Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I'm getting ready for work this morning & kinda got frantic. I tried on one pair of pants - too big. Tried on another pair of pants - too big. Went to the smallest ones I have and thought "whew! this works".

Typical morning - rush, rush, rush. Drop the youngest off at daycare & drive into work with my hubby (we work at the same company, same building, same floor - LOL). Thursday are free coffee days in my department, so my hubby always comes by to chat. Yeah right - we all know he wants free coffee. Part of his "charade" is to stop by my desk.

He walks in my office & sees me standing up. He's like "What are you wearing? Those clothes are falling off of you." I was crushed. I was like "it's all that would fit". He says back "Those do not fit. You need to show off how you are looking, not hiding behind those clothes. At lunch, we are going shopping and buying you some clothes that fit."

Luckily, there is a decent thrift store near work, so we went at lunch. The pants I had on were 12's. I went over to the 9/10 section, held up pants and went "no way" ... but, decided to try them on anyway. Every single pair I tried on fit!!!!! Some were too short or I didn't like them when I got them on. But, THEY ALL FIT! Some were even a bit loose. I can't remember the last time I fit into 10's. Maybe for a week or two in my twenties, but that's it.

WHAT A DAY!

Thanks ... this has been such a journey - weird, wacky, wonderful, WOW!

That's fantastic! I joined this board right about when you were having your surgery, and I can't believe how quickly the time has passed and what amazing progress you have made!! Congratulations!!!

That sounds like what happened to me. I was going on a trip to Italy for my 25th anniversary in May and bought some capris in a size 12 around the first of April (I used to wear a 22, so I was thrilled). Before the trip my husband asked if I was wearing old pants and I said "no, these are my new ones". He said they were pretty baggy in the butt (that's the first place he looks :thumbup:), and I realized they were kind of loose in the waist too. So I measured and I had lost 2" in my waist from the first of April until mid-May.

Needless to say, I also had to run out to the store and after taking size 12's and 10's to the dressing room, finally ended up buying 8's! I think I wore 8's when I was a teenager (I'm 49 now). This is still blowing my mind! I look in the mirror and think - "Who are you, woman???"

That's great (both for under growing your pants and having a husband that wants to shop at lunch:-)!

Guest Stephanie

Congrats! That is exciting!

:thumbup:hi mini me - i am so so happy for you, thankyou for sharing your experience, nice husband that takes you shopping, just goes to show he appreciates all your hard work and effort.

Yep! I've got a good one for sure. Plus, I think he wanted to show off my um, how should I say this ... "assets". :thumbup:

That is amazing!!! And your hubby sounds very sweet. It's nice for him to recognize your progress and tell you to recognize it in yourself too :thumbup: Congrats on the new wardrobe :thumbup:

I hate to say it but "I told you so!"

I remember when you were so afraid the sleeve wasn't going to work for you. Congratulations! It's the best feeling in the world when the size you think you need, is TOO BIG!

Mini, isn't it amazing how we view ourselves MENTALLY even though PHYSICALLY we are changing?

Congrats!!! That is a great Victory! And kudos to your hubby for insisting on you showing off and feeling great about your success!

I can't WAIT to be back in my 10s, 8s, 6s and finally 4s!!!

Yo Mini, thats fab. I love thrift shops and charity shops and eBay. I take a perverse pleasure in dressing from non-mainstream in-expensive outlets. You can get some wonderful stuff, and your DH is right, you need to stop hiding from now on. Get used to not hiding behind the Cloak of Flabby Invisibility. You have rejoined the world of Normal, which is a whole new place to play in.

Jane