Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

I was thinking about it. My 3 yr old has gymnastics at 9 but I might be able to make it over a couple of mins late :) It's the one at Wells Fargo, right?

Is anyone going to the Santa Rosa support group on Saturday morning at 10am? A few of us from Oakland will be there.

Is anyone going to the Santa Rosa support group on Saturday morning at 10am? A few of us from Oakland will be there.

I will miss it, last day of work before "The change" laugh.gif

My wife, a RnY'r will be there.

safe travels-

At 15 months, I'm still taking my Protonix 2x a day.

Sometimes when people go off their PPI (protonix or other) they experience what feels like more hunger when in reality it is acid building up in the stomach. When I tried to go off it, I discovered that I had heart burn for the first time in my life. I also felt hungrier than I did when I was taking it. I'm one of those that had the hunger feelings return early. I think with the smaller sleeves more of the gherlin is removed and you don't get that hunger back so quickly. Not sure, no science behind those thoughts. But the statements of more acid, more hunger feelings when going off have been talked about extensively over on Obesity Help.com.

Congrats to those of you in early recovery!!

I will miss it, last day of work before "The change" laugh.gif

My wife, a RnY'r will be there.

safe travels-

Were you at the last meeting in Santa Rosa? I was there, sitting up front with some other Oakland people.

I was thinking about it. My 3 yr old has gymnastics at 9 but I might be able to make it over a couple of mins late :) It's the one at Wells Fargo, right?

Yes, the one at Wells Fargo. Heck, SFDavid, can you join us for the meeting?

Hi Lee,

I felt hungry right away. I had surgery on Monday, and I was feeling hungry by Tuesday night. Of course, it's resolved with one sip of a Protein Shake at this point, but I was really hoping the hunger feeling wouldn't return.

At 15 months, I'm still taking my Protonix 2x a day.

Sometimes when people go off their PPI (protonix or other) they experience what feels like more hunger when in reality it is acid building up in the stomach. When I tried to go off it, I discovered that I had heart burn for the first time in my life. I also felt hungrier than I did when I was taking it. I'm one of those that had the hunger feelings return early. I think with the smaller sleeves more of the gherlin is removed and you don't get that hunger back so quickly. Not sure, no science behind those thoughts. But the statements of more acid, more hunger feelings when going off have been talked about extensively over on Obesity Help.com.

Congrats to those of you in early recovery!!

Darlene, those feelings will go away. The nerves were cut during surgery and what you're feeling probably isn't real hunger. Isnt' it great that 1 sip takes it away? You may have some excess acid at this point. On night three I woke up with a mouthful of acid and had to add an additional pillow under me until the PPI's really kicked in.

I won't be there for themeeting. Bummer that would be awesome. I won't be home till Sunday.

I still take prilosec for acid even though dr Le toldme I could go off of it. I stopped it for a while and felt the same as Lee. So I just take it. I don't mind. I no longer take bp meds, cholesterol meds, and I'm cured of my sleep apnea. it's a great trade off. Oh and sorry if TMI, but before I lost all this weight I would sweat so bad on a trip like this walking around Disneyland all day. But now I feel normal. No more sweating like a stuck hog. Yeah.

Lisa

Yes, the one at Wells Fargo. Heck, SFDavid, can you join us for the meeting?

Hiya Lee! I wish I could but I will be out of town until Tuesday. Have a great meeting andi can't wait to hear what comes out of it.

I won't be there for themeeting. Bummer that would be awesome. I won't be home till Sunday.

I still take prilosec for acid even though dr Le toldme I could go off of it. I stopped it for a while and felt the same as Lee. So I just take it. I don't mind. I no longer take bp meds, cholesterol meds, and I'm cured of my sleep apnea. it's a great trade off. Oh and sorry if TMI, but before I lost all this weight I would sweat so bad on a trip like this walking around Disneyland all day. But now I feel normal. No more sweating like a stuck hog. Yeah.

Lisa

Me too, LisaLisa...Dr. Le told me to go off my PPI and I tried but I did feel more hunger so I went back on however, I cut myself down to only one a day instead of two and it seems to do the trick nicely. Have fun in "the happiest place on earth!". I'm so jealous!!!

Lisa,

Choosing between D. Land and a support group meeting is easy...always choose the mouse! :)

Lisa

I've heard so many good things about the Santa Rosa support group. I feel like I should make the drive sometime. (I'm from Sacramento area)

The word is-

there will be a chef there, guest speaker...

and I have to work behindsofa.gif

This month the guest speaker is a Plastic Surgeon. I believe the Chef is in July. I'm looking forward to that one as well. Neil, you're not that chef, are you? The speaker chef sat right in front of us last month, but he's already had his surgery.