Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you experience your stall?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When did you experience your stall?

• Week 2+
    • Week 3+
    • Week 4+
    • Week 5+

Hey girl we are going to Universal on the 15th! I am so excited and praying I will fit in all the rides :) I have a question for you, Did you make it till 21 days on all liquids? I am struggling BAD with it right now. I am so tired of liquids and not at all satisfied. I really want some tuna or grits/oatmeal ect. How did you do? Thanks!

I seemed to stall out a little when I went from full liquids to mushies. But I am steadily losing. I am a daily scale jumper too, hey it keeps me motivated to log my food everyday! About every 4 or 5 days the scale is either the same or will jump up a little and i simply do not record weight on those days cause it always goes down the next day. I am following a very low carb plan although I allow myself some flexibility on Saturday due to the weekend and trying to take a break but I am back on my strict plan Sunday through Friday. I also noticed during my period I do gain so again, I don't record weight at that time.

I am averaging a 2.5 to 3 pound loss each week. I consider that safe and great! My immediate goal is to be below 150 in time for my trip to Disney that is in 14 days. I have 4 pounds to go! My next challenge will be to stay on my plan during that week of vacation with my family. Although walking around Disney and the Water park should help with weight loss!

I also notice, if I am religious about getting my fluids in, my weight loss is consistent and good.

I didn't ever "stall" by definition until this month. I hit 80# lost and then stopped for 2 weeks and a couple of days. Just this week I threw off another five pounds - yay. I have noticed, also, that at every "decade" - every 10 pounds - I would not lose weight for 4-5 days or so, it was funny, actually, and got to be expected - as frustrating as it is. At least I knew it was coming. I'm guessing the stall this month is simply because I am near bottoming out - reaching goal and my body is trying to find it's happy medium. Yay for all of us!!!!

C

I have found that only weighing on Wednesdays helps me. I'd get major OCD, step on, step off, step on again, and so on. I have hit a couple of week long stalls, and they bum me out, but then the next week I'm down again.

I've decided to stop weighing every day. It's been several days now and I miss jumping on and seeing a little loss every day. But I think my weight loss has slowed because I am eating a little more than I was. I hope I'm not stretching my stomach! That would be revolting! But I definitely can consume more than I was. Perhaps it's just that the swelling from the surgery is gone?

I seriously am at the point of depression.....I lost 20 the first 10 days and the last 14 I MAYBE have got 5 pounds off Why is this happening??? This was my biggest fear about the surgery THAT IT WOULDNT WORK. My body has really changed I have lost tons of inches and down 2 sizes in pants (depending on the pants) BUT THE scale IS NOT MOVING

Edited by Mommyof4

I seriously am at the point of depression.....I lost 20 the first 10 days and the last 14 I MAYBE have got 5 pounds off Why is this happening??? This was my biggest fear about the surgery THAT IT WOULDNT WORK. My body has really changed I have lost tons of inches and down 2 sizes in pants (depending on the pants) BUT THE scale IS NOT MOVING

I know exactly how you feel! I lost 17 in days but since then NOTHING! Not one oz!!!! It is so depressing!!!!!!!!!! I too feared I am going to be the person it doesnt work for!

You really shouldn't get depressed.... 24lbs in 25 days?? Come on... when have you ever lost that much weight in that time? Thats about 1lb a day if you average it out.... which is very good.

You've put your body thru surgery and pre op diet hell and liquids etc.... its bound to react a bit and slow down to reassess what you're doing to it.

Just stick with it and you'll start seeing a loss again soon.

You said yourself you've lost tons of inches.... well thats another bonus to figure into it all.

Chin up babe!

That is what I was thinking. Why sweat the numbers on the scale as much if your body is showing real progress? The scales will move eventually. I promise. I have been out from surgery 3 weeks and have only lost 9 pounds. I know my body looks better though and I hold on to that. Don't get me wrong, I want the scale numbers to go down but I can live with the tape measure going down until then.

It is very hard to do but PUT AWAY THE SCALES! At least for a few days.

Then, what I've learned is that (if you're really sticking to the low-cal program) your body has begun to hang on to every calorie because it thinks it's starving. That is quite common. Honestly this sounds counterintuitive but eat more calories for a couple of days. I promise you it will tell your body that you aren't starving it and your body will then allow you to realize a weight loss again.

It is really how it works. The other way to do it, if you don't trust what I'm telling you, is to increase your exercise by a lot. But when you're eating very little and your body is hanging onto everything you eat, it's in starvation mode. If you increase your exercise (which will work for seeing a loss) but you aren't taking in enough Protein, it can be very hard on your muscles, including your heart.

I'm no medical professional so go ask the medical pros in your life. If they say I'm wrong, then it's because they haven't had enough experience to understand the phenomenon.

Don't forget that unless there is 14 consecutive days before you are not considered to have a stall. I will sometimes lose very little one week and then there is always one day where it just happens quickly. Hang in there!!!!

What I thought might be my stall has turned into a blip... and I have started shedding again after a few days, so not considered a 2 weeker...

But what is interesting is there doesn't seem to be any general rule for when stalls happen as the poll shows... I did think maybe it was mostly at a certain week out from surgery but it appears not... just depending on the individual.

I am out 25 days. I was down 17 lbs but gained back 3lbs in the last two days. Go figure, the last two days I actually started jogging again (2.5 miles) and I gain weight. Oh well, I'm sure it won't last:confused1: