drain and they took the drain out yesterday so they can show me how to clean and put a band aid on it by myself, that one is about the size of an erazer at the bottom of a pencil and its not deep at all.

You have two choices here, stay overweight and stand the chance of living an unhealthy life or go for the surgery and live a healthier life. I belive that we'll all die one day but I'll be damned (excuse my French) if I have to die due to some preventable health issues or something remotely connected to beign morbidly obese.

I've got only one life and I'm going to live it to the fullest.

Good Luck.

YES YES YES.. I hear ya! great news! You are on your way home! Sounds like everything went as smoothly as can be! I am really happy for you!

I am off to hop on a plane myself, but for work, and will be back next week. PLEASE keep on posting about how it is going!

Didn't realize how much I missed my husband and baby until they picked me up at airport...I was so excited I forgot I just had surgery (smooches, kisses, picking up baby and stuff...didn't even feel a thing), until my husband said something like..."I was assuming you will need a wheel chair coming out of the plane"...and I burst out laughing!

Summary: My pain was waaay tolerable and I was not hungry at all. We stopped at CVS pahramcy to pick up some Centrum chewables and that was it.

Once I made it home, I took all my prescribed medications (already filled in Mexico for $50) and had one sugar free popsicle for dinner which I had to share with my 20mths old and still didn't feel hungry.

One of the drugs (a little bitty capsule) I had to take every 6hrs and I forgot to use a straw for the Crystal Light, must have swallowed some air cause I felt some gas in my lungs and it was sooo painful like a bad Constipation, but after a few large and noisy burps (ooops!) I felt better. I guess I have to be careful in future.

The doctor had already warned me about gulping liquids, at least for the first few weeks, liquids had to be sipped or drank with a straw until my new tummy is accustomed to to it.

So here I am, after a good night rest, with my morning cup of chamomille tea (in my baby's 40z calibrated sippy cup), enjoying my 4th of July holiday with my toddler (& Sesame Street), and thinking to myself.....this is the best Independence ever!