Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond/kaiser South San Francisco Gastric Sleeve Brothers And Sisters!

Just looking to start a new thread or meet some NEW people that have had Kaiser sleeve surgery or are going to have sleeve surgery soon. I am Chrissy I live In Sacramento. I was JUST sleeved on June 16, 2010! I was sleeved at Kaiser Richmond by Dr. Im. Looking for new people, Fun, Friends, new issues, recipes, suggestions, or just to talk!:)

Hi there...I am awaiting sleeve surgery with Kaiser S. SF. I have had all my pre-op appointments/classes and am just waiting for a sleep study on 6/30 to confirm I do not have sleep apnea. Surgeon wants me to lose 5 more pounds, but I am not too worried about that.

Excited to see some locals getting sleeved :)

Hi! My name is Chrissy like I said. Who is your Doctor? I have a few friends who have been banded and now sleeved that went through South San Francisco. It is funny too cause they do things totally different! I think you have the better end of the stick out there. lol! Everyone has LOVED their Doctor and the whole program. My Dr. was AWESOME. Kaiser is third in the nation for bariatrics at the facilities! So impressive.

Hi...my doctor's name is Dr. Ahlmed (sp). I am floored at how fast I have gone through the process. Everyone talks about how slow they are, but it has been amazing. I had an orientation on 6/1, on 6/18 I met with the NP, had a psych eval, chest x-ray, and met with the surgeon. Today I have my nutrition and lifestyle classes and that is it. They want me to do a sleep study on 6/30 because of the shape of my neck and if all is ok, they will schedule surgery. I was able to drop 12 pounds between 6/1 and 6/18, which really helped. Now I am just trying to drop the final 5.

Did you have to do a liquid pre-op diet? I see a lot of people talking about it here, but there has been no mention on it from kaiser. How are you feeling?

Cherice

Hey Chrissy Girl! My sleeve bff buddy :001_wub:

Hi Cherice,

I have Kaiser Fremont. All three have very simmaler pre-op programs. From what I know and what I did Kaiser doesn't do a liquid diet, just the 1200 calorie one and maybe liquids the day before surgery. I was sleeved on May 25th.

Hey ladies! My surgery is tomorrow at Kaiser Fremont and I still can't believe it. I'm on my clear liquid diet today and feel like I'm going to pass out but can't because I have my 1.5 year old with me!

Any suggestions as to what might help??? I know I sound like a big ol' baby considering others have to do this for 2 weeks!!!!OMG

Anyhow, nice to meet you ladies and I hope to talk to you soon!

Lovingly,

monica

WHAT???????? I NEVER had a pre-op liquid diet! I know Kaiser Richmond and Kaiser Freemont do differ a bit. Ashley my SLEEVE bff just was sleeved and she is 3 weeks out. I am 5 days out! To be honest- I am surprised on how great I feel! I thought it was gonna be A LOT worse. Make sure you WALK WALK WALK as soon as they let you! When I was put into my room I basically FORCED them to pull out the cathader (spelling) so I could walk! ASHLEY saved me after I was released. lol. We know all the tricks now and how you should feel! After you get home? you will Feel like SHIT!!!! I felt like a mac truck had hit me (i had a 2 hour ride home) and the next day all the gas was HELL. You gurggle and burp like crazy but now I am doing GREAT! WALKING saved me. They said walk every 4 hours? I walked every hour or 2. I MADE myself. Its the best advice I can give. CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MONICA!!!! hang in there I know there is NOTHING you can do. I had to STOP everything at 4 and only got a cup of veggies in cause I was nesting the day before my surgery. I was STARVING!!!!!!!!! But tomorrow you wont ever be hungry again!!!!!!!!!

Cherice! Great to meet you!! any questions you have I am here to help! ASH was my savior. lol. ANGEL you have no idea! I did the program FAST too ONE month!

Hope you are doing well Monica!

Wow! You Northern Cal Kaiser members are LUCKY! I had my orientation 2 weeks ago and will have to go to a 12 week class which starts in 2 - yes TWO - months. Boohoo! After that, it will still be a minimum of 4-6 weeks for an outside bariatric center or 4-6 months for one of 2 Kaiser hospitals. I think it's because they have all So Cal members go to 3 surgery sites which includes members from LA, Orange County and San Diego. I'm just raring to go and get started and 2 months seems so far away, but I know August will be here before I know it.

I'm happy for all of you getting started and on your way so quickly! As a Kaiser employee, I know all about our reputation for things taking too long (and there really are legitimate reasons). So, it's great to hear about things like this where it's not too bad at all! It's awesome for you all!!!

OMG! VKGIRL!! yikes! Yeah we were told at orientation that it could take up to a year. That is PURE madness though where you are at! AND your an employee?? It's like cut the employee some slack!! lol. It is totally weird too cause ALL of our programs are way different to. You would think with a big corporation like kaiser it would be much more uniform. Ash and I were just talking about the food post-op alone. She is lucky!!! Lol. They let her eat wayyyyy faster then me and I am on liquids forever! I wanna switch now to that manual now I had my surgery. ha ha.

But I got my FIRST apointment in APRIL and everything done in a month. Then my surgery was a month out so total time: 2 month with waiting for surgery and all classes. pretty good!

Edited by chrissysodapop
forgot something

Hi Ashley, Hi Crissy!

After having a long talk with my husband tonight, I have decided to do the sleeve instead of the band. I think in the long run, it just seems like a safer/less obtrusive (as in down the road) procedure.

Thank you both for sharing your stories! It really helped me decide.

I am so happy you decided that! We have a confession we were worried! lol. You are just a young-in like us and if you read here everyone says they should "ban the band" lots of scary stories on here of all the complications and whatnot. I dont wanna post them on the lap-band site at all I would totally offend someone. Ash and I were BOTH gonna get the band. It was not until I had many of the people I met on that forum said CHRISSY DONT GET THE BAND GET THE SLEEVE!!!!!!!!! these are people that had the band. I was even told by the er doctor that kaiser is "phasing them out" and that southern california kaiser isn't doing them anymore??? If anyone is reading this let us know!!!!!!! I am happy you met your way over here. I mean, it's your decision but for the long haul and LESS complications I am happy for you! I have Dr. Im and he said that "WE" as in Kaiser are hoping this is the new weight loss procedure of the future. congrats on your choice!

Yeah, I have spent the last few days reading all the websites, forums and blogs that I could find and I feel like I am making the right choice, I couldn't believe some of the stuff that people were dealing with.

Now it will take forever for next month to get here so I can get started!

Hey Ash, Chrissy and Cokie

I am hanging out over there too. Trying to get information and trying to find out about revisions. I am very seriously considering trying to revise whether through Kaiser or another insurance (i can change in september) I am meeting with my surgeon on the 15th and I am gonna ask if I would be able to have a revision.

I have probably already said to much over on LBT but I have had issues with my band the last 14 months. I would go sleeve if I had the choice. It was not offered when I had my surgery. I am so sick of the fill/unfill cycle and the ER visits.

The more I read over here and talk to people over here the more I want to push ahead and see what my options are. I know the bandsters that are successful love their bands. I have just had issues with mine which not everyone likes to hear.

Nice to see some of you here. I know Bella/Lee is also over there as well.