Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stcyt - Hang in there - you will get there at just the right time for you. Hey I have lost 2 pounds of hair this month : ) - See what you have to look forward to? (Just a bad joke, but seriously my hair is just falling out like bananas.)

Yikes.... maybe we should have been more specific when we said we wanted to loose weight :blink:

I am so very glad to read this thread....I was thinking I was all alone and I would be the one for whom the sleeve did not work. I do all the right things....exerscise, eat about 800 good calories a day, do my Vitamins, etc.....everything everyone talks about on the board. I'm still bummed, but quite encouraged by everyone's comments. I can't bring myself to put away the scales yet, but I may make my DH hide them for me!

Hi Stacy,

I don't know if you remember me but I was one of the ladies who had surgery with you on the 4-21 in Mexico and I completely understand what you're feeling. I've only lost 27lbs and I feel like I should have lost more by now. I've had a no weight loss stall for about 3 weeks and I keep reminding myself that it's just a stall and it happens to everyone but it's still frustrating. I just thought having a heavier BMI that I would lose faster but I guess that's not the case, some of us just lose at a slower weight. Just keep up the good work with the eating and the working out and you'll be where you want to be in no time, I promise!!!

Daisy

Hey Daisy

Of course I remember you... I'm glad to hear from you. I wanted to check in with everybody after but I lost my piece of paper with everyones e-mails. I'm glad your doing well.

27lbs is great!!!! I know I just have to hang in there. Its just that I have days when I want it NOW. Its funny.... in the past when I got discouraged it usually ended in a full on eating binge.... I cant do that any more and just that in itself is worth it. I hated those binges.... felt so out of control.

I'm going to weight again on the 21st (our sleevaversary) and I'll see whats up then. People are starting to notice though. I just get scared some times. I have fought this weight my whole life and it sometimes seems impossible that something could actually work.

good to hear from you

take care

Stacey

I'm a lightweight and a very slow loser, too. But I am making a gigantic point of NOT torturing myself during the process. In my head, I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, and I know that the weight will come off. I'm down 21 pounds so far (probably a little more because I bought a new scale and had to lose the same three pounds twice!), and I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn for a couple of years, and people are really noticing. It seems WAY too slow for me, but I'm not yet three months out and I'm more than 1/3 of the way to goal, which is far better than I've ever done on any diet.

I would hate to think that 3 or 6 or 9 months from now, when I'm at my goal weight, I would look back and think "Gee, I wish I had trusted the process and not driven myself crazy and tortured myself the whole time I was losing." I had this surgery so I wouldn't have to torture myself any more. So I'm trying my very very hardest not to obsess, not to compare myself to others, not to watch the calendar, and not to drive myself crazy. Instead, I'm focusing on building my new habits and enjoying the journey.

I've already wasted 40-plus years of my life acting crazy about my weight, and I'm just plain ready to stop. You know?

Hang in there, Stacey. You're doing great! Don't wait until you get to goal -- let your new, happy life start NOW!!

I'm sorry you're discouraged, but some of us are just slow losers. For example: I took a resting energy expenditure test a few months ago to see how many calories my body burns while in "couch potato" mode. Average people use 10 to 11 calories per pound of body weight per day. Mine uses about 6.8, which translates to 1088 calories a day for a 160 pound weight. This can get increased though activity, of course. However, for me, the bottom line is that I cannot lose weight on 1200 calories a day, and would lose very slowly on 1,000 per day. At 1000 calorie per day diet, estimating that I burn 1400 per day with exercise, means that it would take me about 9 days to lose one pound (3500 calories). So, you may want to get an REE test to see what your body really uses. You may need to decrease those 1000 calorie days or just understand that your weight loss will be slow, through no fault of your own. Most of us wouldn't be here if we were average "burners".

I'm a lightweight and a very slow loser, too. But I am making a gigantic point of NOT torturing myself during the process. In my head, I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, and I know that the weight will come off. I'm down 21 pounds so far (probably a little more because I bought a new scale and had to lose the same three pounds twice!), and I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn for a couple of years, and people are really noticing. It seems WAY too slow for me, but I'm not yet three months out and I'm more than 1/3 of the way to goal, which is far better than I've ever done on any diet.

I would hate to think that 3 or 6 or 9 months from now, when I'm at my goal weight, I would look back and think "Gee, I wish I had trusted the process and not driven myself crazy and tortured myself the whole time I was losing." I had this surgery so I wouldn't have to torture myself any more. So I'm trying my very very hardest not to obsess, not to compare myself to others, not to watch the calendar, and not to drive myself crazy. Instead, I'm focusing on building my new habits and enjoying the journey.

I've already wasted 40-plus years of my life acting crazy about my weight, and I'm just plain ready to stop. You know?

Hang in there, Stacey. You're doing great! Don't wait until you get to goal -- let your new, happy life start NOW!!

ARGH!!!! I know you are so right. I told myself before I got sleeved that I would no longer obsesss.... the point of the surgery was to let go of all that. Sometimes I just slip into that old rotton thinking :)

I'm sorry you're discouraged, but some of us are just slow losers. For example: I took a resting energy expenditure test a few months ago to see how many calories my body burns while in "couch potato" mode. Average people use 10 to 11 calories per pound of body weight per day. Mine uses about 6.8, which translates to 1088 calories a day for a 160 pound weight. This can get increased though activity, of course. However, for me, the bottom line is that I cannot lose weight on 1200 calories a day, and would lose very slowly on 1,000 per day. At 1000 calorie per day diet, estimating that I burn 1400 per day with exercise, means that it would take me about 9 days to lose one pound (3500 calories). So, you may want to get an REE test to see what your body really uses. You may need to decrease those 1000 calorie days or just understand that your weight loss will be slow, through no fault of your own. Most of us wouldn't be here if we were average "burners".

How do you get one of those tests???

How do you get one of those tests???

My last diet was a medically supervised fast (supplements) and the test was avalable there.

Hey guys.... check it out....

my ticker moved. Its not exactly break neck speed, but it moved!!!!!

I must say. It was totaly worth not weighing for a month. It was hard at times... I just wanted to know. I was definately saner without the daily pressure. Now its "hide the scale" till 3 mos out.

I read through all these posts today and it really helped my head. I know sometimes my thoughts get a little out of wack when it comes to weight loss. It helps alot to have people weigh in (opps, I really didn't mean the pun) with more reasonable comments and advice.

thanks

stacey

Woot woot!!!! I am so excited for you, I know how frustrating that was for a while, I am so glad to hear that things are still moving. Don't ever think your thoughts are too out of whack. All of us have those moments, it is easier to see what others need to do sometimes then to help ourselves, that is why this forum is so great. We can see ourselves in each other and make the changes we need to succeed. Good for you Stacey! Keep it up.

i was sleeved on june 3rd and i lost 27 lbs and i gained back 3!!! I havent lost anything in a week!! so i feel your pain!! But my doctor says he believes im in some kind of transition stage!! I sure hope so