Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

question concerning weight and goal

i weighed myself the morning of my surgery and i was 197.

i would like to weigh 130 or less.

my doctor said at my follow up appt that he could see me losing 40lbs with no problems. i was kinda surprised at that statement since i expected him to say a great amout of weight.

since i was a lower weight than a lot of people of had the sleeve, do you think it's possible for me to hit my goal?

morning of surgery I was 190. my goal is also 130. Of course we can get to goal silly :confused1: Make sure you exercise and don't cheat too much :cursing: I would love to go eat me some ice cream but I feel if I get started on that it will be bad news! still I can't even get in more than 900 cals a day...unless i ate icecream all day or other deliberate sabotages. So it should not be that hard to get to goal. I'm not in a big rush I think by around 6mos though I should be about there I hope or close maybe 140 by 6 mos then go from there. I'm 176 right now almost a month out.

The morning of my surgery I was at 207. I am looking forward to getting to my goal which is 130 also. I believe that it is possible with being careful about what I eat and by exercising. I'm confident that 130 is a great weight for me. I'm sure you can get there too!

I'm hoping for 140lbs... with a pre op weight of 208, and op weight of 202lbs. My Dr seemed to think this was possible.... so I'm thinking in my head say 1lb a week (which allows for the initial weightloss splurge and time for things to stall then settle) so I reckon about a yr....anything before then is a bonus!!

Kathy

Initially 150 was my goal because I feared I could not get any lower but i changed it because I sooooo know I can do it this time and why not go all the way. 130 is my new goal and my starting was 251. I hit 226 this morning 17 days out. I got this. I can do this. And so can you.

My sleeve was 3/3/2010. I weighed 201 the day before surgery and I now weigh 156. My goal was 120 but now I hope to get down to 110 (I'm 5'1"). From the post here, my nut and my Dr - all this is doable. Good luck.

Goal is attainable for every patient in my honest opinion. Statistically, revision patients lose slower, and some do not get to goal. I don't know why, I never really read that much information out there about it, just a few articles here and there.

Anyway, my surgeon didn't expect me to get to goal of 150 at 5'2" because I was a revision, and because of his patient's experience especially with band to RNY revisions. I surpassed is goal by 28-29lbs, and he could not believe it when he saw me almost 2 weeks ago. He hadn't seen me since September 15th (3.5months post revision) due him being deployed overseas. He was simply amazed that I had "gotten so skinny" and looked as great as I do currently.

I was okay with a goal weight of 150lbs. It still had me at an overweight BMI, but I thought I would be okay at that weight. Now, I honestly can't imagine weighing 150lbs. I wouldn't mind hitting 127-130, but anything over that, and I think I'd cut carbs again and drop a few pounds.

I can't gain to save my life right now. **knock on wood**

I think your surgeon was using the 60% rule. You have 67 pounds to hit your (let's call that excess weight). 40 pounds would be 60% of that excess weight (total weight loss) which is considered a success in the bariatric world.

I definitely feel that goal is in reach - for lightweights, mid-weights, and anything beyond. Just follow your plan and YOU WILL SUCCEED!

I wonder why everyone wants to weigh

Oh and by the way, I weigh 130 and had no

trouble what so ever getting to that weight.

I seem to not be able to lose anymore, but at

130 I wear a 6-8 jeans and a small-med top.

I was 192.4 on the day of my surgery on May 11th. I'm 168 now and want to get to 130. I hope that's possible. At this point I am losing very slowly (a pound and a half a week) while eating 600 calories a day, 60-70 grams of Protein and less than 40 grams of carbs. I sure hope it's possible, but I fear that my lifelong history of yoyo dieting has really screwed up my metabolism. I hope that's possible. Anybody else out there like me? I'm 5' 5 1/2.

Deborah

I am 5'6". I want to be 135 so I'll be 5 pounds more than you guys at 130. I picked that weight for 2 reasons: (1) That is about mid-way on the healthy BMI & sounded good to me and (2) I weighed that when I graduated from high school. Of course, at the time I thought I was "fat" ... but looking back at pictures, I looked goooooood!

As of this morning's weigh in, I am 12.8 pounds from goal & smiling as each pound melts away.

On a positive note, the good thing about stalls (just coming out of one) is that you see quite a bit of movement on the scales after one is done.

Mommydog14 ... you are just over a month out of surgery. Your body is still healing and adjusting. I wouldn't consider yourself losing slowly. Pre-surgery, wouldn't you have loved to see a consistent 1.5 pounds a week? You are doing fine. Soon you will be able to exercise and up those calories. The weight WILL come off!

I noticed that one of the other school moms has my build - same height, small frame, small wrists, more legs than upper body. So I boldly told her she looked wonderful and asked her for her weight. It was 142 so I decided 140 is my goal. I was 135 once but I was in my 20s then so we'll see. It was nice of her to tell me her weight I thought (whether she thinks I can even come close to it I don't know and I don't care).

When I lost weight with my band I got down to 160 but looked thinner than I had at that weight in the past. I suspect it was all the pilates. So I'm hoping that'll be true at 140.

I didn't go through everything that I've had to go through not to make it to goal :-). A local nutritionist offers a sleeve program. We decided I won't start it now but will plan to start it later when I really need help going the distance. Either when I'm at goal to make sure I'm doing all the right things to maintain, or if I get stuck a bit above goal like I did with the band.

For now, things are easy enough I don't feel like I need help yet -- but I know I will want to work on food issues at some point.

1st day of mushies today! I bought some Protein oatmeal and plan to give it a whirl later this morning.

Britt

I wonder why everyone wants to weigh

Oh and by the way, I weigh 130 and had no

trouble what so ever getting to that weight.

I seem to not be able to lose anymore, but at

130 I wear a 6-8 jeans and a small-med top.

I don't, just to be different I want to weigh 133lbs! :)

I don't, just to be different I want to weigh 133lbs! :thumbup:

LOL!!!!! :lol0: :thumbup1: :lol0: :thumbup: :lol0: