Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

longest weight loss stall ever!!!

I have been 170 for about 2 weeks now scale moves up and down a pound or two BUT nothing is changing? Has anyone else had a long stall? Its starting to really upset me:mad:

It's just become an official stall if you haven't lost anything for 14 start days. The longest stall I've read about is about 6-8 weeks.

Hang in there, stick with your program, and the scale will move. If you haven't already taken measurements, do it now so you can see that you're probably losing inches instead of pounds. I know it's frustrating, but don't give up and try to not stress. When we stress, our bodies will hang onto weight, Water, etc.

like Tiffy said hang in there, don't get discouraged, alot of us have them and suddenly the scale moves..just don't doubt yourself.

Ditto..... try not to focus on the stall too much, make sure you're getting whatever liquids and Protein you need and exercise if you're cleared to do some.

Good luck - hope it shifts soon - the measurements thing is an excellent idea tho... well worth doing for the satisfaction you'll get from it.

Thanks guys! I just feel like I shouldnt be having such a long stall 5 weeks out. I think im going to call my nut tomorrow. To top it off I took a picture (I hate pictures) yest with a friend and it brought my low even LOWER. OMG I dont see 25lb gone I just see fat ol me. Nothing changed!!!! I was slowly feeling better about myself then BAMMMMM my self esteem dropped back down to nothing. All this food logging and working out is just not helping. Sorry to vent bad 2 days:sad0:

Liv - don't do this to yourself. We've all been there on 'normal' diets where we stay the same for weeks on end - then the reasons were different...

This time you KNOW it'll change.... you just have to be strong during this time and focus on the long term goals.

Look how well you've done - 38lbs lost - thats a huge amount - you're almost half way to your goal.....you've put your body thru such an ordeal that its just its way of rebelling for a bit.

Something has changed - measure yourself. Put on something you used to wear post op.... you'll feel the difference in your clothes after 38lbs.

Compare your dreaded picture with one from pre op..... theres a difference I assure you.

Can you have a chat to your nutritionist about this at all to see if they have any other ideas for you?

Hang in there hun...... we're here for you

Big hugs!!!

Kathy

Liv, you just can't do this to yourself. We didn't get fat overnight, and we can't lose it all overnight. Yes, I know I dropped weight fast, but that doesn't mean I was always happy with the scale. When I had to slow down my loss, honestly, I was kind of pissed when I quit losing so quickly.

You hit the 3 week stall, 95-99% of WLS hit that same stall, and it last a minimum of 2 weeks. Like I said, take measurements, do you feel like your clothes are fitting differently? If you aren't sure, go put on the clothes you wore home from the hospital, and I'll bet you money they are looser? If you are following your dietary guidelines, and exercising, then you will lose. If you are low on calories, throw in a couple of string cheeses, toss in another 50-100 calories ESPECIALLY if you are working out. Every time someone stalls I tell them the same thing, keep doing what you are doing, but throw a wrench in the system. shake things up for your body, and give it a little more fuel. You've dropped 25lbs in 5 weeks, right? When in the past can you say that you've ever done that before. I know it took me a minimum of 2-3 months to drop 25lbs, and that was extreme dieting, and killing myself at the gym.

Don't give up on yourself, and don't give up on your sleeve. This stall you are experiencing is super normal, it will break, and try to remember you're body is just now healing 100% on the inside. It's trying to adjust to what you just did to it, essentially, it's pissed off at you. You took away a huge part of a major organ, you fed it a bunch of liquidy crap for a couple of weeks, it's missing the donuts, and soda (or whatever you ate, just using those as an example), it went through a traumatic surgery, anesthesia, stapling, poking and prodding. Let your body recover, let your mind rest, and give yourself some credit for your amazing results this far. If you continue on this pace with 5lbs a week on average, think of how quick you'll get to goal.

The only way I know to break a stall is to put away the scale. I can only weigh once a month or I go crazy second guessing and feeling like a failure. Sometimes it kills me. I just want to know how much I weigh !!!!! I have to make myself get up and dressed without touching the scale.

Here's the good news. Even if you give up, you'll still loose weight.

Hang in there. I know these stalls are hard.

I've given up several times already.... but I just keep slowly moving forward.

bless this forum.. i too am stuck majorly in a stall i lost 10 kgs a month out and now completing 3 months for the last 2 i have only lost 4 kgs. :thumbup: i dunno i am following diet .. started swiiming and also tried to throw in the wrench. but no go also the scale some tiem goes up like 2 kgs thats 4 bloddy lbs.. those really kill me. i just hoping and prayin .. should i go back to the liquid diet.. and also i get super hugry or may be mind hungry at night..but i really fight it hard as no eating post 7 -8 pm.. any one else had that

My first stall started at day10! I have not lost an ounce in a week! I didnt even make it to the 3 week mark, I too am so discouraged! I knew it would happen but I didnt think it would be within 10 day :thumbup: I know it will break eventually but geesh....

I haven't lost any weight since my second week. I lost 30 lbs in 15 days and I'm on my 6th week post-op (as of today - surgery May 27th) and I haven't lost anything else.

I'm keeping my calories under 800 per day (usually around 500-600 but some days I'm not as careful as others) and I'm getting in 60-80g Protein.

So...I've been in a stall for 3-4 weeks now. Bugger.

I guess it's time to start exercising! I hate humidity too much but I've GOT to get over it if I want to lose another 30 in the next month.

I'm losing super slow and seem to be stalled more than I'm losing. I just keep on keeping on and telling myself it's impossible for the weight not to come off eventually when I'm at a 1,000 daily calorie deficit!

Hang in there! We'll all get there eventually!

the people .. fellows who have had 6 to 8 weeks of stall.. like mine.. how have you broken them.. have you broken them.. i beilve its not that same and simple as a few days stall or few weeks.. im sooo scared.. to fail..

the people .. fellows who have had 6 to 8 weeks of stall.. like mine.. how have you broken them.. have you broken them.. i beilve its not that same and simple as a few days stall or few weeks.. im sooo scared.. to fail..

Mine hasn't broken. I have decided I MUST be eating too much/the wrong thing so I'm putting myself back into a liquid diet and hope that breaks my stall. I was sticking pretty close to 500-600 calories and definitely getting in 60+grams of Protein..anyways. Miserable. That's what I have to say. It's pretty discouraging. :crying:

My first stall lasted almost 3 weeks. I was so upset I called my Dr. He asked a few questions, like was i getting enough exercise, was i still using lots of Protein Shakes. I was using too many shakes, but was getting the exercise. I think once you introduce soft foods, you stall. I have just now started losing a little now. I have lost 30lbs in 7 weeks now, so I dont think that is too bad, neither does the dr. so hang in there, it will start coming off again, and I did continue to lose the inches.