Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Hey Baby,

A journal is a good idea, and I keep meaning to do it. I will start one tomorrow. I have been drinking Optimum 100% whey Protein that I get from bodybuilders.com. It tastes good (no, really!) and they have a ton of different flavors. I thought about buying the ones from costco, but I was concerned that they were twice the calories. Now that I'm only eating 300 calories a day, I am thinking of trying them.

9 days left is awesome!! Try not to stress eat (I know, yeah right...lol) and maybe plan two "last meals." My last two meals were my most favorite things in the world. I had old chicago pizza the week before my pre op appointment, and a nice light sushi dinner the night before my surgery. Maybe "treat" yourself to one final item before your surgery so you won't crave it afterwards and you can consider it done and final. It worked for me, and I was truly prepared to have my surgery. As Dr. Alami would say, don't have "one last hurrah." You still need to pass your weigh in...lol Talk to you soon, and let me know if you find a good pre mixed shake :)

Hey Dargar,

Are you or planning on keeping a journel? What kind of Protein shakes are you drinking? I have the powder but I think I may buy the premix one too. My surgery is in 9 days and I am starting to freak out. I find myself wanting to stress eat. My biggest down fall are sweets ;) I wish I could just blink and be past the 1st 3 days of surgery.:blink:

Tomorrow's the big day Neil! Woohoo! Who is your surgeon?

I've got my pre-op appt tomorrow. Should I be bringing anything other than my binder? When I was with Richmond they said you have to bring all your Vitamins to the pre-op appt, but I don't think SSF told me anything like that.

Aaacckkk! I'm so excited! See you in recovery, babysista!

Hey Sing

I went to my class last week and no you dont need anything but your binder. I enjoyed my class a lot. Lots and lots of info. Have fun.

Hey Baby,

A journal is a good idea, and I keep meaning to do it. I will start one tomorrow. I have been drinking Optimum 100% whey Protein that I get from bodybuilders.com. It tastes good (no, really!) and they have a ton of different flavors. I thought about buying the ones from costco, but I was concerned that they were twice the calories. Now that I'm only eating 300 calories a day, I am thinking of trying them.

Talk to you soon, and let me know if you find a good pre mixed shake :)

I love the idea if the Protein Drink try-out that Kelly posted a few pages back. I'd love to try other brands. I drink the Premier Nutrition ready-to-drink from costco. I drink both the chocolate and vanilla. I tried the Worldwide as recommended by the dietician but it had a really metalic tast that I couldn't tolerate. I also have a huge stash of samples. I waiting until after surgery to try them because I've heard so many people say their tastes have changed after surgery. I have the syntax nectar sample pack (tons of flavors!) unjury, and a couple of Protein Shots. I also bought one bottle of each flavor of Isopure (ready-to-drink). I hate muscle milk but I bought a whole case at costco before trying it. I'm hoping I can tolerate it after surgery, if not... they're free to a good home.

I love the idea if the Protein drink try-out that Kelly posted a few pages back. I'd love to try other brands. I drink the Premier Nutrition ready-to-drink from costco. I drink both the chocolate and vanilla. I tried the Worldwide as recommended by the dietician but it had a really metalic tast that I couldn't tolerate. I also have a huge stash of samples. I waiting until after surgery to try them because I've heard so many people say their tastes have changed after surgery. I have the syntax nectar sample pack (tons of flavors!) unjury, and a couple of Protein Shots. I also bought one bottle of each flavor of Isopure (ready-to-drink). I hate muscle milk but I bought a whole case at costco before trying it. I'm hoping I can tolerate it after surgery, if not... they're free to a good home.

Hey Sing

For the life of me I can not find Kelly's post. If you find it can you repost it for me thanks.:P

Dargar or anyone else thats sleeved

Did any of you have problems swallowing the pill/vitamins after surgery? I was thinking if I should do chewable for everything or am I being overly paranoid.

Hi-

Done!

home relaxing- kinda cool-

Me to wife: I'm gonna take a nap-

wife:- OK.

laugh.gif

no serious problems- I was a bit nauseated and they kept me an extra day-

my heart rate drops to 46 while sleeping- that alarms everyone.

I say it's from all the walking I did pryer.

Glad you got through it Neil. Hooray.

I used chewables for first three months. Now pills. Calcium pills seems to make menauseous if I don't eat something with them

I'm do glad for the 6 month clas coming up. I need a boost.

I lost a lb on vacation. Want tO be in 150s At 6 month Checkup. I have 5 to go.

Chef!

Welcome back and congratulations! Keep us posted...walk & sip :)

Hi-

Done!

laugh.gif

Hi-

Done!

laugh.gif

Hey Chef,

Good to see you made it to the loser side. Rest rest rest...... walk walk walk and sip sip sip.

Hey Baby,

I used liquid tylenol for the first week and now I can take regular tylenol pills one at a time. I also bought chewable vitamins because I wasn't sure i would be able to swallow them. I'm glad I did because I can't imagine swallowing those big old pills...lol When you go to your pre op the nut will tell you about www.bariatrics.com, and you will be able to find everything chewable on that site. I bought the chewy Calcium and they are delicious. I can't eat them now, but maybe in another week, but I did try one before the surgery.

Dargar or anyone else thats sleeved

Did any of you have problems swallowing the pill/vitamins after surgery? I was thinking if I should do chewable for everything or am I being overly paranoid.

If anyone wants to buy some cinnamon chewable Calcium from Bariatricadvantahe.com I have two huge new containers full. I now swallow calcium pills. These are calcium citrate. Chew one, 3 xs a day. 500 mg. 270 count (enough for three months). Paid $45.95 a container. You can have them for $20 apiece. If I need to ship them, a couple bucks for shipping.

dinner was cream of potato Soup, strained and apple sauce- I was going slow- little spoons- and then decided to have my apple sauce- and one spoon the size of my finger nail- I'm full!

:)

Isn't that a great feeling. I remember feeling a sense of claustrophobia right after surgery becuz I thought I'd never be able to eat again. But after healing, you can eat more. But the first two months everyone apologized becuz i couldn't eat much. Kinda drove me crazy. Now I'm getting tons of compliments on how I look and dealing with howtohandle that. I'm not great at receiving compliments. And I dont feel skinny. I still have 25 lbs tO goal. and I still have a "pot" from bellybutton down.

Tomorrow I'm kicking it up another notch at Bootcamp. Trying to lose another 5 by 6 month meeting on July 14. :).

I'm 11 days out, and tonight I had one cup of cream of chicken Protein Soup. Can't believe I was able to drink it all, but i did. It took me about an hour, and I just sipped it til it was gone. It wasn't bad, and it gave me 15 grams of protein.

dinner was cream of potato soup, strained and apple sauce- I was going slow- little spoons- and then decided to have my apple sauce- and one spoon the size of my finger nail- I'm full!

:)