Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Amen Sisters! And again I say AMEN!:)

I too have struggled with that feeling of guilt, but I think of a song that my sisiters and I use to sing. My mother loved this song. It is was originally sang by Gaither Vocal Band and it is called Beyond the Open Door. Here are some of the lyrics...

In the things familiar we find security

Resisting all the changes that days and years can bring,

When God decides to lead you through an open door

Inviting you to walk in realms you've never known before.

Beyond the open door is a new and fresh anointing,

Hear the Spirit calling you to go.

Walk on through the door for the Lord will go before you

Into a greater power you've never known before.

I think this sums it all up.

Perfect song, LizaJane! (and one of my favs too!) I agree with all of you - we started the year off with a Daniel 21 day fast in our church and during that time I read the book by Jentzen Franklin on fasting. He talked about gaining victory of "King Stomach." I debated for the last 3 years whether or not do so this - I would lose 30, 40, 50 pounds (and could usually do it quickly) and then over a period of months regain it all. When I found my Mom on her floor on Christmas Day after having a severe stroke and lost her within a few hours, my mind was made up.

I believe God directs our steps and shines a light on our path each day. I truly feel that He directed me to VSG and made the way open quickly for me in a period of weeks. My husband agreed with me completely (and hadn't been much in favor previously) and I sailed through the surgery.

Thank God for His mercy in spite of ourselves. You will do great!!!!

I am scheduled to have my surgery August 27th. It has been about 1 year in the works with having to attend seminars, options, meeting surgeons, etc. I have prayed over having the surgery and have not made this decision hastily. As a Christian, I sometimes feel guilty that I am not able to lose the weight on my own, using self control. Does anyone else feel this way?:cursing:

No offense here, but what does being a Christian have anything to do with having WLS??????? Sounds dumb to me. . . I'm a Christian but I chose to use the talents given to me to help myself. . . I'm sure as a "christian" you've heard "the Lord helps those, who help themselves????????? Good luck

No offense here, but what does being a Christian have anything to do with having WLS??????? Sounds dumb to me. . . I'm a Christian but I chose to use the talents given to me to help myself. . . I'm sure as a "christian" you've heard "the Lord helps those, who help themselves????????? Good luck

The original post "feeling guilty" was meant for those who could relate. If it sounded "dumb" to you , it was not meant for you (since you don't relate). By the way WLS surgery has nothing to do with being Christian BUT self-control has tons to do with being a Christian:biggrin0:...

Why thank you deary for that fulfilment. Since this is a open forum and a freedom of speech world I can speak my mind about whatever i wish. . .thank you i can see from your "anger" your in real control! You go girl !!! Have a blessed day

I am scheduled to have my surgery August 27th. It has been about 1 year in the works with having to attend seminars, options, meeting surgeons, etc. I have prayed over having the surgery and have not made this decision hastily. As a Christian, I sometimes feel guilty that I am not able to lose the weight on my own, using self control. Does anyone else feel this way?:)

God gave us brains and self determination so using this to make yourself healthier so you can play an active and supportive role in your family should not make you feel guilty. I really don't think Jesus would judge you badly either. These self punishing modes of thinking are part of the cause and effect of our obesity and now the physical aspects are being cured the head ones have to be addressed. Be kinder to yourself, like you are kind to others.

Jane x

God gave us brains and self determination so using this to make yourself healthier so you can play an active and supportive role in your family should not make you feel guilty. I really don't think Jesus would judge you badly either. These self punishing modes of thinking are part of the cause and effect of our obesity and now the physical aspects are being cured the head ones have to be addressed. Be kinder to yourself, like you are kind to others.

Jane x

Amen:001_smile:

Jane x

Yes Jane, he gave us the "talents" and it is up to us to either use them wisely or spoil them. Those of us who have chosen to get our WLS have chosen wisely. . .Unfortunely however, this WLS would also fall into one of the 7 deadly sins of "Vanity". . . oh well. . .life goes on huh?????:)

Well, I accept not being perfect and enjoy a little vanity these day, it's been a long time without caring about how I look. Still am 52 though so can't get too vain!! :)

Jane x

Wow! How quickly things change. This was a thread I left on my subscriptions because it was positive and uplifting.

I too believe in "free speech", but I also believe in "if you can't say something nice, don't say nutin' at all". We should all be able to share our thoughts - even differences of opinions in a nice, non-confrontational way. Can we get back to that?

Wow! How quickly things change. This was a thread I left on my subscriptions because it was positive and uplifting.

I too believe in "free speech", but I also believe in "if you can't say something nice, don't say nutin' at all". We should all be able to share our thoughts - even differences of opinions in a nice, non-confrontational way. Can we get back to that?

Amen:crying:...this site is a support group to me and I originally wrote this post for support, and to help others that may be feeling the same way. I sincerely apologize for offending anyone:crying:. Luv you all...

Edited by sleeve 4 me
wording

On another note...today is my pre-op appointment and I'm super excited:thumbup:...have a great day everyone!!!

You are getting so close! Keep us updated on what you learn.

Thank you and god bless you! I agree we should ALL be able to share our THOUGHTS. . . .

Edited by thinoneday