Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's sleeving in July?

I am having my sleeve done 7/12, really nervous but ready. Was told to do all liquids today. I have read that some ppl had to do 2 weeks of a liquid diet I dont know how they do it I am starving and its almost 1 pm. Whis me luck guys im ready to start my new life tomarrow :)

My husband is very ok with the surgery in Cancun, my extended family and friends are freaking out. Me, I am just plain excited! I hate wishing life away, but I find myself doing that. My Preop starts on Sunday, only 5 days but is kind of puts the damper on Cancun. Oh well, it isn't a vacation, it is the start of my new life!

Can't wait to hear how you come out!

Dawn

Know what you mean about it not being a vacation...but we're squeezing in a little mini-vaca the day before and then on the 5th day after surgery we have plans. Hopefully the trip post-op will be comfortable. fingers crossed

Sorry it has been so long. I have pretty much woke up long enough to take my meds, try to drink something, walk as much as I can, use the bathroom, then I go back to sleep. I am unsure why but I had alot of scar tissue making my one hour surgery last over two hours. He said that since he did so much moving around in the surgery it will take me longer than most to recover. I am slowing getting better though. I made myself drink some warm chicken broth last night and it felt pretty good. They told me that it will be tight when I first wake up and anything warm will help. I'm not jumping back as fast as I hoped but each day gets better and better. I take my pain meds like clock work since I know from working at the hospital it is never good to wait to take them until you are really hurting since it is hard to get the pain under control. I'm just glad that I am at my sisters where I don't have to watch the boys, clean, or anything. I honestly am tired after a short walk. How is everyone else doing?

Its ok I was just worried about you. Take care of yourself and get well. How was Dr Rodriquez ? were you in INT hospital if so how was that ? I have less than a week next wedensday : > I cant wait but a LITTLE NERVOUS. Im thinking about you glad your recuping.

Well I had my surgery on the 12th of july I had to stay 2 night due to not being able to drink Water. I am home doing well now I only took pain meds one day, i went on a small walk feeling good. Now the down falls smelling food im still hungry, seeing food still makes me want it, the gas KILLS but i am drining my Clear Liquids not as much as i should but i am.

Well I had my surgery on the 12th of july I had to stay 2 night due to not being able to drink Water. I am home doing well now I only took pain meds one day, i went on a small walk feeling good. Now the down falls smelling food im still hungry, seeing food still makes me want it, the gas KILLS but i am drining my clear liquids not as much as i should but i am.

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. I understand the food issues now that I feel better today. But the crazy thing is I would think I was hungry enough to eat the chicken sandwich I seen my mom eating and then find myself full from 1/3 cup of chicken broth or a few bits of Jello.

---------------

I didn't nap once today and I was able to drink all though the day without getting sick. When I went to Mexico I could keep anything down until the morning I left. I think my main issue was I forgot my gas-x strips and those have been my life saver. Instead of taking pain meds I would use a strip and take a walk. It was amazing how much of a difference if made. My sister says I looked dead the first few days. My eyes change to yellow when I sick so Im so I didn't look the best lol.. I'm still on clear liquids until Monday then I can start to have some full liquids. What can I drink that is clear and has protien?

The clear liquid I drink is Isopure it is expensive but has 40 grams of Protein, I got mine at GNC

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. I understand the food issues now that I feel better today. But the crazy thing is I would think I was hungry enough to eat the chicken sandwich I seen my mom eating and then find myself full from 1/3 cup of chicken broth or a few bits of Jello.

---------------

I didn't nap once today and I was able to drink all though the day without getting sick. When I went to Mexico I could keep anything down until the morning I left. I think my main issue was I forgot my gas-x strips and those have been my life saver. Instead of taking pain meds I would use a strip and take a walk. It was amazing how much of a difference if made. My sister says I looked dead the first few days. My eyes change to yellow when I sick so Im so I didn't look the best lol.. I'm still on clear liquids until Monday then I can start to have some full liquids. What can I drink that is clear and has protien?

How's everyone doing? I'm feeling finer than frog hair. Just wish I had done this 10 or 20 years ago!

Seriously, though, any tips on the burps and throat gurgles? They are annoying. Going to try GasX strips to see if that helps.

I am having my surgery July 1st in Monterrey Mexico with Dr. Miguel Zapata. I wish you the best!!!

Nightingale, I am thinking about going to this doctor. What was your experience like?

Hey all,

I too was sleeved in July... 3rd is my date... for those of you who were sleeved on the 16th that is my wedding anniversary... and indeed a special day for all!!

I seem to be doing ok, lost 30lb so far and I am pleased with that... it isn't consistent though, some weeks nothing others 3lb... that can be a little frustrating but at least it is coming off!! I have NEVER lost this much in 9 weeks before so that is a bonus and keeps me going!

I've started to receive nice comments, 'Oh you're looking good' and my favourite ' Bloody hell Coops, how much weight have you lost?!!' ...lol

Hope everyone is doing well and would love to hear your stories and any advice!

Just wondering how everyone is doing. I had my sleeve plication on July 16th. I've lost 54 lbs so far. 29 to go.

Hey all,

I too was sleeved in July... 3rd is my date... for those of you who were sleeved on the 16th that is my wedding anniversary... and indeed a special day for all!!

I seem to be doing ok, lost 30lb so far and I am pleased with that... it isn't consistent though, some weeks nothing others 3lb... that can be a little frustrating but at least it is coming off!! I have NEVER lost this much in 9 weeks before so that is a bonus and keeps me going!

I've started to receive nice comments, 'Oh you're looking good' and my favourite ' Bloody hell Coops, how much weight have you lost?!!' ...lol

Hope everyone is doing well and would love to hear your stories and any advice!