Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

vkgirl - Thats a long wait. I know that I took 6 months but that was my fault for not loseing the 10% faster lol! the average wait is 3 months for Kaiser Fremont.

Stacey- I am so glad you made that decision. Anything you need or want to know just ask and we will do our best to help you get the answers!

Monica- Thinking about you, I know Dr. Chu took real good care of you! post with an update as soon as you can :thumbup:

Tina- you are welcomed to hang out here as much as you like. There is a ton of informatio to be spread lol! Yes Lee is on this site as well. I think she is on vacay in France right now lol!

Chrissy, my bff :) I love our talks :)

Here is the link to another board that has all sleevsters and some of them ar 3-5 years out:

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

Thanks for the link Ashley, it looks like a great site! I am sure I will have a lot of questions as I go along, but I guess my first question is what weight do they use to set your pre-op weight loss goal? Is it from orientation or from the surgeon's appt?

Hey Tina! Yeah I never ever wanted to say something because I knew that I would offend someone but I have had 10 banded people tell me DON'T get it get the sleeve. This is before I was sleeved of course. I wanted the band when I started and was all gung ho for the band. Then, when I met everyone and saw the pb, all they could eat, the fills, unfills, then read everything about the band on this site it really freaked me out! There are a lot of banders that told me GET THE SLEEVE. Now I am so happy they did. I also see how much my band friends can eat and it's like wait-you had surgery??? so I understand. I would support ya all the way! You have bad luck like me so I figured man if there are complications it would happen to me. (with the band) When I did my research i could not find any complications with the sleeve. I thought there has to be some right?? still looking.. I mean I know there can be a leak but they test you twice for that. Once under the knife, then the nect day you get a barium swallow in radiology then your good! I already have had hernia surgery and KNEW i would have no problems with the staples cause I already have them in me! I know many are happy with their bands too, but many people don't know that there IS issues until they actually get inside there and look. I am glad your looking into it. It seems safer for you in the long hall. xoxox Tina! Whatever you decide I am your CHEERING SECTION!!!!! WE I MEAN!!!!!

Tina- I ditto Chrissy's thoughts :)

Stacey- They use your past weights as well as your orientation weight. It would be a great thing if you lost some between your orientation and surgeon apt. because that shows them commitment and that you are ahead of the game :)

Chrissy you are only 10 lbs. below me girl :) I know it's not a competition but hey if you catch up and get skinner then me all my clothes will be to big for you lol!!!!

I am serious considering it and have been researching. Now to see what Kaiser things about it. If they were to give the go ahead I will do it. I have to be carefule what I say over there I don't want people who want the band to be discouraged. But I know several other people besides me that want revisions but won't say it online :-} If I get the ok they would probably follow me.

I just want it cause I am having complications and Kaiser is very aware of it. I am not sailing through being a bandster.

LOL. Yep we can eat alot sometimes other times Water won't go down.

I am gonna check out the the site you posted and she how things are long term..........

They started the sleeve 6 months after I got banded but I would have taken the sleeve if offered.

I would be afraid that with my luck I would be the one that has a leak or a to small stomach or something!! LOL. So I am gonna watch you Chrissy and see how it goes :-)

I can't wait to get started! I get so wound up about stuff, my husband booked a hotel room in Richmond so I wouldn't be late for orientation. We live in Novato and I was afraid I would get there and they would have already locked the doors! :scared0:

lol You will be just fine Stacey :scared0:

Stacy Yeah Liz is a B*tch just to warn you. I was warned so I kept my mouth shut. She is way ruse. Made a lady almost cry at my orientation! She screamed at some ol;der woman for having gum. Just ignore her-that is what I did and that was very hard for me. lol! Robin I like her she is our dietician. I have DR. IM and LOVE LOVE LOVE him. Wear your heaviest jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, shoes heaviest everything to the first weigh in!!!! lol..a little trick. hee hee. anyways. Dr. Baggs I have heard great things about him. I have heard not so nice things about Dr. Fisher but he is older and old school and WAY strict of weight. Dr. Bags is really easy on weight from everyone I ever met. I had to loose 222 pounds but Dr. Im made everyone else I met in the program only loose 10!! I was like wtf?? hah ha I have not ONE complaint with Dr. Im. I loved him and think he is wonderful. I wanted him or Baggs. The other two park (a woman) and Fisher is the STRICT ONE. He gave a bander 80 something pounds to loose! CRAZY. DONT be late they will close the doors it is a little silly how strict they are. NO JOKE! Just stay there for your break too. She locked 2 people out cause they were late from break but there was a long line in the restroom! My husband was there with me and he had some not so nice words to say. ha ha.

Tina I am all for you whatever you decide! This surgery seems so simple and too good to be true dosent it? Ash says she now can eat what she wants and be completely satisfied, john too just smaller amounts! Seems like a dream! I would do EVERYTHING it takes to get that revision! I know what you mean. A LOT of people on the board would switch but just don't say anything. I proll have already rocked the boat over there enough but ohh well! It is just super duper scary about all the things that can happen. And most of these people that are saying this lived through it and had the band! Check out that chick Tiffykins-her story is nuts.

Haha! Thanks for the advice Chrissy! I will definitely wear something heavy, but I think they would wonder about me if I wore a sweater in July! And no gum for me, I will remember that one too. :thumbup1:

Kaiser's big thing, is that they want to see you make the effort before surgery. So everytime you go in for orientation or a class, etc., they want to see some weight loss. That is why the person who advised you on wearing heaviy clothering to orientation was very good advice. It takes the pressure off of losing a bit, and give you more control. You will love your sleeve, believe me.

Sounds like a good idea to me, I will have to come up with a good outfit to wear..with lots of pockets!

Hi Chrissy,

I am glad you started a Sacramento Kaiser thread here. I am hoping someone can tell me when the next support group will be held at the Point West center? I am suppose to attend one before my surgery and was under the impression that there was one being held this Sat June 26th. Can anyone confirm that???

Thank you!