Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is that normal? To have a random sharp pain under my left boob / left side of my chest? I'm 2 weeks out and over the last few days I randomly get this pain. Sometimes when I eat and sometimes even when I'm just sipping fluids. Has anyone else felt this? I am so freaked out over leaks, could this be a sign? I don't have a temperature, so what is everyone's opinions? I'm gonna call my surgeon in the AM but was looking to see what you all think.

Or maybe it is because of my hiatal hernia that was repaired when I had my VSG?

OMG I'm just about 9 months out and get the same pain under my left breast a bit towards the center of my chest (but under the breast). I just don't know what that pain is. My dad said it might be gas I just had it a few minutes ago and it comes and goes. Please let me know what you doctor says...I had a hiatal hernia repair when I had my sleeve surgery.

Will do as soon as I talk to her. I googled it and it comes up as gas, or acid reflux. But being that I just had surgery I don't want to just assume something lol!

If it hurts when you breathe in I'd call your dr and just ask about a blood clot to be on the safe side .

I have had a lil bit of pain under there too, i am chalking it up to gas, or maybe walking TOO much...i am going to take it easy...I am 4 days post op...Good luck, I think everything will be fine!

wow... me too. Its not deep pain but its not on the surface (skin) either. Its almost like a sore mucscle.... like I have been working out only the area under my left boob. Is that what you guys have?

I am also two weeks out, and I have the same pain. I called the dr. and he said that I probably have done too much activity and pulled an internal stitch which is located in the abdominal wall. He said to take some pain meds, lay in the fetal position as often as possible to take the pressure off the abdominal wall. I talked to his P.A. today, and she said to keep up the walking and meds. It is common after 2 weeks post opt. hope this helps

wow... me too. Its not deep pain but its not on the surface (skin) either. Its almost like a sore mucscle.... like I have been working out only the area under my left boob. Is that what you guys have?

Yes! and when I have it I can feel it if I take a deep breath. :)

I am 5 days post op and I am having stabbing pain in my right breast...not underneath but it feels like it is actually in my breast. I don't think it is gas pain...did anyone speak with their dr about what else it could be? I am thinking of going in for an x-ray to see if a staple came loose...has anyone ever heard of that happening...help

I had gas pains there in the begining! I haven't had any in a while though. My full feeling hits me right between my breast at the bottom of my sternum. Good Luck I hope it goes away soon and it's nothing serious!

I was also experiencing this Saturday. Sunday I took it easy but still folded laundry and then bent over to pick up something and boooom, pain again. I don't work on Mondays and my husband said not to do anything so the only thing I did was go to the mall and walk the upper and lower level for my excerise (it is soo cold here in AL) and he has done everything else. No pain today....I guess I felt good that I forgot that I am on restrictions for a reason. Hopefully if you rest it will get better otherwise call your doctor.