Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Neil, you're not that chef, are you? The speaker chef sat right in front of us last month, but he's already had his surgery.

Nope-

my wife reported it was a great meeting. He was awesome...

oh yea- less than 24 hours to go...

why is my stomach in knots?

Hey there Baby,

Today, day 6, is the first day I've felt tired. Yesterday was my best day, and I figured out that I'm not lactose intolerant, but rather my body was probably getting rid of the drugs and the gas they pumped me with for the surgery, which is probably what caused the diarrea. Funny, but I really have felt great and have not had any issues. I'm drinking 32 ounces a day now, and will try to drink more today. I woke up feeling fine this morning, and was making plans to go to the beach with the family, then all of a sudden I needed a nap. now. So even after a solid 8 hours of sleep, I went and lay down for two more hours! I know being tired is a part of the process, but it came on so sudden that I truly was surprised!

So far, food-wise, I've eaten mashed potatoes, soft cheese, greek yogurts, Soups, my daily Protein Shake, and the doctor told me I could have tofu now too. Miso Soup sounds good about now...lol So, overall, I'm doing great! The acid is still an issue, and it gives me a hungry feeling and pressure. I keep walking, and have found the more I walk the better I feel. My three yr old is loving it because we walk around our block and she can ride her bike to the "waterfall" at the end of our street....it's a sad little waterfall...lol

How are you doing? Getting excited for the big day??

Good morning VSG family,

Just checking in on everyone. Where's everyone? Dargar27, how are you feeling?

Hey Chef,

You'll be fine! The staff is GREAT and will totally take care of you! I'm super excited for you, so make sure you post back as soon as you get home!! Best advice from someone only 1 week out? Walk!!! Walk those hallways my friend and you'll recover so much faster. It was true for both my C-Sections and was true this time too. Best of luck to you, and a quick recovery!!

Neil, you're not that chef, are you? The speaker chef sat right in front of us last month, but he's already had his surgery.

Nope-

my wife reported it was a great meeting. He was awesome...

oh yea- less than 24 hours to go...

why is my stomach in knots?

How are you doing? Getting excited for the big day??

getting ready to head to south San Francisco...

I'm checking in at 7 am. and will be rendered useless, by 8:30 am. monday morn!

Same time as me, that's awesome!

getting ready to head to south San Francisco...

I'm checking in at 7 am. and will be rendered useless, by 8:30 am. monday morn!

Have a good surgery Chef. Welcome to the losers club. Liaa

How is it going darga?

Hey Dargar,

Are you or planning on keeping a journel? What kind of Protein Shakes are you drinking? I have the powder but I think I may buy the premix one too. My surgery is in 9 days and I am starting to freak out. I find myself wanting to stress eat. My biggest down fall are sweets ;) I wish I could just blink and be past the 1st 3 days of surgery.:blink:

It's going well! I haven't had any issues except some pressure from the acid, but walking helps keep it at bay, although it does wake me up in the night time, which sucks. Otherwise, eating and drinking are not a problem, and I'm feeling good. So far, not real tired, although I did have a day where I was dragging. I'm told I will get more tired this week, but maybe I'll luck out and skip it! How are you doing? Getting ready for the big day? Who is your doctor?

How is it going darga?

Hey Lisa,

Sorry, I totally thought I was responding to Baby!! LOL How was your trip to D. Land?? :)

How is it going darga?

Trip was great. On our way home. I learned some new Dance moves and was cutting the rug with kids over half my age. Something I wouldn t have done 55 lbs ago. I was keeping up with them all. And wasnt tired or sweaty like before. Walked for days. Closed the park 6 out of 7 days. Anxious to jump on the scale in a day or two. Didn't eat a lot but still didn't eat the best. Hard when you are

At Disneyland. I need to detox. Think I'll check into that. Maybe just shakes and broth for a couple of days

Glad you are doing well. Call you when I get home. We r on the road.

Tomorrow's the big day Neil! Woohoo! Who is your surgeon?

I've got my pre-op appt tomorrow. Should I be bringing anything other than my binder? When I was with Richmond they said you have to bring all your Vitamins to the pre-op appt, but I don't think SSF told me anything like that.

Aaacckkk! I'm so excited! See you in recovery, babysista!

Hey Sing,

Nope, you don't need anything, at least I didn't. Good luck and congrats!!

Tomorrow's the big day Neil! Woohoo! Who is your surgeon?

I've got my pre-op appt tomorrow. Should I be bringing anything other than my binder? When I was with Richmond they said you have to bring all your Vitamins to the pre-op appt, but I don't think SSF told me anything like that.

Aaacckkk! I'm so excited! See you in recovery, babysista!