Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Left overs are still a problem at 17 months out. I sometimes reheat things in the microwave and it just dries it out, even for just a few seconds. If I cook a steak or something, I try to leave part of it just semi cooked so that I can reheat in a little butter on the stovetop, just enough to take the chill off it.

It's a beautiful thing now at 17 months to be able to eat a decent size green salad with a little Protein on it. fruit is also my friend now and I don't gain as quickly if I eat a piece of fruit per day.

Heather, I'm glad you're feeling better! I get it about the egg visual. I have always weighed my food on the scale as I don't like squishing it into a measuring cup. I've always been able to eat more shrimp,salmon, tilapia etc than chicken/pork/red meat. I can now eat a really respectable serving of salmon with a few spears of asparagus or salad on the side.

Life isn't always in 2 ounce servings once you get further out. :)

Hi-

today was the first day- 3 meals- all went good, although between breakfast and lunch I had several fainting spells.

I'm happy you had 3 meals, but fainting? You poor thing! Why do you think that happened?

Neil, are you taking blood pressure meds? It sounds like your BP is getting low? I know that low BP can cause fainting spells. Please call your PCP today to get it checked out.

After I started losing a lot of weight I was having those spells where I'd get light headed and almost faint. Turned out my bp was too low and they took me off my bp meds. Get it checked. Lisa

Hi-

I have e-mails into my PCF, dietician and surgeon... I suspect they all were out late last night at fireworks... :)

I am not on Bp meds- been off about 2 years.

I am more worried about my blood sugars.

reading on the net- and prior surgeon consult said liquids- I am working on making it over 80 oz. today.

the dizziness started yesterday right before lunch and lasted about two hours....

my suspicion is I may not be eating enough. the transition to stage III has been hard.

Neil, How can we help with your transition. What's on your current stage, food wise? Maybe we can throw out ideas of what we were eating at that stage. I ask because SSF and Richmond have different binders.

Hey Neil,

I know Kaiser pushes 3 meals a day, no Snacks, period, but I haven't been able to do that. I eat very small meals and will always have a snack of some type in between to keep me going. String cheese is a favorite along with a piece of lunch meat. Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Hi-

I have e-mails into my PCF, dietician and surgeon... I suspect they all were out late last night at fireworks... :)

I am not on Bp meds- been off about 2 years.

I am more worried about my blood sugars.

reading on the net- and prior surgeon consult said liquids- I am working on making it over 80 oz. today.

the dizziness started yesterday right before lunch and lasted about two hours....

my suspicion is I may not be eating enough. the transition to stage III has been hard.

Lee, Dargar,

I am suppose to transition to things like eggs, tuna, cooked chicken (can) deli meats, cheeses

as well as stage II foods.

so far the lil rascal likes chili, egg salad, scrambled egg, cheese, tuna... and yesterday 3 bites of a dressed turkey burger... I shared with my wife, and gave the rest to my doggie...

deli meats and mashed potatoes not so much.

went in for a CBC. don;t know where the surgeon is going... also told me to stop Bp meds-

I haven't taken any in 2 years...

Hey Neil,

How did the tuna go down? I'm only a week ahead of you and have been a little afraid to try tuna. I've had deviled eggs and avocado too which was delicious, but I can't really do the egg whites yet. They gross me out a little.

Lee, Dargar,

I am suppose to transition to things like eggs, tuna, cooked chicken (can) deli meats, cheeses

as well as stage II foods.

so far the lil rascal likes chili, egg salad, scrambled egg, cheese, tuna... and yesterday 3 bites of a dressed turkey burger... I shared with my wife, and gave the rest to my doggie...

deli meats and mashed potatoes not so much.

went in for a CBC. don;t know where the surgeon is going... also told me to stop Bp meds-

I haven't taken any in 2 years...

Hello all,

I went to my follow up with Dr Alami today. The day he released me from the hospital he told me not to weigh myself until my todays appt. I complied and was so shocked that I lost 13lbs in 13 days. My blood pressure was low so I need to make my appt with my PCP to adjust my meds. He advanced me to stage III today. I had 2 pieces of deli turkey, cheese and 1 cracker. It went down ok... I guess I will play it by ear from here. Kind of scared to try the eggs. I really need to work on my Water intake. Also I caught a bad cold this weekend and my asthma is kicking my butt.

Chef what is up with you almost faintin?. Do you think you are getting enough Protein in? I usually go for the greek yogurt and Protein shakes to put me over 50 grams of Protein. Please get that checked out.

Neil, you're lucky that eggs go down. I couldn't do things like eggs and tuna until I was around 5 months out. I remember getting chicken at costco and making baby chicken salad portions. The costco dark meat was pretty moist. For me it was keeping things very moist or else I couldn't keep them down. I tried to make my Protein have the biggest Protein bang for the amount I could eat. Things like ground beef with sour cream on it were my friend. Trader Joe's used to have buffalo burgers (they might still) that were very high in protein. Shrimp was a go to food for me. I'd cook it in a little butter and add meyer lemon to make it very moist. I think I pretty much lived on shrimp the first few months. My friend Bonnie ate a lot of Sashimi but it wasn't friendly to my sleeve so I went for the shrimp.

Baby, congrats on the 13 pounds!! That so rocks! Sorry about that cold you caught.

Darlene, I've just re-discovered avocado which I'm putting on salads. Good for you for jumping right in! I'm glad you're doing so well.

Tonight is the Kaiser Richmond meeting. 6pm on the 3rd floor if anyone is interested. I'll be there.

Dargar- tuna was good- 3 crackers and 2 oz.

1 can = 3 meals :D

Lee- my tests came back normal... besides drinking all day long... I am going to make effort in eating

the Protein today, shake has 54g and lunch will be tuna...

Dinner-

I am making a lasagna today...

going to grill veggies (red peppers, onions and zucchini)

then cook ground turkey, add seasonings and chopped spinach. when cool add ricotta and parma cheese.

then layer the grilled veggies where Pasta should be, ricotta meat mixture, sauce and mozz. cheese.< /p>

3 layers with sliced fresh tomatoes on top

bake it up...

:P

Dargar- tuna was good- 3 crackers and 2 oz.

1 can = 3 meals :D

Lee- my tests came back normal... besides drinking all day long... I am going to make effort in eating

the Protein today, shake has 54g and lunch will be tuna...

Dinner-

I am making a lasagna today...

going to grill veggies (red peppers, onions and zucchini)

then cook ground turkey, add seasonings and chopped spinach. when cool add ricotta and parma cheese.

then layer the grilled veggies where Pasta should be, ricotta meat mixture, sauce and mozz. cheese.< /p>

3 layers with sliced fresh tomatoes on top

bake it up...

Wow Chef that sounds sooooooooooooooooo good. We are coming over for dinner. lol :P

:P

Wow Chef that sounds sooooooooooooooooo good. We are coming over for dinner. lol :P

there will be plenty...

my Breakfast, didn't stay down...sad.gif thinking of super soft foods rest of day... year..... life....