Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

WCgirl-

are you in the SR Kaiser 14 week support program?

I will be finishing my last meeting- and may have some extended support meetings on my deck- pool side- if your interested... totally informal- just share/chat and ask...

My wife and I have decided to share our stories/tricks/tips if any groups need guest speakers.

just trying to return it...

Hey Neil!

The next support program starts the 30th. I REALLY want to go but I don't have the $160 to pay all at once. I WISH they would let me make payments! Both my kids are attending camp in July and I have already committed the money to that. I'm so bummed. I would LOVE to come to the support meetings you are facilitating though. The Kaiser Santa Rosa meetings are only monthly and I called to ask about it the day after the last one! I barely missed it. Where are you located?

Thanks!

Tanya

Love dr im

I can't wait to meet him, I have heard nothing but great things about him! Anything I should know about him and his style? Does he have certain things he expects before surgery? Or anything else I could know that would give me an advantage to be doing when I go to see him?

Thanks!

Tanya

WCGirl-

I'm living the HIgh life, up here in Windsor laugh.gif

some how- YOU have to get into the 14 week classes...

1. your process goes faster/easier- <13 weeks from orientation to surgery for me, wife was faster.>

2. knowledge...

3. friends/support

4. best $$ I have spent on weightloss in 40 years!

5.call customer services... some way- some how...

6. make sure TIM is your facilitator... enuf said!

my pm is always open...

Neil I'm in petaluma and would live tocome to a support group there. Message me if and when you have one. I would love to talk to others in person about the surgery. I'm 5 months post op. Lisa

Ok, I bit the bullet and signed up for and paid for the 14 week class. The first class will be next Thursday! I knew I really needed to do it but it was the money holding me back. My husband can pick up some overtime if needed. :) Thanks for the kick in the pants Neil.

Tanya

Tanya- Congrats!

I hope you feel the weight lifted from your shoulders already...

feel free to pm me- anytime/anything...

I'm lucky I had/have my wife- 6 mo. post op to carry me through the process-

and in that time my neg. thoughts out weighed my body...

I am in a better place mentally today, I just want to help anybody, that wants help...

Lisa- i have about 5 people interested in an evening get together-

are you on FB? I can invite you into our group-

Tanya- Congrats!

I hope you feel the weight lifted from your shoulders already...

feel free to pm me- anytime/anything...

I'm lucky I had/have my wife- 6 mo. post op to carry me through the process-

and in that time my neg. thoughts out weighed my body...

I am in a better place mentally today, I just want to help anybody, that wants help...

Lisa- i have about 5 people interested in an evening get together-

are you on FB? I can invite you into our group-

Neil I do have Facebook but I do not talk about my sleeve on facebook at all. I share an account with my 15 year old daughter. Her and I are very open about everything, but I do not talk publicly about my surgery. if it's a private group, that would be great. I'll email you my FB name.

Hey guys, I see lots of people talking about liquid diets, does Richmond Kaiser expect you to do that? According to my binder and what the nutritionist said it's the pre-op diet right up until the day before surgery and then nothing to eat or drink past a certain time, etc. Can you guys let me know your experiences? I've been on the pre-op diet since the 15th, last week, and will stay on it until surgery. It's not so bad.

Thanks,

Tanya

Hey Congrats on your Surgery. I was sleeved on June 13 by Dr. Baggs at Richmond Kaiser and I also live in Sacramento. Hope you are feeling good.

:D

Hey guys, I see lots of people talking about liquid diets, does Richmond Kaiser expect you to do that? According to my binder and what the nutritionist said it's the pre-op diet right up until the day before surgery and then nothing to eat or drink past a certain time, etc. Can you guys let me know your experiences? I've been on the pre-op diet since the 15th, last week, and will stay on it until surgery. It's not so bad.

Thanks,

Tanya

You follow the binder pre op program until surgery. The night before surgery they will give you instructions on what time to have you last meal by and all of that. I would have had a very hard time with a liquid diet but the kaiser pre op was good for me. I lost 36 pounds on it, never felt hungry and it helped with my carb cravings. Good luck!

Hi Everyone,

So I am craving salt! It's insane, but all I want is salt. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm a little over two weeks post op. Today, I mashed up some potatoes, and poured on the salt. I think i'm drinking so much and eating so little that my sodium levels are no doubt a little low. I have my phone appointment with Dr. Alami today, and I'm hoping he moves me to Phase III....wish me luck. :)

Me again! Ok, so I attended orientation alone. What appointment from here on out should I bring my husband to? Should he come to the Lifestyles class and the surgeon appointment? I swear he's read through my binder more times than I have and he has it memorized! Anyway, he wants to be more involved and now I'm kicking myself for not bringing him to orientation and I don't want to miss any more opportunities for him to be involved.

Thanks!

Tanya

Was your nutrition class incorporated into the orientation or is it separate? That might be a good class for him to attend. That way he will know the ins and outs of what you can eat after surgery. It's still a shock for my husband when I tell him that veggies don't matter right now...it's all about Protein...lol I had two orientations also. One here in Santa Rosa where I live, and the official one at South San Francisco. Did you do the unofficial orientation or the official one?

Me again! Ok, so I attended orientation alone. What appointment from here on out should I bring my husband to? Should he come to the Lifestyles class and the surgeon appointment? I swear he's read through my binder more times than I have and he has it memorized! Anyway, he wants to be more involved and now I'm kicking myself for not bringing him to orientation and I don't want to miss any more opportunities for him to be involved.

Thanks!

Tanya

Was your nutrition class incorporated into the orientation or is it separate? That might be a good class for him to attend. That way he will know the ins and outs of what you can eat after surgery. It's still a shock for my husband when I tell him that veggies don't matter right now...it's all about Protein...lol I had two orientations also. One here in Santa Rosa where I live, and the official one at South San Francisco. Did you do the unofficial orientation or the official one?

Yes, I did the "Weight loss surgery: preparing for success overview class" at Santa Rosa before my doctor referred me to Richmond. Then after they got my referral I attended the "Bariatric Surgery Program Orientation" at Richmond. I did both alone. Now I'm scheduled for the "Bariatric Lifestyle Class" at Richmond and so I'm wondering if that's a good one for him to attend. Also, should he come with me to my first appointment with my surgeon?

Thanks!

Tanya

Hi Everyone,

So I am craving salt! It's insane, but all I want is salt. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm a little over two weeks post op. Today, I mashed up some potatoes, and poured on the salt. I think i'm drinking so much and eating so little that my sodium levels are no doubt a little low. I have my phone appointment with Dr. Alami today, and I'm hoping he moves me to Phase III....wish me luck. :)

I'm 9 months out, and although I've never been much of a salt user, I love it now. I noticed this craving a few months ago and wondered if it was due to some deficiency. I will be interested to hear what your doctor says.

Karen