Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommendations for band->sleeve revision in Dallas area?

I -love- my sleeve, but the doc who did my revision is very very pricey. My girlfriend also needs a revision, but the $25K out of pocket just isn't going to happen.

Any recommendations on someone a bit cheaper, but safe?

I can't remember what Dr. Barker charges, but TexasT on here used him.

When I was researching last year for Texas surgeons, I looked into Dr. David Kim, and Dr. Nick Nicholson pretty heavily while trying to figure out if my insurance would cover my revision. I don't remember the costs that they quoted me last year. I know Annak on here used Nicholson for her revision.

You may want to contact both of them via the private message system if you don't get a lot of responses here.

Best wishes ! ! !

My Dr. was Manuel Castro at New Beginnings Surgical Group. I didn't have a revision, but I was VERY happy with the care I got from him and with his office. His prices seem to be competitive and he is very professional. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Good Luck!

Av

I went to BSC of Dallas. Dr. James Davidson did my sleeve. He is wonderful, I had the very best of care at their brand new hospital. They only take 25 patients at a time, so you get plenty of attention. I was fortunate that my husbands family live there. We live in Florida, and I had to stay there two weeks before Dr. would let me fly home. My price for 3 nights in hospital, and the unexpected repair of a hernia cost us 12,500. I thought the price was great! Plus is is in USA.

I paid $5000 for my revision with Dr. Barker. I also needed to have my gall bladder removed too, so he did it all at once. When he got in there he found I had a hiatal hernia, which he also repaired. I know they filed insurance for those things, but I'm not really sure how much my insurance paid. I DO know that Dr. Barker didn't charge me a penny over the $5000 though no matter what insurance paid. The hospital (Forest Park Medical Center) was great and I had fantastic care there too.

Not a revision, but I paid $6K for the surgeon and $8.5 for Baylor Medical Center in Frisco (Dr Hamn has an agreement with them). I could have paid $2K less for a different hospital, but this was more convenient for my son and husband. Dr. Hamn was recommended by my primary care physician and she told me she has 8 patients that have used Dr. Hamn for WLS of some kind or another.

Terrie

My Dr. was Manuel Castro at New Beginnings Surgical Group. I didn't have a revision, but I was VERY happy with the care I got from him and with his office. His prices seem to be competitive and he is very professional. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Good Luck!

Av

This is my doctor as well!! He did my lapband in 2008 and he also did my revision surgery earlier this week. He's a great doctor and his staff is wonderful.

I'm not sure about his pricing since my insurance covered both procedures.

Here's a link to his website if you want to check it out. New Beginnings Surgical Group - Dr.Manuel E. Castro MD, PhD, FACS , Bariatric Surgery, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve, Lap-Band Surgery

Hi Tiffy

I am new to this site, and while surfing & researching, I came across your posts a lot. I wanted to see if i can talk to you in person or email you (if it's okay with you). I don't know how to post private messages. By the way i am in Dallas TX.

Thanks.

Dr. Nick Nicholson has the lowest complications rate in the metroplex and is, frankly, just an outstanding person. I can't imagine letting anyone else do my revision. His pricing is very competitive and for self pay he utilizes Forest Park Medical Center, a specialty hospital that is out of this world. I highly recommend him.

www.nicholsonclinic.com

Hi Tiffy

I am new to this site, and while surfing & researching, I came across your posts a lot. I wanted to see if i can talk to you in person or email you (if it's okay with you). I don't know how to post private messages. By the way i am in Dallas TX.

Thanks.

I just saw this post, so I apologize for the delay in my reply. I've sent you a private message here so you can reply to it.