Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Hey Baby,

I felt great my first week with the exception of the gas pains and of course the pain from the incisions. The second week was must worse for me. I ended up with a bladder infection (frrom the catheter) that turned into a kidney infection, and also was feeling this intense pressure/pain when I ate anything. Turns out the pressure/pain was due to swelling that had not gone down yet. Thankfully, the gas pains went away after about a week, but they were very uncomfortable until they did! It'll get better, don't worry! :)

Hey Dargar,

If I can just get rid of this gas it will be great. I stop drinking the premixed Protein Drinks and replaced it with powder and silk milk to see if that will help with the gas. I been walking and getting around but this gas will not budge. I went to a concert last night. I have my pain meds on hand but I was fine. It was at a small venue and we had reserve seating. Today I got up and went to church. I feel pretty good but would feel even better if this bloating feeling pass.

Let me know how you do going back to work tomorrow. I would imagne having more time off. I'm up at 6am moving around but by the time 10am rolls around I'm tired and need a nap. I nap a couple of times a day.... Hopefully I am ready to go back to work on July 18th or I will need more time. I would hate to go back to work to have to go back out on disability again. What I cant understand is they gave lap band patients 4-6 weeks off and that is a less invasive surgery. Dr Alami said after the 10th day I will be bored at home. ( I doubt that seriously) But we will see. He said the time allotted off is mainly you getting use to eating with your sleeve. I just hope I have the energy to go back on the 18th

What I cant understand is they gave lap band patients 4-6 weeks off and that is a less invasive surgery.

I was wondering about that too! All my banded friends had 6 weeks! 3 weeks just doesn't seem long enough. Everyone I know that has had their gallbladder out has had 6 weeks off. I'm having the sleeve and the gallbladder out and I only get 3 weeks? I'm so afraid I won't have the energy to get through my work day. One thing a friend suggested is to talk to your PCP and ask for more time off work. I'm hoping I'll be up for it when my 3 weeks is up but if not,I'll be talking to my PCP to either ask for more time or to go half days for a bit.

Hello everybody!!! Sunshine here I'm brand new to this forum and at the beginning stages of WLS!! I just got my referral from my Dr here in Sacramento and am waiting for Richmond Kaiser to call me for my orientation date!! I'm really excited and have read so many of your stories and so many of them make me feel that much more comfortable about having the surgery done!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!

YEAH!!! So glad to see another "local" Kaiser. :) It goes by soooo fast through RIchmond, be prepared for a speedy process.

I was sleeved on May 18....doing fabulous. just over 21 lbs down in 5 weeks.

Keep us posted!

Dargar- How was your 1st day back at work? I really hope u werent too wiped out.

Oval- thats great 21 lbs. I will be glad when I start seeing the weight come off.Hello All,

I have been on this journey for over 2 yrs and I have finally arrived to the losers bench. I was sleeved last Wed the 22nd and was released Fri the 24th. The Dr's and nurses were great with the exception of the Radiology Dr but that's another story. I did call the manager of Radiology and made a complaint. She said she takes this very seriously especially since my stay there was great with the exception of him. He said he will inform the Chief of Radiology and will go from there :D I will not let that jerk rain on my parade. My favorite nurse was ERNIE I was sleeved by Dr Alami. With the assistance with Dr Le they did the 1 incision thru the belly button. I was a lil nauseated after surgery but that all went away once they discontinued the morphine. I appreciate Dr Alami making SURE I was ok to go home. I didnt mind staying the extra day. I am doing and moving around great that I was able to attend a concert on Sat at a small intimate venue. It was kind of weird that my table was sipping on wine while I was sipping on Water. NO REGRETS! It didnt not bother me at all. I also went to church on Sunday and was able to wear heels with my flip flops close by :P . I stopped the Tylenol on Sunday and I am doing fine. I am able to get in 45-50 gram of Protein in a day. I just really need to improve on my water intake. I am only able to take in about 24oz a day. I need to do better. Its still a trip to me on how little I can eat. I try to go for things high in protein because they say that can prevent your hair from shedding :o I have no craving so far and it doesnt bother me when my kids are cooking. I hope it stays that way. My surgeon told me not to weigh myself until my appt with him on the 5th :blink: I will try to comply :unsure:

Hey Baby,

It sounds like you are doing great! My first couple days back to work have been crazy, but my energy level hasn't been bad. I've been tired at night, and went to bed by 9 last night, but it's to be expected since I'm up at 5:30am. Today was better, but I know I'll crash early again. Coming back at three weeks was actually pretty okay for me so far, so I can't complain. I'm able to eat a little more, and I bring my lunch to work with me, but I did forget it yesterday so I had to run to Raley's and grab some lunch meat and string cheese.

I weighed myself at the end of my first week and had lost 15 pounds! I was stoked!! I've lost 24 pounds so far since surgery, and 39 total since October which really makes me happy. You are close behind me!!

Dargar- How was your 1st day back at work? I really hope u werent too wiped out.

Oval- thats great 21 lbs. I will be glad when I start seeing the weight come off.Hello All,

I have been on this journey for over 2 yrs and I have finally arrived to the losers bench. I was sleeved last Wed the 22nd and was released Fri the 24th. The Dr's and nurses were great with the exception of the Radiology Dr but that's another story. I did call the manager of Radiology and made a complaint. She said she takes this very seriously especially since my stay there was great with the exception of him. He said he will inform the Chief of Radiology and will go from there :D I will not let that jerk rain on my parade. My favorite nurse was ERNIE I was sleeved by Dr Alami. With the assistance with Dr Le they did the 1 incision thru the belly button. I was a lil nauseated after surgery but that all went away once they discontinued the morphine. I appreciate Dr Alami making SURE I was ok to go home. I didnt mind staying the extra day. I am doing and moving around great that I was able to attend a concert on Sat at a small intimate venue. It was kind of weird that my table was sipping on wine while I was sipping on Water. NO REGRETS! It didnt not bother me at all. I also went to church on Sunday and was able to wear heels with my flip flops close by :P . I stopped the Tylenol on Sunday and I am doing fine. I am able to get in 45-50 gram of Protein in a day. I just really need to improve on my water intake. I am only able to take in about 24oz a day. I need to do better. Its still a trip to me on how little I can eat. I try to go for things high in protein because they say that can prevent your hair from shedding :o I have no craving so far and it doesnt bother me when my kids are cooking. I hope it stays that way. My surgeon told me not to weigh myself until my appt with him on the 5th :blink: I will try to comply :unsure:

Good going Darlene. Glad you ate doing so great. Lisa

There is a homeopathic remedy that I got at the pharmacy that is called Carbo Vegetabilis. It was recommended by the homeopthic pharmacist when I asked for something to combat gas. I used it both for my gall bladder removal as well as my VSG and never suffered from gas. They're tiny homeopathic balls that you toss several under your tongue. The pharacist said that I could also throw some into my drinking Water and it would help. I didn't actually try that as I never had any gas by just tossing a few under my tongue. I've seen it on Amazon and also at Whole Foods.

Hi Sunshine, you'll make new friends on this board. The process goes pretty fast overall. I'm hoping to get mine done by early August! I'm from Fair Oaks, where are you in town? Lisa

I just love SSF Kaiser......:rolleyes: Well earlier in my posting I told you guys about the jerk Radiology Dr. I called yesterday and made a complaint. :o I spoke to the manager over Radiology and told her that considering the discomfort I went thru from the surgery my stay there was great with the staff except for him. I told her he did not have any bed side manners what so ever. Never considered the pain I was going threw being that I just had surgery less than 24 hrs ago. I also felt it was unprofessional that he would reprimand the technichian in front of me :angry: She apologized for his actions and said she takes this very seriously. Especially since I say my stay there was great except for that incident. Which reflects bad on her. She said she would discuss this with the Chief of Radiology and see where he wants to go from there. During some part of the afternoon I missed a call from SSF Kaiser but they didnt leave a message. Later on that evening the manager from Radiology called me again and said she spoke to Dr Duh (the jerk) and he tried calling me at home to apoligize but noone answered and he did not feel comfortable leaving a message on my answering service. She said he was very embarressed and sorry that he made me feel that way. He told her its no excuse but he was having a bad day. She thanked me for calling because they need the positive and negative feedback in order to improve. I just thought that was awesome!!!....:P

That's good Kim. What I'm wondering is why you went to radiology in the first place? I never had to do that.

I'm about to rip through my 100th stall. I can feel it. I was hoping for 159 by 6 month checkup but don't think that will happen. But I'm journaling again and doing Bootcamp so I really think I'll get through this stall.

Some have asked me if it was worth it getting surgery for 56 lbs? Answer: yes!!!!! Nothing else has ever helped me get to this weight nor help rid me of high bp, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea. I'm working on my last 22 lbs. Those are the hard ones. I'm taking them 5 lbs at a time

That's good Kim. What I'm wondering is why you went to radiology in the first place? I never had to do that.

I'm about to rip through my 100th stall. I can feel it. I was hoping for 159 by 6 month checkup but don't think that will happen. But I'm journaling again and doing Bootcamp so I really think I'll get through this stall.

Some have asked me if it was worth it getting surgery for 56 lbs? Answer: yes!!!!! Nothing else has ever helped me get to this weight nor help rid me of high bp, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea. I'm working on my last 22 lbs. Those are the hard ones. I'm taking them 5 lbs at a time

Good for you Lisa.....!!! You are doing great. You will be there in no time.

They didnt do a x-ray on you? All the people I know that had the lap band and sleeve through SSF& Richmond Kaiser had this done. Maybe its the request on the surgeon. U drink that nasty juice to check for any leakage or for lapband ppl to check position and make sure things go down ok.. They did not feed me (broth) until I had my x-rays done. It was called a upper GI scan. I'm happy it was done. I got to see on the screen myself there is NO leakage.

Good for you Lisa.....!!! You are doing great. You will be there in no time.

They didnt do a x-ray on you? All the people I know that had the lap band and sleeve through SSF& Richmond Kaiser had this done. Maybe its the request on the surgeon. U drink that nasty juice to check for any leakage or for lapband ppl to check position and make sure things go down ok.. They did not feed me (broth) until I had my x-rays done. It was called a upper GI scan. I'm happy it was done. I got to see on the screen myself there is NO leakage.

Hello Looooosers!

Lisa and I both had Dr. Le and he does the leak test while you are on the table-- with that blue dye that I peeed out for two days. He said that he wants to know right away if there is a leak so it can be repaired while he hasmyou open. So no nasty juice for us and no leaks--thank God!

David

My doctor, Dr David Le, said he checks for leaks when he's still operating. So I didn't have to do that test. Thank goodness.

Keep up the good work Kim. Lisa

Hi-

That test was horrid!

I could barely stand, and to think about drinking...

Thankful they laid the table back- I was near fainting...

as for SSF. staff- I was never treated better, even on a vacation...

the nurses were great, the Dr. was awesome! I had a followup with Dr. Le.

he was great in answering questions.

now to get over the hump... I get very dizzy when I stand up, nearly fainted this morning...

I am drinking, I also added Protein Water in this morn to see if that helps...

SSF staff were amazing. There was one nurse who diTNT do much but other then that, great experience.