Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I leave for Mexico in 2 days to have sleeve surgery with Dr. Aceves. I can't lie....I am very scared. I keep looking at my youngest daughter and think, "am I going to leave her without a mother?" I know that is so morbid. I just can't seem to help it. I am leading such a bad example right now for my 3 girls being overweight, that I am truly confident that this is the right decision, but I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me.

My husband is extremely supportive and knows where I am going and what I am doing. I have told my mother that I am having sleeve surgery but lied and said I was having it in San Diego instead of Mexico. She would not approve of me leaving the country. My father and sister I have totally lied to, I know I am awful lying to my family :) , and told them I was going to a weightloss clinic (Ha, maybe not totally a lie!!!!). I guess I am just feeling broken up over the fact that if something happened to me, I would be going out a liar. I need to do what is right for me and really don't want anyone giving me any doubts or second thoughts. I know this is the best thing I could do for myself and I want this, bad.

Sorry for all the rambling, I just needed a place to get it off my chest. Thank you all so much. Hopefully, I will keep you all posted as to my journey.

Awww....sweetie you need to look at that precious baby girl of yours and know that you are doing this so that you can be around for her for a very long time!!! I was overweight the entire time my boys were growing up and I missed out on so many things we could have done together - I know you are scared, but this is going to be the best thing you could ever do for your daughter!

As far as your family goes, right now you have to think about what you need, and if you don't feel like they will be supportive of your decisions, then wait and tell them later. It will all work out. :thumbup1:

Remember - just breathe! It will all be good, everyone here will send prayers for a smooth procedure and a quick recovery!!!

Kathy

Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you can. I will send you healing thoughts and keep you in my heart. : )

I think we've all had similiar thoughts. But the above poster is right ... you are doing this for you and your family. Setting a good example of how to take control of your health and making sure that you can be around for many years to come.

Let us know how you progress ... looking forward to hearing of your success on the Loser's Bench!

Thank you all so much. Really, could you all be any more wonderful? My anxiety goes in and out. I am feeling better right now! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind words. I am getting oh so much closer to the new me and I can't wait! Love the "just breathe". I always said if I ever got a tattoo, that would be what it would say, funny how that is what you said to me. Love it.

xoxo

i wish you the best as well....i hope you are able to tell the truth as soon as you get back.....all will be well....Dr. Aceves and his team are excellent and everything will be worth it. goodluck and keep us posted.

July 2nd is a great day for surgery...it's my birthday. :thumbup:

I'm sure you will do fine, but I totally understand your anxiety. I had my surgery in Las Vegas (from NC) so when I was leaving home I just kept thinking about my kids at home and all the what ifs. But like you, I kept my focus on the positive changes that the surgery was going to bring into our lives and the better example I would be setting for the kids. I want to be a good example and show them that our family hx of obesity isn't a given and that we CAN do things to help ourselves. :thumbup: Your girls are lucky to have a great Mommy and you will be an even better version of yourself after surgery. :laugh0:

I can only echo the other posts by saying that you are giving your family and yourself a wonderful gift by doing this.

Good luck

Thank you all so much. Of course, today, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all I have to do. My husband isn't the best at being able to take care of the kids without written instructions, so I am working on that and some laundry and haven't even thought about packing yet. I guess I don't really need that much, do I? I really love all you ladies and appreciate your words. I am so excited to put the obese part of my life behind me and claim a fresh start.

I will keep you all posted.

Happy Birthday Angie!!

xoxo

I have been looking into WLS for years now and was under the impression that the lapband would be right for me. However, after further research I have really come to like the VSG. So now it's a matter of gathering more info (can you ever have enough? lol).

I plan to be a self-pay patient because our wonderful insurance companies would rather treat all the comorbidities that come with obesity rather than to treat the actual problem :thumbup1:. So my questions are:

1) Has anyone used Global Surgery Center?

2) Has anyone had VSG surgery with Dr. Edgar Leino?

3) What was the cost?

Look forward to any and all replys!

Thanks,

Rose

Hey Rose. Good luck in your research. If I were you, I would start a new message thread as I think very few people will find your message in this one. I would hate for your question to go unanswered.

By the way, I have never heard of that group.

I leave for Mexico in 2 days to have sleeve surgery with Dr. Aceves. I can't lie....I am very scared. I keep looking at my youngest daughter and think, "am I going to leave her without a mother?" I know that is so morbid. I just can't seem to help it. I am leading such a bad example right now for my 3 girls being overweight, that I am truly confident that this is the right decision, but I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me.

My husband is extremely supportive and knows where I am going and what I am doing. I have told my mother that I am having sleeve surgery but lied and said I was having it in San Diego instead of Mexico. She would not approve of me leaving the country. My father and sister I have totally lied to, I know I am awful lying to my family :thumbup1: , and told them I was going to a weightloss clinic (Ha, maybe not totally a lie!!!!). I guess I am just feeling broken up over the fact that if something happened to me, I would be going out a liar. I need to do what is right for me and really don't want anyone giving me any doubts or second thoughts. I know this is the best thing I could do for myself and I want this, bad.

Sorry for all the rambling, I just needed a place to get it off my chest. Thank you all so much. Hopefully, I will keep you all posted as to my journey.

Hi Momof3,

I will see you down there, I am having my surgery the day after you, so I am sure we will run into each other there. My name is Kelly, so be on the lookout for me. Good luck with your surgery, see you there!

Kelly

It's normal to be scared, I had every faith in surgeon ut still it is an elective surgery and all the baggage we carry aroun as in I should just try one more time maybe this time I'll succeed. Do it for your health,do it so you can be a grandma one day and even tho i didnt use your surgeon there isnt any thing but positive things said about him.Keep us posted you'll be out before you know it. It's an amzing tool .

Edited by cwalker
spelling

Kelly, I can't wait to see you, perhaps on Friday!! I'm the blonde with the really big butt and flabby belly. You can't miss me!

Carla....thank you. You are so sweet and kind. I just feel so much love for all those that take the time to say hello to me and wish me well. Isn't it such a good feeling to know that there are wonderful people out there? Thanks so much.

Much love to all, leaving at 530am, my time tomorrow. See ya!

Best wishes for your surgery Kelly and Jennifer! How cool that you can look out for each other:) I'll look forward to hearing your updates!

VV2010