Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

very disappointed in this site

So sorry I missed your post mp8btpc but I have been kinda out of it lately.

I hope things are getting better and you make the best decision for you.

Remember, everything happens for a reason and when one door closes another one opens. (I know, it's sooooo.... cliche but it's true).

Your buddy,

Will

I am sorry for your bad experience. I, too, basically only read threads with titles that grab me. There are just too many to read them all.

I had an abnormal experience with surgery- so I tend to look for other threads that appear with titles that indicated people who had issues.

Wow what if she did give you the wrong drug? It sounds possible according to pccindy. Thank God you weren't alone.Maybe time will heal the terror and you can choose another surgeon.Hugs.

I just read both your blogs, and WOW, I can't believe what you went through, how scary! I just wanted you to know that people do care, and we are all here to listen and support each other. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

so sorry that you had a terrible experience. i am also an ICU nurse and have been a nurse for 22 years. i have to agree with pccindy that this does not sound like a reaction to versed. however.... for any future surgeries you may have, you should tell your health care providers about this situation. so that they can be take extra precautions and observe you in the far chance you have a abnormal response from versed or other medications they may administer. i do recall many years ago taking care of a post cardiac bypass pt that woke up post operation freaked out. he told us that he was awake during surgery and could not move to tell anybody.... he was freaked out!!!! the doctors were telling him that this was not possible until the patient was able to tell the doctors what they discussed during his case, what music they had playing in the or and where they were going for dinner that night..... well then everyone believed him. yes this happened in the good ole USA.

this said... i know that this can happen.... was it a mistake? more then likely. could this have been a rare unknown response your body had from a particular drug..... possible. again so sorry that you did not feel supported. i do not believe that i ever saw your post...... but i am glad that i saw this one so that i could let you know that i am thinking about you and hope you are able to recover soon. kelly

so sorry that you had a terrible experience. i am also an ICU nurse and have been a nurse for 22 years. i have to agree with pccindy that this does not sound like a reaction to versed. however.... for any future surgeries you may have, you should tell your health care providers about this situation. so that they can be take extra precautions and observe you in the far chance you have a abnormal response from versed or other medications they may administer. i do recall many years ago taking care of a post cardiac bypass pt that woke up post operation freaked out. he told us that he was awake during surgery and could not move to tell anybody.... he was freaked out!!!! the doctors were telling him that this was not possible until the patient was able to tell the doctors what they discussed during his case, what music they had playing in the or and where they were going for dinner that night..... well then everyone believed him. yes this happened in the good ole USA.

this said... i know that this can happen.... was it a mistake? more then likely. could this have been a rare unknown response your body had from a particular drug..... possible. again so sorry that you did not feel supported. i do not believe that i ever saw your post...... but i am glad that i saw this one so that i could let you know that i am thinking about you and hope you are able to recover soon. kelly

That is what scares me too now that when I tell an anesthesiologist this they will err on the cautious side and I wont end up totally out during surgery and experience it all! THAT is freaky..

To everyone that read this and my other post thank you and I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone. I was a horrible emotional mess and am making great strides. I should never have expressed myself in such a sissy/needy manner though I think most people understood I was just reaching out to those who had faced the same surgery, had the same expectations and could understand my disapointment in not having the surgery and going through my hellish experience. I obviously was not addressing anyone who had not read the initial post...that would be asanine lol. Even I wasn't that traumatized.

I have a great support system here at home, a great marriage and children. Thank god I even have a great family practioner that I can rely on for direction on where to go next.

I am feeling better daily and am trying to decide what my next move is or am I going to fold and call it a no go for this surgery.

Thank you all again and sorry to those who viewed it as a pathetic.:)

I'm sorry for what you went through - I will be honest and say I had read your post and didn't respond. It wasn't because I didn't care, it wasn't because I didn't want to hear a bad experience or complications... I simply didn't know what to say! Sometimes words don't seem enough for something to big. I'm sorry for what you went through and hope it gets better for you as time goes on.

PCCindy is right. Versed does not have the effects you described. My wife is a RN of 30 years, cath lab trained and critical care certified. She has worked at good facilities and not so good facilities and you got the not so good one. As part of the pre-op prep, instruments, drugs, and all the other items needed are laid out and prepped. Including syringes. You were given your drugs out of order because the syringes were not labeled! The anestiologist was most likely relatively inexperienced (or simply incompetent). Stick with a Center of Excellence preferably at a regular hospital and not a surgeon in a box type place. US vs foreign is a whole other issue that has to be investigated by the patient. It's terrible you went thru that and I would be a total basket case until I got my senses ant then I would be mad as hell! Hope you got a refund. Use it for some R&R then find a reputable doc an d get back in there.

im sorry what happened. i dont get on here as much as i like. i had a revision on 6/28 from the band to the sleeve. i certainly didnt have happen what you did, but the surgery was tougher than the band. it is taking me longer to recover

I'm also an ICU nurse, and I agree with PCindy. Plus, the 'resp depression' usually is the patient breathing too slowly or not deeply enough, not WANTING to breathe and not being able to. Its exactly like someone who drinks a massive amount of alcohol and then passes out on the couch.

The reason its given over two mins is so that it dosent irritate your vein and burn like crazy.

I cant believe that doctor didnt just admit what they did instead of leading you to believe that you have some sort of problem with the drug.

very scary:(

I agree with pcindy. I responded to your first thread and alluded to the fact that you probably received the wrong drug. I too have ICU experience and have given versed IV too many times to count. I am just thankful you are here to "complain":001_smile: about the site. I hope you decide to stay with us. Keep us posted on your road to recovery from this frightening experience. I do hope you will continue to reconsider the sleeve.