Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am officially sleeved!

At the Int Hospital in TJ.

I have the procedure last evening around 6:30pm by Dr. Osuna.

She is a great surgeon and this hospital is awesome. Nice and clean, friendly staff, modern.

I have horrible gas today and trying to walk it off. If I sit for to long it get's worse, I also feel ravished I could eat a whole cow. I hope that dimishes.

I can't wait to get home and back to my normal life.

Cheers!

Will

Hi will I went to the clinic yesterday just to visit I was presently suprized, clean great staff and I didn't even have an appointment nor was I schuduled to have it done. I met with Dr Lopez her Husband. I Live in San Diego so just wanted to check it out. as soon as I got home I scheduled with her husband. Dr Lopez Ortega 8 July 2010

Gratz Will. I'm glad you are doing well, and hope that darn gas lets up soon. Walking is the best thing you can do, just remember to sip, sip, sip. Take care, and best of luck. Keep us posted.

Hi will I went to the clinic yesterday just to visit I was presently suprized, clean great staff and I didn't even have an appointment nor was I schuduled to have it done. I met with Dr Lopez her Husband. I Live in San Diego so just wanted to check it out. as soon as I got home I scheduled with her husband. Dr Lopez Ortega 8 July 2010

Hey where you the blonde lady standing at the counter? Talking to Lopez.

I am the guy in the room right across from the reception desk. I am wearing a re t-shirt schlepping an IV pole around.

My night nurse didn't speak any english so you may want to bring a translation dictionary.

I am really suprised no one on this board has mentioned this place because it's awesome.

Will

Gratz Will. I'm glad you are doing well, and hope that darn gas lets up soon. Walking is the best thing you can do, just remember to sip, sip, sip. Take care, and best of luck. Keep us posted.

Yeah this gas is horrible. I've been walking steady all day today. Dr. Osuna said the extreme hunger feeling is probably acid. I hope it goes away it was bumming me out earlier. I was praying it wouldn't feel like this forever.

Cheers!

Will

Congratulations on getting your surgery done! It was such a relief to me when it was over and I could start the recovery process and get moving in the direction I wanted! I took Gas-X pills at the beginning but that went away within the first week for me.

Keep us updated on how you're doing!

I got some gas-x strips I'll give then a try. I have a 10hr plane flight back to Canada on Tuesday I don't want to gas every one on the plane.

Will

Will, that's wonderful for you! Hope gas moves on out soon and you start feeling better! I haven't heard of these doctors. Do you know if they have a website or something? I'm researchin now, surgery next yr! Good luck!

Hi Krystl

This is their website http://www.belitemexico.com/ I went through one of the coordinators, Joanne. They run a 5999 special with Dr. Osuna and Ortega. Reqular price is 6700

Everything is great here. I was actually suspicious because it was to clean and sterile.

Staff is really friendly and attentive and the doctors are always around.

Good luck on your journey.

Will

Edited by citizenwill
re worded

I got some gas-x strips I'll give then a try. I have a 10hr plane flight back to Canada on Tuesday I don't want to gas every one on the plane.

Will

10 hours on a plane :) Yuck! Be careful not to lift your baggage, Will. When I flew after surgery I asked for wheelchair assistance and they did all the lifting for me. It ended up being a bonus situation because I didn't have to stand in any security lines; they wheeled me right up to the front like I was a VIP! My hubby picked me up at the airport and he took over the lifting from there.

Be sure to walk the aisles when you can and have fluids by you at all times. I hope you have enough reading materials to entertain yourself, or even better, you are able to sleep during the trip!

Getting home will feel good.

Will

Hope your feeling better, ditto to what breezy said! Thanks for the information!

Keep us updated!

Krystl

Hi Will,

So glad to hear your surgery went well! I'm getting very excited for my surgery with Drs. Osuna & Ortega on the 8th, it's right around the corner!

Take care, and hope you feel better soon.

NWgal

Congratulations Will!! Welcome to the losers bench. I am so glad everything went well for you! What you are experiencing is normal. Instead of the Gas-X, get a PPI like Prilosec or nexium. They stop acid production. The doctors usually put people on them right away. What you want is the active ingredient 20 MG Omeprazole. It makes you feel a lot better. Best of luck on your recovery and your trip home. Les

I already requested the wheelchair for the flight. If I don't need it I will definitely be request preboarding.

Thanks for the tip about the PPI Les. I emailed my partner to grab me some for when I get back.

I'm just chilling in the hotel today. Not up to much adventuring, just R&R.

It took about 2 and a half days for me to feel way better. I never thought the discomfort would end. And was wondering what the hell I had done to myself. lol... Once they took that awful drain tube out things really started improving.

I'm glad I took the extra day. I should be well rested up for the trip back tomorrow. I got lots of gossip rags for the trip. Plus flying knocks me out immediately so I should end up sleeping most of the way.

Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts.

Peace.

Will

Rest is the best. Walking is good for the gas. Be sure to drink you liquids so you don't get dehydrated, and you will be fine. It gets better every day. It took a lot of guts for you to do this by yourself. The first week was really rough for me. When I got home I couldn't get comfortable in any position. It took me longer to heal only because I am in my fifties and I have had heart and back surgeries. I will have one more back surgery in October, and after that, I should be fine. Does your hotel have a gift shop? they might have prilosec, or nexium in the gift shop. Worth checking into. Take care, Les